The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How to survive the Global Chaos of 2015  (Read 23865 times)

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
How to survive the Global Chaos of 2015
« on: January 07, 2015, 03:13:57 PM »
Been posting a number of my more interesting 2015 Kickoff newsletters in various active threads and decided to create a 2015 topic as a common repository.

This is an interesting newsletter from the Oxford group of newsletters and consultants.

Keep in mind the old Rothschild's admonition that the time to buy is when blood is running in the streets - amid chaos is opportunity...

There is panic in the oil fields.

As the price of American crude dips below the $50 mark, the energy sector is reacting wildly.

The panic is especially strong in North Dakota where the Bakken has driven a monumental shift in the state's economy. With crude continuing to fall and oil companies taking the hit, many are wondering whether the boom is over.

"You're going to see a tremendous number of pink slips over the next quarter and into the following quarter," said Ron Ness, president of the North Dakota Petroleum Council. "And if we're having this discussion in June, it will be that much more severe."

But is all this panic the result of near-sighted hyperbole?

For the details of what's actually happening in North Dakota, Texas and across the oily globe, we are publishing a special edition of Oxford Insight from the Club's Resource Strategist Sean Brodrick. His commentary below originally ran in the Club's free e-letter The Daily Grind, part of Free Market Café, on December 12.

This piece is a vital read for all investors because Sean gives us the unvarnished truth about how bad the situation is... and where the opportunity lies. The oil sector was the biggest story of 2014. It's looking like it may be an even bigger story in 2015.

Good investing,

Andrew Snyder
 Editorial Director, The Oxford Club

Three Pitfalls for Energy in 2015
By Sean Brodrick on December 12, 2014
 The plain fact is that the world is awash in oil... for the moment.

Here in the U.S., fracking is boosting our nation's supply of crude. Heck, storage is nearly bursting at the seams. But it's not just the U.S. - we're also seeing rising supply from places like Libya and Iraq.

So it's no great surprise that the oil price is tumbling, as are the shares of oil and gas companies. But I think we're getting close to a buying opportunity. I'm making my wish list and checking it twice.

Having said that, I think there's still plenty of bad news in the oil sector. Let me share three facts that made my jaw drop.

Fact No. 1: Demand Will Fall Even as Supply Rises

The Energy Information Administration says U.S. oil production will rise to 8.57 million barrels per day (bpd) this year and 9.42 million bpd in 2015. That is up from 7.46 million bpd last year. It's also the most since 1970!

But what about the rest of the world? Well, global oil supply is already 2.7 million bpd higher than it was a year ago. Meanwhile, global oil demand is only 700,000 bpd higher than it was a year ago. Furthermore, world oil demand is expected to fall in the first half of 2015.

Don't panic - this is a seasonal thing. You can see it happened this year, too. The difference this time around is that we already have a 2 million bpd oil surplus on the market, and production in the U.S. and Middle East looks set to rise through next year.

That's a setup for more downward pressure on oil prices.

Fact No. 2: Energy Companies Are Loaded With Debt

In October, Charles Schwab put out a chart that shows the growing participation of oil and gas companies in junk-bond issuance.

In fact, energy companies have TRIPLED their junk-bond issues. Now, energy companies are the second-largest sector in the junk market after telecom companies.

The reason many energy companies took on this debt was they thought oil prices would stay high, and so they would be able to make debt payments. I'd say many of those companies are going to have a "come to Jesus" moment in the first half of next year, if not sooner.

The good news is that not all energy companies are loaded with debt. In fact, some should do quite nicely. But they're all getting pounded lower now.

Of course, that means we're coming to an incredible buying opportunity in select stocks. But before we get there...

Fact No. 3: Hundreds of Millions of Dollars' Worth of Projects Will Get Axed

We've already seen oil companies start to cut back exploration and development budgets... •ConocoPhillips said its capital budget for 2015 would drop 20% to $13.5 billion.
•Precision Drilling Corp. said Monday that it will chop its 2015 capital budget by 44% to $493 million.
•Vermillion Energy plans to chop 22% from its 2015 capital budget. Its new plan will cost $525 million.
Those are just three examples. And there is a lot more where that came from.

Next year, companies will make final investment decisions (FIDs) on a total of 800 oil and gas projects worth $500 billion, according to data from Norwegian consultancy Rystad Energy.

And with oil averaging $82.50, Rystad said that one-third of the spending would likely not be approved. At $70, fully half the projects would be at risk.

But oil is under $60 per barrel now! What do you think that's going to do to capital investments?

Canada's oil sands projects are at particular risk, because new development there is a high cost. Shell has a liquefied natural gas project in British Columbia that could get delayed. And Royal Shell's unconventional projects in West Canada could face a yellow or red light.

Further afield, Chevron is planning projects in the North Sea that are probably going to come under scrutiny. And Norway's Statoil is putting off a decision on a drilling project in the Norwegian Sea for at least six months.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. The longer oil prices stay low... or move even lower... the more projects could be axed.

Some Signs of Optimism

I've laid out a pretty gloomy scenario here. But do you know who's not buying it? Oil company executives. Despite the grim news in the energy sector, we're seeing the biggest wave of insider buying at energy companies since 2012, according to Bloomberg data.

Meanwhile, the number of working drill rigs is actually going up as oil prices go lower. Sure, that's probably because projects were planned ahead of time. But anyone working in the oil patch will tell you that they ignore short-term zigs and zags in prices.

Heck, I was just in San Diego last week talking to oil and gas execs, and they told me just that.

But if prices don't turn around soon, then a short-term trend becomes a longer-term trend. I do hope my friends in the oil and gas business can ride it out. And I'm already making a shopping list of stocks I want to buy when I think we've hit the bottom.

You should be making your own shopping list as well. The world is using more energy all the time, and we may be coming to a once-in-a-decade sale in the best stocks. If history is any guide, energy stocks will bottom well before the prices of oil and natural gas head higher.

Have "Two Cents"? Just send your thoughts, ideas or comments by  clicking here.

NOTE: If you have questions about your subscription to this e-letter, please call Member Services at 866.237.0436 or simply click here.

News@TheOC 

Now Available: The latest issue of The Panorama is now available. The Oxford Club's World Financial Seminars has just released its Winter 2014 issue of The Panorama - the newsletter that fills you in on all things event related. Inside, you'll find details on our exciting upcoming events... special offers... and everything in between. To check it out, simply click here.

$.58 A GALLON GAS?

A little-known company has cracked the energy code...

And it will soon be able to produce gasoline in America...

For $.58 a gallon.

It's a breakthrough that seems like something straight out of science fiction. But it's real...

One Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter called this miracle of science, "one of the most improbable and important American business stories of the past decade."

It's also a once-a-century development that could make first-in investors very rich.

Discover the incredible story here >>
 (Before it becomes front-page news). 

Portfolio Matters 

Top Open Stock Position,
Oxford VIP Trading Services   

Company

Symbol

Entry Date 

Current Gain

Service

EQT Midstream Partners L.P.

EQM

9/30/2013

83.73%

Peak Energy Strategist

© 2015 The Oxford Club, LLC All Rights Reserved
 The Oxford Club | 105 West Monument Street | Baltimore, MD 21201

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
Re: How to survive the Global Chaos of 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 01:16:19 AM »
This is a report from the Sovereign Society that sells some ebook reports - its premise would be considered Alarmist if it were not from Sovereign Society - it even rubs some of my patriotic nerves raw... sure to make the resident RUA Yank Haters smile with glee.  That said it is so incendiary if it comes true then it is best to be prepared:

Note I had to cut out significant portions of the report to stay under the RUA 20K character limit... for a word doc copy of the full report feel free to PM me.

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Arguably the seven most famous words in U.S. history.

But buried in the Declaration of Independence…

For 238 years…

Thomas Jefferson's meticulously crafted masterpiece also shelters 32 of the most controversial words in U.S. history.

I'm Bob Paff, and this is a piece of history you weren't taught in school.

Of course, we learned that Thomas Jefferson penned the Declaration of Independence to show foreign nations why the colonies were separating from Great Britain.

But in 1776, Jefferson did something remarkable.

He carefully added a clause to the Declaration of Independence to reshape the entity that controls everything in America: Government.

He didn't do this to benefit his fellow politicians.

He did this to protect us – the American people – from government itself.

Now, over 200 years later, this two-term President never would've imagined that this clause will be the driving force behind a monumental, citizen-driven crisis…

That we're calling "Jefferson's Prophecy."

A crisis that will unleash a vehement new movement with the power to turn the darlings of the Dow into dogs… break up monopolies… and slice states, stock markets, and even households down the middle…

But not all will be bad.

It will also mint new millionaires by the mile… and give rise to booming new businesses, markets and emerging energy and hi-tech superpowers …

In the same peculiar way a tornado whips through a village - levelling one side of the street – and leaving the other side completely intact…

So too will "Jefferson's Prophecy."

In fact, own the farm or franchise on the right side of the street, and you might see your assets double overnight…

Instead of tax hikes you'll get cuts… instead of poverty you'll get prosperity… instead of a welfare mentality you'll get governments that encourage work.

Some will see these movements as rebellions… others will call them revolutions… and many will say it could never happen here.

But make no mistake, "Jefferson's Prophecy" will come to pass… and it could change the face of the Union forever.

It will redraw the lines of everything we – as Americans – have come to know… from football to our flag… from borders to our beliefs...

NPR reports that this movement… "is showing signs of taking root across the map."

When it ignites…

It will go down as: "The Most Significant Political Event in American History…"

You may've heard whispers about it on the street… or rumors on the radio…

You might've even read developments about it in your own local newspaper… or watched them broadcast on the nightly local news…

The signs are everywhere.

But few have yet to grasp the magnitude of the change that lay ahead…

And even though hundreds of local and regional newsrooms from across the country have begun to report on the movements that will unleash "Jefferson's Prophecy"…

The national media outlets have slighted them… failing to understand their true significance… and failing - once again - to warn the voting public of the political and economic changes starting to occur…

But the shift we see coming will be the greatest of all… it will exert the biggest impact on your wealth….and your life.

It's bigger than the shift we saw coming in the stock and commodity markets in 1999…and even bigger than the shift we saw coming in the credit markets in 2007.

Some people say it will be bigger than the Great Depression and 9/11 combined… the greatest reversal of fortune our nation has ever seen.

In fact, not in half-a-millennia will the world have bore witness to such a transformation…

Few are prepared for the shock ahead…

But we are.

In fact, the man I'm going to introduce you to in a few minutes has been preparing for the arrival of "Jefferson's Prophecy" for three years now.

As he told me…

"It will be a dramatic moment that will change everything you believe to be true and normal - and it will do so almost overnight.

This event won't cost American lives – though it could – but it will trigger a virtually unstoppable chain reaction that will alter the way of life for millions of unprepared Americans."

And I'm confident after you see what he's about to show you, you'll agree that a major crisis – is not only inevitable, but imminent…

The good news is, for those who start preparing now…

This will be the opportunity of a lifetime.

In this presentation, my guest will reveal the research he has done and the dots he has connected.

He'll also show you all the steps you need to follow to take advantage of the opportunities that will arise, and how to protect your family from the financial turmoil that will ensue.

Just moments from now, in this special Sovereign Society exposé…

A best-selling author and former Wall Street Journal investigative reporter is going to join me.

He's going to show you why "Jefferson's Prophecy" is inevitable.

And why nothing will shape the future of the western world more so than this event.

Then, later in this presentation…

You'll discover why three widely held "safe" income investments will be crushed.

If your portfolio contains just one of these investments – and there's a very good chance it does – this insight alone could save you thousands.

On that note, I'm pleased to be joined by Jeff Opdyke.

Jeff is the Executive Editor of The Sovereign Investor.

It's his team's work that has predicted so many of the major global economic events over the last decade… events many others wrote off as laughable, unlikely, or even conspiracy chatter.

They were one of the first financial research groups to warn investors about the dangers in the derivatives market, and the threat they posed to the global financial system.

Many economic experts claimed the 2008 financial crisis was unpredictable – that it was a Black Swan event no one could expect.

Yet, in 2005 they mailed a report to thousands of subscribers and influential decision makers in the U.S. on this very crisis.

His group published this report long before the word "derivatives" ever hit the front pages. And it predicted with uncanny accuracy the global financial meltdown.

They also warned millions of investors about the dollar crisis of 2004 and 2005... the meltdown in the private equity markets in 2007... the collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008… and the European debt crisis.

But a coming event - that was anticipated over 200 years ago by one of the most famous patriots in American history - could be the most important revelation of his career.

Jeff Opdyke, thank you for joining me.

JEFF OPDYKE: Great to be here, Bob.

HOST:

Jeff, you and your research team have made many bold – and accurate – predictions over the years…

But this one could be the most controversial to date.

JEFF OPDYKE:

It is.

I've covered a lot of big financial, political and social events in my career, but this one is - by far - the biggest.

I've spent the last three years researching and studying it.

And although I'm sure many in the media will be swift to reject my research…

I urge folks at home to hear me out and listen to my reasoning.

As far as I know, no one else has connected the dots between Thomas Jefferson and a series of seemingly unrelated grassroots movements gaining momentum across our country…

These movements – without question - have the potential to ignite the greatest financial, geopolitical, and social crisis America – and perhaps even the world – has ever known.

If you don't prepare now, you risk losing the wealth you've worked a lifetime to accumulate.

But if you understand this event…

You will see there's a tremendous upside to what's about to unfold.

After all, when you know what's coming – and position yourself accordingly – the years ahead could be incredibly prosperous.

In fact, I believe more money will made in the 12 months following this event than ever before.

My goal here today is to tell you how that will be done, and how you can participate in it.

HOST:

Jeff, this is a big story and its developing fast.

JEFF OPDYKE:

Absolutely.

But for folks watching today - who understand the tremendous money that can be made by getting insight like this before anyone else…

The years ahead could be a time of tremendous opportunity.

Of course, I know most people will say, "This could never happen here."

That's because nothing like this has ever happened in our lifetime.

To fully understand what's beginning to develop from coast to coast…

We have to look back over 200 years in our nation's past…

To the only time in history an event of this magnitude has ever happened before.

Back to when the British Parliament began passing laws to tax American colonists.

There was the Sugar Act… the Stamp Act... the Tea Act.

HOST:

Problem is, the colonists felt that since they didn't vote for Parliament…

And that they were not represented in Parliament…

That the United Kingdom had no right to impose these taxes.

The American rally cry at this time was: "No taxation without representation."

JEFF OPDYKE:

(Interrupts)

Right.

So what happens next…

Citizens begin to revolt.

You had the Tar Heels in North Carolina…

The colonists who led the Boston Tea Party…

Ultimately, these events led us to the Revolutionary War.

HOST:

And the colonists got what they wanted…

A government run by the people, for the people.

Not by a monarch.

And what emerged was a smaller, more responsive government…

A government where the people had a voice.

Because the colonists removed the British Empire from the equation.

JEFF OPDYKE:

Exactly, and this is why I believe Thomas Jefferson buried a clause in the Declaration of Independence…

Jefferson knew the same thing that toppled the British Empire… could eventually happen here.

The British Empire fell because its government – and military - became too expensive, too wasteful, too tyrannical…

It fell because the empire got too big.

Leopold Kohr, a little-known Austrian economist, spent much of his career writing about the problems associated with "bigness" and he theorized that:

Big corporations… big governments… and big countries…

Don't work.

It's been the downfall of every single empire that ever graced the planet since the dawn of civilization…

The Romans, the Ottoman Turks, the Hapsburgs, the Mongols, various Chinese empires, the British, the Portuguese.

Not one has survived.

And only one of the original 30 companies that made up the Dow Jones Index still exists today.

You're about to see this trend continue its march forward here at home.

HOST:

Are you saying that even at the birth of our country Thomas Jefferson knew that our government would spiral out of control?

JEFF OPDYKE:

Of course, there's no way to know for sure what Jefferson was thinking when he wrote the Declaration of Independence.

But I believe he saw firsthand what British government had become.

And he prophetically feared our newly-created government would one day become overbearing too.

So he included an escape hatch for citizens like himself who were fearful of oppressive governments. He wrote:

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of the ends for which it was established, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government..."

Those 32 words are the escape hatch Jefferson built into the Declaration of Independence …

Just in case his worst fear came true …

That American government grew too big and too destructive for the good of the people – like you and me.

And I believe we've reached that point.

HOST:

I don't think many people watching will disagree that our government has gotten too big.

JEFF OPDYKE:

(Interrupts)

You know, Bob, a recent Gallup poll reveals that 66% of Americans are "dissatisfied with the size and power of federal government."

In other words, nearly two-thirds of our country thinks the federal government is too big, and too overbearing.

And we're already starting to see small pockets of disenchanted Americans pursuing the path toward smaller government…

In places like Caribou, Maine… Gardendale, Alabama… and New Windsor, Maryland…

They're banding together – in an effort to pay less tax, have less government intrusions in their lives, and to gain more personal liberty.

HOST:

Let me get this straight, Jeff.

The people of St. George want what the original colonists wanted: political representation that's more responsive to their needs as a community…

And breaking away, is the only way for them to send the message that the status quo in government is no longer acceptable.

Each might seem insignificant and unrelated but these are the first steps of dismantling America as we know her.

I'm talking about secession.

HOST:

Jeff, what's happening in St. George is small scale.

There have been 40 state secession movements – to split up and form new states - in the last five years.

HOST:

I don't think anyone watching disagrees that California becoming six new states is significant.

But let me ask you an important question.

Is California splitting apart the proverbial tipping point we need to prepare for?

JEFF OPDYKE:

Of course it will disrupt California's municipal and state governments… and there will even be a major impact on the U.S. economy.

But this isn't what worries me about the future of our country.

Ballot measures for a state to split into two or three or six doesn't necessarily worry me.

It's inevitable.

Our real problem as a nation begins when you see a ballot that asks:

Should we leave the United States of America and start our own country?

When this happens…

It will be the greatest - and most shocking - event in U.S. history.

Period.

The one event most Americans will not even be able to imagine, let alone believe, is the one where we end up with fewer stars on our flag.

It will mark the break-up of our federation.

HOST:

What you're talking about is states leaving the union to become their own countries.

JEFF OPDYKE:

Yes, sadly, that's the direction we are headed.And the reality of this happening is far greater than most Americans want to believe.Many Americans have already started to march in this direction, actually.The idea of leaving behind a failing government and its failing policies resonates deeply in America today.Time Magazine and Reuters recently reported that 25% of Americans want to secede from the U.S.

But recent events lead me to believe that states will begin seceding from the union.

In May, the Republican Party of Wisconsin pursued that state's right to secede from the union.

One of the delegates, a guy named Don Hilbig, said:

"There is no more burning question than our sovereign rights as a state… secession is a critical part of that."

While it didn't pass this time, the fact that a vote on secession actually made its way to the Wisconsin GOP convention is huge.

But Wisconsin, like St. George in my hometown, is just one ripple in a larger wave.

There was a petition this spring in Alaska to secede back to Russia that garnered the support of over 30,000 signatures. Seriously – think about that.

Life and government have degraded to such a degree that 30,000 people see a better future in Russia!

In Vermont there's an effort to create a new nation called the Second Vermont Republic…

In Texas, several movements are urging citizens to get the Lone Star state to secede from America and become its own nation.

No doubt, some of these movements are more serious than others… but the sheer volume tells me that a growing number of Americans are increasingly frustrated by Big Government at the federal, state and municipal level.

They are starting to push America away from "Big Government"… towards smaller, more sensible governments.

They want Washington to know that: If you want to tax and spend like crazy… If you want to leech off the productive and give to the lazy and unmotivated… If you feel the need to spy on everyone all the time and dictate what I can put in my body – then we want to get the heck out of here.

As part of The Financial Blueprint for a New America.

In short, strategies you won't find on the pages of The Wall Street Journal or The Economist.

To claim your free package now, simply call toll-free 1-877-899-9210.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 07:48:11 PM »
 Cuffy what are you doing up at 2:20am?   :evilgrin0002:

Thought I'd keep my post short  :)

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 08:07:57 PM »
Cuffy what are you doing up at 2:20am?   :evilgrin0002:

Thought I'd keep my post short  :)

Recovering from a severe head and chest cold - which they still have no inoculation for - got the useless flu shot and this years virulent strain not included...

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 08:38:25 PM »
The American rally cry at this time was: "No taxation without representation."

If it's any consolation to our British friends, taxation with representation pretty much blows, too....and not in the nice way, like with a lady....

:chuckle:

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 10:13:06 PM »
I am struggling to translate "to survice".  :'(

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 06:34:19 PM »
Motley Fool report on future price of Oil...

Bad for producers great for consumers - can you say $1 gallon gasoline in the USA - never thought I would see this again - since everything is shipped by truck and rail in the USA this is fantastic news for small businesses...

Oil: Good, Bad, and Ugly

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/oil-good-bad-and-ugly/1030368

January 16, 2015 – Comments (0)

Board: Macro Economics

Author:  Milligram46

In the 1966 classic The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, the three principal characters come together in what is consider the most iconic standoff in cinematic history. Three parties hostile to each other and the first one to shoot is the most likely loser.

At no time in modern history has the overall global economy been so good and the commodity price of oil crashed so fast, and so hard. As of this writing short contract West Texas Intermediate (WTI) has dropped below $46 a barrel, with no sign of price support. Adjusting for inflation, oil has dropped to $21.25 a barrel in 1986 prices. We are deep into market crash territory. OPEC nations, state producers, and global multinationals are all in a standoff, and no one is going to blink.

Although there are plenty of conspiracy theories on why the price of oil has declined so fast, it is the simple economics of supply and demand. Currently there is production over capacity of one-million barrels a day and world oil production continues to increase. Growth is continuing because the three goliaths of oil production (OPEC nations, state owned and corporate producers) are fighting to cling to their existing market share at any cost.

Russia has increased production through 2014 despite a battered Ruble and the price of oil sitting at less than half of where it needs to be to support the Russian government. Russian producers are hoping to capture more market share, ironically from the same western European nations that Moscow is growing increasingly resentful of, to help bolster overall revenues. The Putin government position to the Russian people is the price decline is an economic assault on their nation. This message resonates well outside of major population centers, but dissatisfaction and fear of a 1998 grade collapse are growing. Vladimir Putin has enjoyed high approval ratings because the standard of living has increased dramatically under his leadership. For Putin to maintain power, he has to keep the Russian economy out of collapse.

Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has stated that Saudi Arabia will not reduce production regardless of the direction of the market, and that oil will never be $100 barrel again. The reason behind this is the wellbeing of the Saudi royal family and the viability of the Saudi government is interdependent on national prosperity.

Compared to their neighbors, Saudi citizens enjoy a higher standard of living, which makes the average Saudi less likely to want to overthrow the existing, western friendly government. During the oil crashes of 1986 and 1998, the OPEC cartel, led by Saudi Arabia, agreed to reduce production capacity to help stabilize oil markets. A number of OPEC nations cheated and didn’t cut production, causing Saudi Arabia to permanently lose market share after each correction. Although you can make a strong case that the Saudi government turns a blind eye to those who fund radical Islam in other parts of the world, they are showing little interest in allowing it to ferment inside their own borders. For the Saudi royal family, heads could literally roll if their influence in the global oil market is lost.

In the Powder River Basin, the Bakken, the Texas oil patch and the tar sands of Canada, leveraged producers and corporate interests are looking for long term return on investment, and increasingly economic survival. A growing list of analysts are saying that Texas should prepare for a recession, and the gravy train of $30 an hour day labor jobs in North Dakota are coming to an end. Smelling blood in the water against the other large producers in the world, the strongest players believe they can keep the pressure up until someone cuts production, and capture the smaller producers as they consolidate. Because major oil corporations are becoming increasing diversified, are vertically integrated, and have record cash reserves, they can carry out a long term war of oil price attrition.

No one wants to give up market share because no one can afford to give up market share. All the players are pumping more oil as we move into 2015 in an attempt to force the other to cut production. The loser risks being irrelevant in this post oil crash market.

To get an idea of how much global production has grown, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) has tables of data you can download for fun and profit. Since 2008 US oil production has almost doubled. From September 2010, when the Great Recession started to wind down, to September 2014, the most current data available, US oil production has increased a stunning 31%, catapulting the United States into the largest oil producing nation in the world.

Top Five Oil Producing Nations
Country Production (thousands of barrels) Four Year Increase/Decrease
United States 14,246 30.80%
Saudi Arabia 11,558 3.98%
Russia 10,564 3.65%
Canada 4,612 27.86%
China 4,470 -0.03%

Source, USEIA – http://www.eia.gov, as of September 2014

Of the top ten oil producing nations in the world, only Iran has had a statistically meaningful decline in production in the last four years.

At the same time of this unprecedented expansion in production and the complex geopolitical situation of radicalization and militarization, oil consumption is slowing down. China is expecting to grow by a relatively tepid 7%, India has cut their growth forecast in half, Germany is expecting growth of just 1%, and Japan is expected to be flat. Although the United States is enjoying strong GDP and job growth, conservation programs and increasingly stringent CAFE standards are having a real impact on consumption.

So what about the price of oil? With no one cutting production, with no appreciable increase in consumption into the foreseeable future, the price can only go down. History indicates the lowest it could go is about $23.50 a barrel, which would equal when adjusted for inflation the 1986 basement. I see oil finding support at $28 a barrel in the summer of 2015, and gasoline future dropping below $1 a gallon USD. The Midwestern states which typically have lower motor could see average price of regular gasoline hit $1.50 a gallon by the start of the summer driving season.

If you’re planning an epic cross country road trip in a Challenger Hellcat, 2015 and most likely 2016 are the years to do it.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 12:35:54 PM »
Today is Tuesday 27th of January 2015 and I am sitting home in the middle of the "Blizzard of 2015".  All of the local state Governors in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Rhode island - all Atlantic seacoast states have declared a snow emergency with travel bans on all local highways and roads for "non-essential" persons.

So its been a good day to improve my gourmet coffee brewing skills and catch up on my investment advisory newsletters...

This was an interesting article on Nomad Capitalist that was in one of their periodic e-blasts.

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2015/01/27/how-to-fix-us-economy-tourism/

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »
Interesting Sovereign Society Newsletter Preso:

Note as in all Sovereign Society and Nomad Capitalist and Motley Fool Presentations include a solicitation for either subscriptions and or reports fyi...

"The Great Game"

$20 Trillion in Play
6 Historic Deals to Control it
1 Chance for You to Capitalize on it
From the Desk of Dr. Kent Moors

http://pro.moneymappress.com/EADZERO39/MEADR105/?a=10&o=80533&s=87601&u=1994875&l=334670&r=MC&g=0&h=true

I want to thank you for taking part in today's presentation.

As you just saw, there is a $20 trillion a year global resource war that is beginning to escalate.

Every nation is now taking a "by any means necessary" approach to acquiring the strategic alliances, cutting-edge technologies, and natural resource deals necessary to shift the balance of power in their favor.

This has created a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to make a few simple moves that could radically change your financial destiny in no time whatsoever.

And that's exactly what I'm going to help you do now.

Discover Six Deals that Will Tap You Directly into
$20 Trillion of New Wealth With...

The Great Game Action Plan

Action Plan
I've created an intelligence briefing that reveals six historic deals I've personally investigated through my work.

It will walk you through each of them in great detail.

And then it will show you how to act on them quickly.

Deal #1: The Defense Contractor with the Graphene Breakthrough that Will Prevent a Nuclear War

The threat of a nuclear war between India and Pakistan has my colleagues in the U.S. Intelligence Community eyeing an unheralded defense contractor that could put an end to the Zero Line Crisis.

By harnessing the advanced material graphene, this company has developed a desalination filter that is 1,000X stronger, 100X faster, and requires 1/100 th of the energy of previous technologies.

This defense firm has already negotiated contracts with both of these countries and set-up offices in the region.

Plus, its technology could soon be used worldwide to deliver clean water to the 780 million people who lack it today.

This could be one of the most important breakthroughs in modern history. And, you can get in on the ground floor.

My quick-hit profit target with this deal is 464%

Deal #2: China's $40 Billion Power Grab in South America

China is strategically securing natural resource deals that will allow them to grow their empire. Most of these negotiations are happening out in the open. But, one is flying completely under the radar.

Currently, a Chinese energy major I've worked with extensively is negotiating a $40 billion deal in Argentina that will grant them access to 1,600 wells and 393 million barrels of oil reserves.

And, I'm recommending you target the company on the receiving end of this massive sum of money. Because, when the final ink is on paper, its share price could surge nearly overnight.

My quick-hit profit target with this deal is 300%.

Deal #3: Saudi Arabia's $109 Billion Mecca Plan

The former "King of Oil" has officially recognized that, thanks to America's energy boom, their reign at the top has come to an end. So, Saudi Arabia is implementing a bold initiative to deal with this massive shift.

Initially slated to place 70 stations across the country while building 10,000 solar panels a day – Saudi Arabia's $109 billion Mecca Plan will allow them to match the entire world's solar power capacity.

But, this is just the beginning, as this is set to be a $1 trillion global industry.

And, one company has been chosen to put this game-changing plan into action.

My quick-hit profit target with this deal is 600%

Deal #4: The $8.2 Trillion Trans-Afghan Pipeline Payday

Behind closed doors, a secret alliance between the U.S. and China has been forged. As an advisor to both of these nations, this deal has me very excited.

A 1,700-mile pipeline is going to begin at a Turkmenistan gas field that could be sitting on more than $8.2 trillion worth of energy.

From there, it will wind through the Kandahar Province of Afghanistan before entering Pakistan and, finally, India.

China is using this pipeline to enhance their influence in the region. We are using it to secretly decimate Iran and Russia's power.

And, you are going to use this deal to get in early on one of the biggest investment opportunities on the planet… before Wall Street catches wind of it.

At the center of it all is a single energy player that could see its revenue multiply 13-fold every year for 30 years thanks to what's progressing rapidly right now.

My quick-hit profit target with this deal is 1,000%

Deal #5: The $400 Billion Smart Grid Innovation that Can Avert a North Sea Energy Meltdown

Due to the UK's North Sea Crisis, the only way to avoid a massive energy catastrophe in England by next year is to rapidly overhaul the nation's power grid.

So far, 22 projects are being rushed into implementation.

And one American company has the "Smart Grid" technology needed to get the job done, while conquering this soon-to-be $400 billion global industry.

My quick-hit profit target with this deal is 485%

Deal #6: America's Checkmate Move – "Free Oil"

Over just the last ten years, $62 trillion worth of oil has been produced. It resulted from countless new discoveries, wells, and labor.

But now, an American refiner 1/20th the size of the major energy players has developed a shortcut that could change everything.

It's a process the EPA calls "regeneration" and the Department of Energy believes can create "renewable gasoline and diesel fuel."

This company has unlocked the secret to transforming 100 barrels of the cheapest crude on the planet into 135 barrels of the most highly coveted oil on the market.

And when the public hears about this technological marvel in the months ahead, the debate over American energy independence will end. Fortunately, you will have a head start by investing in this opportunity today.

My quick-hit profit target with this deal is 650%

Individually, each of these deals could multiply your wealth many times over.

And, you are going to be able to capitalize on all of them thanks to The Great Game Action Plan.

However, it's just as important to protect your wealth from a series of investments that are on the verge of experiencing a total meltdown.

And, most likely, you already have at least one of them in your IRA, 401k, and portfolio right now.

So, that's what I want to discuss next.

Defend Your Wealth from the "Safe" Investments that Could Soon Decimate Your Financial Security With...

The Great Game Survival Guide

Survival Guide
In today's presentation, I shared with you compelling evidence that suggests we are about to see a rash of currency collapses, debt crises, and economic panics.

I estimate that Americans, who do not plan accordingly for this volatility, will lose $1.41 trillion from their portfolios every year for the foreseeable future.

And that's a best-case scenario.

In it you'll discover:

The 10 Blue Chip Stocks Set to Plummet At Least 50%
The Two Major Banks at Risk of Total Collapse
A Safety Checklist for Protecting Your 401k, IRA, and Portfolio
The Great Game Action Plan and Survival Guide will show you the steps you must take immediately with your investments to prepare for what's already being put in motion.

And, with this next intelligence briefing, I'm going to get you in on an imminent geopolitical event that will soon create trillions of dollars of new wealth.

Watch Your Net Worth Multiply Rapidly as the U.S. Emerges Victorious from the New Cold War With...

The Next Great Game Battleground

Battleground
Russia and the U.S. are already jockeying for position in the Arctic. And, the reason why is simple.

The Arctic represents about 6% of the earth's surface – yet 20% of the undiscovered oil and natural gas on this planet.

Conservatively speaking, we're looking at about 412 billion barrels of total energy – $10.5 trillion worth.

I've identified the two energy players who will be the biggest benefactors of this New Cold War.

When you are talking about $10.5 trillion – the possible returns in play are not in the triple-digits, but quadruple-digits (1,000%+).

And, I want you to be right there at the beginning of it all.

Investigate the Most Important Events Facing
Americans Today With...

The Great Game: The Coming Face Off
For Global Supremacy

Great Game
Across each of its 17 chapters, my book will take you deep inside today's most important geopolitical events. And, it will map out how each of them will impact you and your family in the months and years ahead.

PLUS, you will also receive the 69-minute, video debriefing: The Great Game Virtual Strategy Session.

The Great Game Virtual Strategy Session

This reveals a series of tricks and tactics that will give you a powerful advantage in your investing, including:

The #1 strategy for the next six months
The single pattern you must spot before picking any stock
Strategy Session
The four strongest currencies for the future (and how to invest in them)
The three intelligence briefings, plus my book, and the virtual strategy session make up what I'm calling The Great Game Blueprint.

This will give you the guidance you need to immediately capitalize on the $20 trillion of new wealth that is up for grabs.

Now, as I mentioned in today's presentation, I want to rush The Great Game Blueprint out to you for free.

It's yours when you accept a no-risk invitation to a venture I'm going to discuss next.

Receive "Boots on the Ground" Intel That Can Aggressively
Grow Your Net Worth With...

Energy Advantage

Energy Advantage places you at the table with me as I work with government insiders, international agencies, the U.S. Intelligence Community, and major corporations to negotiate massive deals.

Let me show you what I mean.

I joined the Money Morning team in 2011. And, I immediately set out to get members in on the ground floor of highly coveted opportunities such as:

645% for Blue Dolphin Energy
455% on Golar
422% on Ram Energy Resources
430% on Valero

357% with Ener1
325% from Frontline
247% with Gastar Exploration
231% on Headwater
Since its launch, Energy Advantage has rewarded members with 90 winners (or currently open positions) that have offered double- and triple-digit gains.

Each month you will receive:

issue fan
An Energy Advantage Intelligence Dossier
Two Investment Recommendations
Real-Time Profit Trade Alerts
Weekly Market and Portfolio Analysis
Exclusive Investment Research Briefings
Audio/Video Strategy Sessions
Unlimited Access to the Members' Website and Concierge Service

Breaking News Special Briefing

Russia's State Secret Exposed: The One Company that Can Prevent a Global Resource Shortage

State Secret
Russia is openly defying the United States, Europe, and international law in an attempt to display their growing strength.

However, much of this is being done to distract the world from what's really going on.

Russia has been using "state secret" privileges to conceal a dangerous shortage in a resource that is 15 times rarer than platinum, 30 times rarer than gold, and essential to their economy.

When this situation comes to light, it could bring them to their knees. Which is about to happen.

That's bad news for Russia and great news for Energy Advantage members. When you join today, I'm going to rush you a time-sensitive briefing I've prepared.

It reveals a small North American miner that recently uncovered a 114-square mile location that is loaded with the resource that has been critical to Russia's economic muscle for decades.

And, once this company starts extracting it out of the ground, its share price could skyrocket 1,000% in value or more.

Total Value

The Next Three Months are Critical...

I'd like for you to take the next three months to review everything you are about to receive.

If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, simply contact me and I will return every penny of your membership.

And you can even keep The Great Game Blueprint as my way of saying thank you.

So let's not waste another moment.

To get started simply fill out the quick form below.

Claim The Great Game Blueprint Below

EXECUTIVE PACKAGE  Upgraded Value: $690
Available Until: January 31
You Only Pay: $79
For a limited time you can upgrade your membership to receive even more wealth protection resources and greater savings.

The Executive Package includes everything in the Base Package PLUS...

An enhanced one-year print and digital membership to The Energy Advantage (a $249 value)
Exclusive Report #1: The Biotech Tipping Point: The 4 Small Companies With World-Changing Medical Breakthroughs (a $49 value)
Exclusive Report #2: Become a Patent Millionaire: The Secret For Transforming 1 Investment Into 100 Patent Stakes (a $49 value)
Exclusive Report #3: Unstoppable Income: Cash 72 BIG Paychecks From 6 TINY MLPS (a $49 value)
A 90-day, 100% refund guarantee

BASE PACKAGE  Total Value: $493
You Only Pay: $39.50
You will be rushed copies of Dr. Kent Moors' book The Great Game and The Great Game Virtual Strategy Session digital chapter, PLUS The Great Game Action Plan, Survival Guide, The Next Great Game Battleground, and Russia's State Secret Exposed investment intelligence briefings.

These are all included with your one-year (12 issues) digital membership to
The Energy Advantage. And everything is backed up by our 90-day, 100% refund guarantee.

When you purchase a one-year subscription to Energy Advantage, you'll receive all the benefits listed above including a 90-day, 100% money-back guarantee. On your one-year anniversary you will conveniently be billed $79 for each additional year you choose to stay a member. There is absolutely no obligation. You can cancel at any time by simply sending us an email, or calling our Customer Service Call Center. (No debit cards please.)

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 03:32:08 PM »
This from Jeff Opdyke and Sovereign Society:

"Blueprint for a New America"

Start Protecting Your Wealth
And Your Family Today
Congratulations!

There are dramatic changes coming to our nation’s landscape. Borders will shift… states will break-up… and we the people will once again have what our Founding Fathers wanted us to have…

A small, responsive government that is of the people – by the people – for the people.

But few have yet to grasp the magnitude of the change that lay ahead… and even fewer have begun to start preparing.

The good news is, as a new subscriber to Jeff Opdyke’s Sovereign Investor you will know how to prepare for the unusual economic, political, and social change that lie ahead of us.

In fact, every month Jeff will send you an intelligence briefing that reveals trends - and the investments to ride these trends… so you can come out of the cataclysmic era ahead much wealthier than before.

After all, when you know what’s coming – and you position yourself accordingly – the years ahead can be incredibly prosperous.

This will be the opportunity of the lifetime, and Jeff will be your guide as it all unfolds.

As a subscriber, you’ll receive:

•   Benefit #1: 12 Issues of Jeff Opdyke’s The Sovereign Investor

•   Benefit #2: Sovereign Investor Trade Alerts

•   Benefit #3: Sovereign Investor Weekly Market Intelligence Updates

•   Benefit #4: 24/7 Access to The Sovereign Investor Members-Only Website

•   Benefit #5: Sovereign Investor Concierge Service

Of course, by taking advantage of this opportunity today, you are agreeing only to TRY Jeff's research to see if it’s right for you.

When You Subscribe Today You Will Receive:
The Financial Blueprint for a New America
Asset Protection and Global Investing Package
(A $197 Value, Yours Free!)

Jeff has created a very robust asset protection and global investing package so you can make safe and profitable financial decisions as our country goes through radical changes it has ever seen.

No matter how much – or little – money you have…

No matter what level of investing experience you have…

You will benefit from Jeff’s research in the days, weeks, and months ahead.

Here’s everything The Financial Blueprint for a New America asset protection and global investing package includes:

Intelligence Briefing #1:
Jefferson’s Prophecy: How to Get Your Wealth
Out of the Greenback in Four Simple Steps

When the coming monetary breakdown begins, the government will do everything it can to get its hands on your wealth. Jeff goes into great detail in this briefing to show you how to protect your IRA and gold holdings from confiscation. Plus, he’ll show you a little-known instrument that allows you to legally defer paying taxes… and an overlooked Caribbean island that offers a way to escape taxes on income, dividend interest, and capital gains.

Intelligence Briefing #2:
The One Asset the Feds Can’t Confiscate

One of the best ways to hedge against Washington’s coming cash-grab is foreign real estate. Jeff details three American-friendly safe-havens he’s uncovered. Including one that has a zero tax rate on foreign income, and has bank accounts that pay sharply higher interest rates than you can find anywhere in the U.S. banking system.

Intelligence Briefing #3:
Conservative Investors are Under Attack…
3 Income “Death Traps” to Sell Now!

Few equities will escape the coming carnage, and three widely held investments Americans have come to rely on for income will be among those hit the hardest. In this briefing, you’ll get the names of these investments, and you’ll discover four specific income-churners to boost your yields and put more money in your pocket.

Intelligence Briefing #4:
How to Buy and Sell Stocks Around
the Globe Without Leaving Home

For the past few years, Jeff Opdyke has been showing a small group of investors how to invest directly overseas, in foreign markets like Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. Most people don’t realize they already have access to these markets through their current brokers. Jeff will show you where to look and how to make these simple trades.

Special 3-Part Video Series:
The Path to Secession: How to Protect and
Grow Your Wealth in a New America

This three-part video series walks you through the simple steps you can take today to protect yourself as this crisis unfolds. In these videos Jeff also tells you exactly what to do to grow your wealth, even as economic, political, and social chaos erupts.

So consider these videos your step-by-step guide to turn the major crisis ahead into a time of great opportunity.

Jeff will explain – in plain English – how to shield your wealth from Washington as states start leaving the union and it becomes even more desperate for cash.

It’s really much easier to do than you’d imagine.

Today, you can secure your one-year subscription to Jeff Opdyke’s The Sovereign Investor, your four intelligence briefings, and 3-part video series absolutely risk-free.

Take the next three months to review Jeff’s research, and if you feel like this isn’t preparing you for a better financial future, you will receive a 100% refund, no questions asked.

And you can keep The Financial Blueprint for a New America asset protection and global investing package as our way of saying thank you for giving our work a try.

I hope you agree this is fair. And I hope you take advantage of these opportunities right away. You will put yourself and your family among a very small group of Americans who actually come out ahead as things start to unfold.

So, let’s get right to it…

Claim The Financial Blueprint for a New America Package Below

(No debit cards) When you pay for a one-year Regular subscription to The Sovereign Investor with your credit card, you will be billed $49 for 1 year*. Each year after this initial subscription we will automatically bill your card for $79*. If you select a Executive subscription, you will be billed $79 for the first year, and $79 each year after. With this auto-renew feature, you lock in the lowest available price, and guarantee that you never miss an issue of The Sovereign Investor. This “auto-renew” feature does not obligate you in any way, you may opt-out of auto-renew at any time after this purchase. Cancel at any time during the one full year and you will receive a full refund of your entire payment up to that date.

(Limited Time Offer. Expires in 7 Days)

Your upgraded subscription includes:

12 print and digital issues of The Sovereign Investor (1-year subscription).

Executive Bonus #1: A digital copy of The Financial Blueprint for a New America asset protection and global investing package:
How to Get Your Wealth Out of the Greenback (Report)
The One Asset the Feds Can’t Confiscate (Report)
Conservative Investors are Under Attack (Report)
How to Buy and Sell Stocks Around the Globe (Report)
The Path to Secession (3-Part Video Series)

Executive Bonus #2: The Drums of War: How to Profit When Oil Soars. In this report Jeff shows you why a war between Iran and Israel could erupt at any moment, and how come oil will skyrocket as a result. Plus, he reveals a little-known company poised to rally 75% when oil takes off.

Executive Bonus #3: Energy Unchained: The Single Best Investment Opportunity of 2015. There’s one source of energy that is set for a huge bull market. The last time we saw a similar set-up - this commodity surged 275% - and its producer’s rallied 10-fold. But this time the gains could be even greater. Jeff reveals three tiny stocks to ride this trend to remarkable gains.

Executive Bonus #4: 90-Day Money Back Guarantee!

12 print and digital issues of The Sovereign Investor (1-year subscription).

A digital copy of the package: The Financial Blueprint for a New America.

90-Day Money Back Guarantee!

12 digital only issues of The Sovereign Investor (1-year subscription).

A digital copy of the package: The Financial Blueprint for a New America.

90-Day Money Back Guarantee!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 02:18:59 PM »
FYI Interesting list of 10 Best and 10 Worst States to grow old in...  Ironically Massachusetts 10th best and New Hampshire 2nd Best...  Hawaii at 3rd Best ...  Whereas Mississippi the worst...

Useful for determining where you may be able to live in the New Obamanation happily ever after.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2015/01/26/the-best-states-to-grow-old-in/

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2015/01/26/the-worst-states-to-grow-old-in/

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 02:20:34 PM »
Interesting and provocative video...  what is the End Game of the US Empire?

The Death of Money: Project Prophecy 2.0

http://jimrickardspredictions.com/?gclid=CK_Gqp3WwcMCFQckgQod5S4ATg

or:

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 11:09:40 PM »
This weeks Sovereign Investor Newsletter:

The Spread of Europe’s Political Plague
By Ted Baumann, Offshore and Asset Protection Editor
The Sovereign Investor

One of the best decisions I ever made was to do a postgraduate degree in Economic History. The context helped; the faculty at my alma mater approached the subject more as political economy than dry memorization of rates of capital formation.

Which brings me to Greece. When you look at the country’s situation from a financial market perspective — which is to say a short-term view — it’s no doubt true that markets have priced in a Greek debt default, so the recent election of an anti-austerity Syriza government isn’t as much to worry about as it would have been a few years ago. It’s also understandable to blame the Greeks themselves for getting themselves into this pickle with reckless borrowing and spending.

But from my “political economy” perspective of history, events in Greece are ominous indeed, and pointing fingers at the Greeks themselves isn’t going to change anything. Syriza is a wake-up call for Europe — and a call to action on your part.

The Center Cannot Hold

As the weakest peripheral economy in the euro zone, with a socio-political system no more robust than many “third world” countries, Greece is the place you’d expect a financial plague to start. As with any contagion, the health of the rest of the “herd” is critical to the spread of this plague.

Most privately-held Greek debt has been taken over by the European Central Bank (ECB) or International Monetary Fund, so financial infection isn’t an immediate problem. But the contagion I’m worried about isn’t financial — it’s political.

Across Europe, traditional modes of leadership and established institutions and understandings are unraveling. Hungary has basically turned fascist under Prime Minister Viktor Orbán. Marine Le Pen of the far-right, anti-European Union National Front leads the French presidential polls. Half of Italian voters appear to support anti-EU parties. European Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM) countries across Eastern and Central Europe are reeling from the effects of the unpegging of the Swiss franc from the euro, since the tens of millions of mortgages in those places written in Swiss francs are suddenly 20% more expensive to repay.

A U-shaped cordon of EU and ERM countries surrounding the robust economies of Germany, Austria, and the Low Countries is in economic and, increasingly, political turmoil. Although the German economy itself is in good shape despite sanctions against Russia, countries such as Greece and Spain are reaching rates of unemployment worse than the U.S. in the Great Depression.

Voting for an “anti-EU” party is another way for European voters in countries like these to say they want to be able to do things that EU or ERM membership prevents, such as imposing immigration controls or deficit spending without running a trade surplus or external borrowing.

But I’m betting that they don’t really want to leave the EU or the ERM. There’s too much upside to a common European currency and market for capital, labor and goods. But that won’t stop populist European parties of the left and right from demanding solutions that have the potential to destroy those things, even if unintentionally.

Limited Options Spell Trouble

It’s crystal clear that Germany isn’t going to send money to Greece or other countries to help them avoid “austerity.” The Germans want such countries to repay the ECB in full, as agreed. But it’s also increasingly clear that voters in such countries aren’t prepared to live with severe austerity much longer.

That leaves only one possibility if Europe wants to stay together with a common currency and open borders but not a common fiscal policy. Someone’s going to have to come up with the money to fund a write-off of peripheral country debt.

That money is sitting in private bank accounts held by EU citizens all over the world. As in Cyprus in 2013, a mandatory euro zone “bail-in” would be as simple as typing “transfer 10%” on a banker’s keyboard. Of course, Europeans hold money outside the EU as well. That’s why the rapid development of a de facto international tax withholding system, which makes inter-jurisdictional wealth confiscation possible, is so ominous.

Ominous, too, is President Obama’s overnight proposal for a mandatory tax on overseas profits of U.S. firms, since it’s a stepping-stone to similar “one-off” taxes on individuals and domestic businesses.

Under circumstances like these, Europeans — no, scratch that, everyone — needs to take steps to transform some of their wealth into forms that are hard to confiscate, such as physical precious metal holdings in private vaults, rare collectibles or foreign real estate. There are good options available that allow even those of modest wealth to achieve this quickly and easily.

But the time to start is now. After all, the writing’s on the wall.

Kind regards,

Ted Baumann
Offshore and Asset Protection Editor
P.S. Have you begun making steps to secure some of your wealth from the frightening fiscal and political policies upheaving our world? Don’t let yourself be a target of these troublesome mandates.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 12:26:07 PM »
Who is building the "Space Shuttle 3.0"  Propulsion engines by Rockwell?

http://news.yahoo.com/outgoing-obama-adviser-john-podesta-s-biggest-regret-of-2014--keeping-america-in-the-dark-about-ufos-234149498.html

“It’s time to find out what the truth really is that’s out there,”  he said. “We ought to do it, really, because it’s right. We ought to do it, quite frankly, because the American people can handle the truth. And we ought to do it because it’s the law.”

http://www.darkgovernment.com/news/tr-3b/  (Area 51 reverse engineered?)

Sandia and Livermore laboratories developed the reverse engineered MFD technology. The government will go to any lengths to protect this technology. The plasma, mercury based, is pressurized at 250,000 atmospheres at a temperature of 150 degrees Kelvin and accelerated to 50,000 rpm to create a super-conductive plasma with the resulting gravity disruption. The MFD generates a magnetic vortex field, which disrupts or neutralizes the effects of gravity on mass within proximity, by 89 percent. Do not misunderstand. This is not antigravity. Anti-gravity provides a repulsive force that can be used for propulsion. The MFD creates a disruption of the Earth’s gravitational field upon the mass within the circular accelerator. The mass of the circular accelerator and all mass within the accelerator, such as the crew capsule, avionics, MFD systems, fuels, crew environmental systems, and the nuclear reactor, are reduced by 89%. This causes the effect of making the vehicle extremely light and able to outperform and outmaneuver any craft yet constructed–except, of course, those UFOs we did not build.

The TR-3B is a high altitude, stealth, reconnaissance platform with an indefinite loiter time. Once you get it up there at speed, it doesnt take much propulsion to maintain altitude. At Groom Lake their have been whispered rumours of a new element that acts as a catalyst to the plasma. With the vehicle mass reduced by 89%, the craft can travel at Mach 9, vertically or horizontally. My sources say the performance is limited only the stresses that the human pilots can endure. Which is a lot, really, considering along with the 89% reduction in mass, the G forces are also reduced by 89%. The TR-3Bs propulsion is provided by 3 multimode thrusters mounted at each bottom corner of the triangular platform. The TR-3 is a sub-Mach 9 vehicle until it reaches altitudes above l20,000 feet–then God knows how fast it can go! The 3 multimode rocket engines mounted under each corner of the craft use hydrogen or methane and oxygen as a propellent. In a liquid oxygen/hydrogen rocket system, 85% of the propellent mass is oxygen. The nuclear thermal rocket engine uses a hydrogen propellent, augmented with oxygen for additional thrust. The reactor heats the liquid hydrogen and injects liquid oxygen in the supersonic nozzle, so that the hydrogen burns concurrently in the liquid oxygen afterburner. The multimode propulsion system can; operate in the atmosphere, with thrust provided by the nuclear reactor, in the upper atmosphere, with hydrogen propulsion, and in orbit, with the combined hydrogen\ oxygen propulsion.

What you have to remember is, that the 3 rocket engines only have to propel 11 percent of the mass of the Top Secret TR-3B. The engines are reportedly built by Rockwell. Many sightings of triangular UFOs are not alien vehicles but the top secret TR-3B. The NSA, NRO, CIA, and USAF have been playing a shell game with aircraft nomenclature – creating the TR-3, modified to the TR-3A, the TR-3B, and the Teir 2, 3, and 4, with suffixes like Plus or Minus added on to confuse further the fact that each of these designators is a different aircraft and not the same aerospace vehicle. A TR-3B is as different from a TR-3A as a banana is from a grape. Some of these vehicles are manned and others are unmanned. - See more at: http://www.darkgovernment.com/news/tr-3b/#sthash.ASqXldvU.dpuf

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 10:40:45 PM »
One of the more interesting virtual currency articles I have read lately:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/84bd9f02-9b54-11e4-950f-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3Rsh2MTQ3

also;

http://www.csail.mit.edu/node/2246
WATCH OUT, BITCOIN - CSAIL RESEARCHERS HELP DEVELOP VIRTUAL CURRENCY THAT'S ACTUALLY ANONYMOUS

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 05:09:13 PM »
Oz father son team seek to counter Honey Bee colony collapse disorder with revolutionary new Bee hive technology that has become indiegogo's crowd funding platform's single most successful campaign ever:

https://www.yahoo.com/makers/a-sweet-idea-reaps-millions-in-crowdfunding-112910077205.html

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flow-hive-honey-on-tap-directly-from-your-beehive

Hope is this new technology will add a large and globally diversified new sources of honey bees to increase colony resilience and increased crop pollinating populations.

http://www.honeyflow.com/media/docs/How_it_Works_v3.pdf

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 11:29:29 PM »
Interesting new links from Nomad Capitalist about diversifying your funds offshore in safer banks with much higher interest rates not manipulated by the FED or ECB:

http://nomadcapitalist.com/offshore-banking/
How to Open an Offshore Bank Account
The financial world in the bankrupt west is going mad. One study suggested banks in the United States were only the fortieth safest in the world. Many European countries fared worse. It seems every time I turn around, some new stress test is uncovering a bunch of insolvent western banks.
Having an offshore bank account is an effective way to reduce your sovereign risk.
Imagine your local bank were to go under: who would protect your money? If you answered “deposit insurance”, think again. Not only do many western banks keep mere pennies on hand to pay depositors, but sovereign insurance funds don’t even have 1% of bank deposits on hand.
That’s why having a bank account overseas can offer you higher returns, greater diversification, and financial peace of mind.

And the new:

THE BEST OFFSHORE BANKS GUIDE

Whether you have an offshore bank account or not, it's
important to know WHY you need one.

Actually, I recommend AT LEAST 2 offshore accounts.
Why? Because you never know when one bank will kick
you out due to FATCA or some other silly reason...

...and you don't want your money sent BACK to your home
country where it can be seized, stolen, and pilfered by
bureaucrats.

So here are 2 reasons to get an offshore account:

1. Reduce your risk. Offshore banking is like insurance for your
cash. We've all seen the headlines of innocent people having
their live savings STOLEN with the stroke of a key. Banking
offshore protects you.

2. Higher interest rates. Sick of 0.05%? How about 5%? Or even
15%? (Much) higher rates are possible offshore... even in US
dollars or euros.

Which one applies more to you? Are you looking for SAFETY?

Or for PROFIT?

Either way, my new guide, "The Best Offshore Banks", can help
you find the right bank for you.

My team and I spent over 2 months combing through ratings
agency charts and graphs, reading whitepapers, and calling
bankers around the world.

The result is a list of 56 banks so thorough ANYONE can find
an account for them. I don't care if you're a US citizen with a
company on a faraway island and only $500 to your name.

Get your copy of the guide

"The Best Offshore Banks" cuts through the clutter and delivers
banks in places like Singapore, Hong Kong, Andorra, Malta,
even Dubai...

...as well as exactly what you need to get started. It's like picking
my brain before you take action.

We've got a special deal going on the guide (it won't last long), so
check the guide out now while it lasts.

https://by206.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/49e18e7d-2dfc-40f3-8978-c040e1409492

Yours in freedom and prosperity,
Andrew

Nomad Capitalist Limited
Suite C 2/F
39-43 Hollywood Rd
Central Hong Kong
Hong Kong
(236) 237-0001

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 08:40:54 AM »
If you are an American citizen, or even have residence in the USA, and the bank, any bank anywhere in the world knows it, you are pretty much screwed.

On Friday I had lunch with a Bulgarian guy, fascinating life story, a real entrepreneur who is now living in SF and making lots of $$$$.

He went back to the old country, pulled out money from a local bank where he had some funds and was going to transfer it to SocGen's bank, where it would pay up to 9% interest.

Unfortunately, he made the mistake of not using his local address but instead his USA address. And he got told about FATCA and how the bank no longer wanted his money.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 11:04:04 PM »
The guy who runs Nomad Capitalist filters for the Anti USA FATCA crowd as there are a lot of folks terrified at what two more years of anti american Obamazimbabwenomics might bring...

Federal, State and Local Taxes for an LLC in New Hampshire now nearing 70%+

Fed Obama income Tax 40%
State Biz Profits Tax 9%
Social Security Tax Self Employed $15%
Medicare Tax 5%
Unemployment Insurance 5%
Workmen's Compensation (Accidents) 5%
Property Tax 5%
Telecomm Cell and Internet Taxes 2%
Gasoline Taxes 2%
Various other Fees and Surcharges 2%

Can add up to 90%

Add on Obamascare Taxes 10%

Total ObamaNation tax burden 100%

No wonder more companies than ever are abandoning the USA and Offshoring around the Globe...

Lots of ways to open an offshore company to do legal international business and hold the company in various offshore trust type entities...  just like Apple, Microsoft and myriad others.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 01:54:42 AM »
"The Best Offshore Banks" cuts through the clutter and delivers
banks in places like Singapore, Hong Kong, Andorra, Malta,
even Dubai...

Curious they mention Malta, as it is under the auspices of the EU, as are its banks.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »
Manny please correct my fat fingered misspelling of survive (survice) in the title of this thread if possible.

I am inclined to purchase his report he is running a $100 discount if I buy now for only $97...  seems all IMers follow Dan Kennedy's create a false sense of scarcity infusion soft auto-responder techniques...

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 08:36:52 PM »
http://nomadcapitalist.com/2014/04/16/four-offshore-banking-countries-bother/

Cyprus

I don’t know which is worse: the fact that some offshore websites are still promoting their ability to open a Cyprus bank account for clients, or the fact that some people are still going for it.

While some would suggest that lightning rarely strikes twice, I wouldn’t be so fast to jump into bed with Cyprus with any amount of my money. I have concerns about their deposit insurance, their membership in the EU, the stability of their banking sector, and with their government.

Nor do I recommend you spend the reduced sum of 2.5 million euros for Cypriot citizenship, which will be offered to investor groups at a discount this June.

Ukraine

You might think that Ukraine is totally out of place on a list of offshore banking countries. And you’d be right… in the sense that it is worlds apart from the safe haven status of countries like Switzerland.

However, Ukraine currently offers some of the highest deposit yields on earth, with some banks paying up to 18% on one-year CDs. In a world starved for yield, adventurous depositors might seek refuge in a place like Ukraine.

Now, I’m a big fan of claiming higher interest rates in offshore jurisdictions. There’s no reason not to earn as much interest as you can, provided the jurisdiction you’re banking in is stable. Sadly, Ukraine is far from stable.

Many banks in Ukraine are controlled by the local mob as a means of money laundering. Even some Ukranian bank websites look remarkably similar to those 100%-a-day HYIP scams you see floating around online. That’s not surprising, because getting your money out of a Ukrainian bank can be near impossible.

To begin with, few banks in Ukraine will send proceeds from your account out of Ukraine. You have to go there to get your money. I can’t imagine many of you want to go to Ukraine a first time, let alone a second time.

Of course, a Ukranian banker is claimed to have toppled a large bank in Lithuania after using it to launder money. So your money might not be there at all. There was a time I might have been cautiously agnostic about opening an account with one of the international banks in Ukraine. Today, I wouldn’t advise doing even that.

Some places are easier to open an offshore account than others.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 10:56:40 PM »
http://nomadcapitalist.com/2015/03/20/investing-in-oman-frontier-market/

And...

This week's email alert from the Sovereign Investor newsletter...

The Beginning of the End for the Dollar
By Jeff D. Opdyke, Editor of Profit Seeker

Welcome to the beginning of the end of dollar strength.

I say that because of what the Federal Reserve told the world this week. As expected, the Fed removed the word “patience” from the official policy language it has been using for years to describe its approach to timing America’s first interest-rate increase in nearly a decade. But unexpectedly the Fed’s internal projections have changed. And in that change the world now sees exactly what I have been saying for months: the Fed is in an impossible position … that interest rates cannot rise very much … and because of that, the dollar’s strength has been a misguided illusion.

Now, that illusion is set to fade.

And the real message — the only message — you should take away from the Fed’s commentary is that to profit from the changes headed our way means trading in some of your U.S. stocks and replacing them with big blue-chip stocks in Europe and Asia.

It’s almost as if the Fed had a spy in the audience in my presentation in Uruguay last week.

As the world was gearing up for the Fed’s commentary this week — and the expectation of greater clarity on what most everyone expected was the coming rate increase — I was telling those gathered in South America that I believe the Fed will ultimately initiate the rate-hike cycle with an increase that could be as small as 0.1% rather than the expected 0.25%, that the slope of the cycle will be far more gradual than anyone expects, and that the end game (the ultimate interest-rate destination) will be much lower than the received wisdom currently anticipates.

And lo and behold, the Fed comes out this week to all but rubber-stamp the scenario I laid out.

Janet Yellen, the Grand Poohbah of Interest Rate Policy, told the world after the Fed’s two-day meeting that “Just because we removed the word ‘patient’ from the statement doesn’t mean we are going to be impatient.” That led the world’s economists, strategists, currency-traders and others to rethink their stance on the dollar. On the news, our greenback immediately fell against the euro because everyone finally realized the Fed isn’t in a rush to do anything.

But it’s the Fed’s changing internal expectations that tell the real story.

In particular, Fed bankers’ expectations of how high rates will go by year’s end for 2015, 2016 and 2017 fell compared to where they were in December. Fed bankers also reduced their forecast for economic growth and inflation in America, a flashing marquee that our economy is not the shining ball of strength that media hype has played up in recent months.

And all of that says our U.S. dollar is on the verge of fundamental reversal.

Holding the Status Quo

The dollar’s run of good luck has been driven exclusively by expectations that the Fed was soon to begin raising rates, probably by quarter-point increments, as it sought to normalize U.S. interest-rate policy. The implication was that normalization meant rates would move to somewhere north of 3%.

In that world, U.S rates would be moving higher as the rest of the world’s central banks are cutting rates or, at the very least, keeping them unchanged. That would mean U.S. interest rates would be widening against the rest of the world, which would naturally drive increasing numbers of investors into the dollar as they chased the higher yields.

But there’s a significant downside in that scenario. An even-stronger dollar would kneecap U.S. exporters, impaling our economy.

Equally bad, it would impale economies all over the world since so many companies and countries have taken on loads of dollar-denominated debt because of America’s uber-low interest rates. If U.S. rates rise, those dollar debts are doubly expensive to repay — the rates themselves would imply higher interest payments on adjustable-rate obligations, and the stronger dollar would mean companies and countries would have to come up with increasing sums of local currency to buy the dollars necessary to pay the debts. Some currencies would risk a crisis, and that, too, would hit the U.S. economy.

All of this is implicit in the Fed’s commentary this week. Fed governors realize they are in a no-win situation. And in that world, the best course of action is the status quo. They need the world economy to ramp up, as it’s doing now, so that other central banks can begin raising rates, too. That way when the Fed does begin to raise rates, the differential between U.S. rates and rates available in other world currencies remains unchanged, thereby keeping the dollar from strengthening.

And, thus, we come back to my original sentiment: Welcome to the beginning of the end of dollar strength.

Get Out Now

Now that the Fed has exposed its hand, investors will begin moving out of the dollar and into currencies that are fundamentally stronger than the greenback (and our greenback is structurally unsound).

I’m not saying it’s a straight shot down from here. The dollar could see a last-gasp move higher, particularly against the euro, which is close to reaching parity with the dollar. That’s the way all big trends die: the late-comers to the party don’t want to think they were stupid enough to arrive so late, so they drive the trend a little longer, and the rush of misguided euphoria makes them believe they were right. It’s a blow-off top, though, and it ends in calamity for all those who stick around – or jump in – thinking that this is the newest leg of the uptrend.

It’s not.

It’s the dying gasp of those too stubborn to accept that the end is nigh.

And for the dollar, the end is nigh. The Fed has effectively promised that with its latest verbiage.

Get out while the getting is good. Go into European and Asian stocks. They will rise in value as the dollar begins its inevitable course reversal.

Next time, I’ll tell you how far the dollar has to drop once that reversal gets going.

Until next time, stay Sovereign…

Jeff D. Opdyke
Editor, Profit Seeker

P.S. The Fed is faced with a delicate balancing act. One wrong move and it could crush the U.S. economy. But that’s not even the biggest problem facing America right now. To watch this controversial video showing how America’s strength is nothing but a lie,

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 12:03:37 AM »
http://nomadcapitalist.com/2015/04/03/next-aging-western-country-go-bankrupt/  (Guess USA?)

Excerpt:

Today, while the Celtic Tiger died in the wake of a continent-wide recession, Ireland has taken the right attitude to attract capital to its shores.

Ireland might actually stand a chance. If you position yourself in places where people actually have a clue as to how wealth is created and sustained, you’ll be alright. Tax havens and low-tax jurisdictions like Ireland, Estonia, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Panama will rise from the ashes.

However, most of the rest of the west is finished. And almost no one will see it coming.

Registration