The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: "Why Smart Men are Going to Ukraine to Find a Wife" by Mark Davis  (Read 13716 times)

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
Re: "Why Smart Men are Going to Ukraine to Find a Wife" by Mark Davis
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2015, 10:25:49 AM »
This would be the worst time as there are more scammers coming out of the wood work now, The grivna is as of today 2450 to 100 dollars , So everything has gone up over 50 percent , So there are more ladies looking to make money then find partners in Ukraine, The agencies are filling up with these lovely 18 to 25 year old women that need to make money to pay for there University and other things, as for the corruption well lets just say it is now 5 times worst then it ever was,

Most of our members are aware of the risks involved in dating very young girls in a country where scamming foreign men is the national sport. The smart men should be able to sort things out even though the percentage of sincere women has dropped precipitously. After all, this thread specifies "smart men," does it not?

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2015, 10:26:44 AM »

Still I have to say I've seen a babushka at a little kiosk get shaken down for *roof*.. so that's a bit more than many places.

Those who did it... may they burn in hell forever. Or... may they be babushkas next time around and feel what is it like on their own skin.
One thing i am happy about Monte - no roof or whatsoever in small businesses here (and the big players... i am not all that concerned); not that the scum didn't try, but local babushkas would get their guns and shoot 'em in the head. Of course, i'd prefer things settled in courts, but until that becomes a norm...  :GRAVE:

No. If someone is determined to bring a Ukrainian woman home, he had better do it now because, after the country collapses, it may be too late.

Tom is right, it's logical - the more unstable the country, the bigger the chance people will seek stability abroad, it's just the way life goes. Ex Yugoslavs were not really known for intermarrying, then during and immediately after the wars, more people married abroad than it was ever the case in written history (and those whom i know remained married to the same guys & 'guls. Destiny  :biggrin: )
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2015, 10:27:56 AM »
So you find a women in Ukraine for this reason the country is about to collapse .

No. If someone is determined to bring a Ukrainian woman home, he had better do it now because, after the country collapses, it may be too late.

You make it sound like a "End of year sale" get yourself there NOW before it finishes. There will always be Ukrainian women there, if Ukraine collapses sometime it will recover in some way. Germany collapsed after the second world  war but there are still german women there today? And how can someone be "Set" on getting themselves a Ukrainian women? Its like an apple iPhone or a Samsung galaxy. The best attitude to take is just go with the flow and see what happens, try Moldova, Belarus or Russia. Though I know a big reason why so many guys decide to go to Ukraine and thats because they can save $200 on the visa:) I know this for 100% so many times have I heard guys say "Its cheaper " to go to Ukraine. I guess its easier to pick a washer up and cleaner there also:)
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline TomT

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2015, 10:40:50 AM »
You make it sound like...

The problem is not how I express myself; it's how you spin my comments.

p.s.

Bill,

This is an example of the correct use of a semicolon.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2015, 10:48:57 AM »
You make it sound like...

The problem is not how I express myself; it's how you spin my comments.

p.s.

Bill,

I probably picked that up of the Russian media machine.

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2015, 11:10:42 AM »
So you find a women in Ukraine for this reason the country is about to collapse .

You make it sound like a "End of year sale" get yourself there NOW before it finishes. There will always be Ukrainian women there, if Ukraine collapses sometime it will recover in some way. Germany collapsed after the second world  war but there are still german women there today? And how can someone be "Set" on getting themselves a Ukrainian women? Its like an apple iPhone or a Samsung galaxy. The best attitude to take is just go with the flow and see what happens, try Moldova, Belarus or Russia. Though I know a big reason why so many guys decide to go to Ukraine and thats because they can save $200 on the visa:) I know this for 100% so many times have I heard guys say "Its cheaper " to go to Ukraine. I guess its easier to pick a washer up and cleaner there also:)

From experience, I can say that Kiev is cheaper and more convenient, than even a proviniclal Russian town.  Add in that more people will speak some kind of English, and that the country is not being propaganadized against the West 100% the way Russians are - it just seems more logical.  However I have had some lovely communications with girls from all 3 - Belarus, Ukraine, Russia. Moldova - no experience with, unless the girl that claimed she lived there for 5 years as an excuse for why she knew Romanian, was actually Moldovan.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2015, 11:31:15 AM »

From experience, I can say that Kiev is cheaper and more convenient, than even a proviniclal Russian town.  Add in that more people will speak some kind of English, and that the country is not being propaganadized against the West 100% the way Russians are - it just seems more logical.  However I have had some lovely communications with girls from all 3 - Belarus, Ukraine, Russia. Moldova - no experience with, unless the girl that claimed she lived there for 5 years as an excuse for why she knew Romanian, was actually Moldovan.

That is not true. Russians are not propagandised against the West. Though some may not be so friendly now:) The West especially the US propagandise against Russia all the time and have been doing so for may years. When was the last time you saw a Hollywood movie with scenes from Russia where all the people are walking about in the sun having a good time? Its usually freezing to death eating a frozen potato . lol. Russian people are very friendly in general. If you land up in St Petersburg give me a shout. We can go for a beer . I will bring some US friends along. I can assure you after a few hours you will have a different outlook on Russia.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2015, 12:57:07 PM »
I apologize for having hijacked the thread :(

No worries, it's not really my thread.  ;D
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2015, 01:27:28 PM »

Spasibo
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2015, 02:03:08 PM »

I predict the OP won't show up to reclaim it.
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2015, 03:19:30 PM »

I predict the OP won't show up to reclaim it.

Its like a drive by.  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.