The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Heading back to Ukraine this Friday :)  (Read 2256 times)

Offline supranatural

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
Heading back to Ukraine this Friday :)
« on: December 24, 2007, 08:43:03 AM »
I'll be heading back to Ukraine for the 3rd time in 3 months to spend 2 weeks there with my g/f.  Looking forward to celebrating New Years Eve and Orthodox Christmas with her and her family.  After that it'll be a long 2 months before my next trip back there...

Offline MBS01

• Trips: 20+
Re: Heading back to Ukraine this Friday :)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 05:47:36 AM »
Have a great time:
We spent our first Christmas' together in Ukraine 4 years ago as a new married couple.  Lora had arranged for us to stay a friend's flat as the friend was visiting her daughter in Germany for a couple of months.  So we had our own place together for 5 weeks in late December and most of January 2004.

It was not too far from her parents house so were we there quite often as well for New Year's and Orthodox Christmas including the feast with many kinds of meat that takes place following the Orthodox Christmas Eve Worship on January 6.

We have carried on the traditions of giving and receiving gifts on December 25 and January 1 as well.  Something for everyone here to think about and enjoy as you move forward in your relationships that includes sharing different cultural traditions as part of your new family make-up.

So you and yours and everyone one else here have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year where ever you celebrate it!  Wes and Lora.

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 07:16:37 AM »
Supra

SchaslIvovo RozhdestvA!
(Merry Christmas!)

Udachi !! good luck

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Peace

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 10:52:24 AM »
Enjoy Sup.

I am considering the samething , going to Kiev   for a week in Jan , that will cost $2K  .
She will be here in March  so I am thinking I am just wait till  then .

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 06:59:21 AM »
I am here now until 9th Jan, damn cold I can tell you, I have been  to Russia in minus 12C and this is far worse, a damp type of cold, unusual I am told for this time of year, just my look, I also caught a cold something I never suffer from, but the good news is my UW nursed me all night last night and has come up with some really weird potions but they are working  ;D

Have a great trip

Chris
Слава Україні

Offline supranatural

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 09:46:01 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes...I'm outta here in about 7 hours.  Can't wait, just gotta finish some project deliverables, grab a bite for lunch, and head home early to finish packing and catch my flight. 

Happy New Years to everyone!

Offline ForgeMaster

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 09:51:02 AM »
sprntrl,

Have a great trip!  In many ways I envy you.  Those were very good times for us.  Still are now, but those courting days are grand.

FM
ForgeMaster
FirstMember

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 06:28:34 PM »
Wishing you a truly supranatural trip!

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 07:20:47 PM »
Have a great trip filled with fun, success, and happiness..

Offline supranatural

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 06:08:55 AM »
Well I'm back and unfortunately some very bad news...the snow storm I had hoped would materialize to strand me in Ukraine for a few more days did not appear.  So...I had to quite reluctantly leave my g/f and come home to the States.  Maybe next time :).

Anyway, it was a great trip, that makes 36 days together in 3 months and hundreds of hours on video Skype and phone calls, nothing to make me think that she and I won't be together for a very long time.  Cold as he*l though, omg I thought my fingers would fall of sometimes lol.  But it was a great, great time, we spent the time normally as a couple and although we did go out all night (visiting friends and parties) for New Years Eve (those Ukranians sure know how to party) until 7 am, most of the time we spent at home, walking around town, etc. having home cooked meals and hanging out with family.

Offline Chris

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 08:43:46 AM »
Well I'm back and unfortunately some very bad news...the snow storm I had hoped would materialize to strand me in Ukraine for a few more days did not appear.  So...I had to quite reluctantly leave my g/f and come home to the States.  Maybe next time :).

Anyway, it was a great trip, that makes 36 days together in 3 months and hundreds of hours on video Skype and phone calls, nothing to make me think that she and I won't be together for a very long time.  Cold as he*l though, omg I thought my fingers would fall of sometimes lol.  But it was a great, great time, we spent the time normally as a couple and although we did go out all night (visiting friends and parties) for New Years Eve (those Ukranians sure know how to party) until 7 am, most of the time we spent at home, walking around town, etc. having home cooked meals and hanging out with family.

Sounds like my 3 weeks in Ukraine supranatural, I just got back myself, yep it sure was cold, most of the time -10C, a couple of nights -16C and we were supposed to go skiing but the temp in the mountains was -25C, the day we were meant to go they had nearly a metre of snow overnight  :o But had a great time anyway and for sure they know how to party  :party0011:

Слава Україні

Offline Wiz

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 08:42:02 AM »
Chris

I noticed some small changes in your Avatar ......... but not announced on the board.....so

let me congradulate you about your engagement.............and wish you all the best.

Wiz

:party0011: :party0011: :party0011:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Chris

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 09:35:53 AM »
Thanks Wiz, I will post a little story soon  :-X
Слава Україні

Registration