The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How to survive the Global Chaos of 2015  (Read 8777 times)

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: How to survive the Global Chaos of 2015
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 10:40:45 PM »
One of the more interesting virtual currency articles I have read lately:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/84bd9f02-9b54-11e4-950f-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3Rsh2MTQ3

also;

http://www.csail.mit.edu/node/2246
WATCH OUT, BITCOIN - CSAIL RESEARCHERS HELP DEVELOP VIRTUAL CURRENCY THAT'S ACTUALLY ANONYMOUS

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 05:09:13 PM »
Oz father son team seek to counter Honey Bee colony collapse disorder with revolutionary new Bee hive technology that has become indiegogo's crowd funding platform's single most successful campaign ever:

https://www.yahoo.com/makers/a-sweet-idea-reaps-millions-in-crowdfunding-112910077205.html

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flow-hive-honey-on-tap-directly-from-your-beehive

Hope is this new technology will add a large and globally diversified new sources of honey bees to increase colony resilience and increased crop pollinating populations.

http://www.honeyflow.com/media/docs/How_it_Works_v3.pdf

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 11:29:29 PM »
Interesting new links from Nomad Capitalist about diversifying your funds offshore in safer banks with much higher interest rates not manipulated by the FED or ECB:

http://nomadcapitalist.com/offshore-banking/
How to Open an Offshore Bank Account
The financial world in the bankrupt west is going mad. One study suggested banks in the United States were only the fortieth safest in the world. Many European countries fared worse. It seems every time I turn around, some new stress test is uncovering a bunch of insolvent western banks.
Having an offshore bank account is an effective way to reduce your sovereign risk.
Imagine your local bank were to go under: who would protect your money? If you answered “deposit insurance”, think again. Not only do many western banks keep mere pennies on hand to pay depositors, but sovereign insurance funds don’t even have 1% of bank deposits on hand.
That’s why having a bank account overseas can offer you higher returns, greater diversification, and financial peace of mind.

And the new:

THE BEST OFFSHORE BANKS GUIDE

Whether you have an offshore bank account or not, it's
important to know WHY you need one.

Actually, I recommend AT LEAST 2 offshore accounts.
Why? Because you never know when one bank will kick
you out due to FATCA or some other silly reason...

...and you don't want your money sent BACK to your home
country where it can be seized, stolen, and pilfered by
bureaucrats.

So here are 2 reasons to get an offshore account:

1. Reduce your risk. Offshore banking is like insurance for your
cash. We've all seen the headlines of innocent people having
their live savings STOLEN with the stroke of a key. Banking
offshore protects you.

2. Higher interest rates. Sick of 0.05%? How about 5%? Or even
15%? (Much) higher rates are possible offshore... even in US
dollars or euros.

Which one applies more to you? Are you looking for SAFETY?

Or for PROFIT?

Either way, my new guide, "The Best Offshore Banks", can help
you find the right bank for you.

My team and I spent over 2 months combing through ratings
agency charts and graphs, reading whitepapers, and calling
bankers around the world.

The result is a list of 56 banks so thorough ANYONE can find
an account for them. I don't care if you're a US citizen with a
company on a faraway island and only $500 to your name.

Get your copy of the guide

"The Best Offshore Banks" cuts through the clutter and delivers
banks in places like Singapore, Hong Kong, Andorra, Malta,
even Dubai...

...as well as exactly what you need to get started. It's like picking
my brain before you take action.

We've got a special deal going on the guide (it won't last long), so
check the guide out now while it lasts.

https://by206.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/49e18e7d-2dfc-40f3-8978-c040e1409492

Yours in freedom and prosperity,
Andrew

Nomad Capitalist Limited
Suite C 2/F
39-43 Hollywood Rd
Central Hong Kong
Hong Kong
(236) 237-0001

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 08:40:54 AM »
If you are an American citizen, or even have residence in the USA, and the bank, any bank anywhere in the world knows it, you are pretty much screwed.

On Friday I had lunch with a Bulgarian guy, fascinating life story, a real entrepreneur who is now living in SF and making lots of $$$$.

He went back to the old country, pulled out money from a local bank where he had some funds and was going to transfer it to SocGen's bank, where it would pay up to 9% interest.

Unfortunately, he made the mistake of not using his local address but instead his USA address. And he got told about FATCA and how the bank no longer wanted his money.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 11:04:04 PM »
The guy who runs Nomad Capitalist filters for the Anti USA FATCA crowd as there are a lot of folks terrified at what two more years of anti american Obamazimbabwenomics might bring...

Federal, State and Local Taxes for an LLC in New Hampshire now nearing 70%+

Fed Obama income Tax 40%
State Biz Profits Tax 9%
Social Security Tax Self Employed $15%
Medicare Tax 5%
Unemployment Insurance 5%
Workmen's Compensation (Accidents) 5%
Property Tax 5%
Telecomm Cell and Internet Taxes 2%
Gasoline Taxes 2%
Various other Fees and Surcharges 2%

Can add up to 90%

Add on Obamascare Taxes 10%

Total ObamaNation tax burden 100%

No wonder more companies than ever are abandoning the USA and Offshoring around the Globe...

Lots of ways to open an offshore company to do legal international business and hold the company in various offshore trust type entities...  just like Apple, Microsoft and myriad others.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 01:54:42 AM »
"The Best Offshore Banks" cuts through the clutter and delivers
banks in places like Singapore, Hong Kong, Andorra, Malta,
even Dubai...

Curious they mention Malta, as it is under the auspices of the EU, as are its banks.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »
Manny please correct my fat fingered misspelling of survive (survice) in the title of this thread if possible.

I am inclined to purchase his report he is running a $100 discount if I buy now for only $97...  seems all IMers follow Dan Kennedy's create a false sense of scarcity infusion soft auto-responder techniques...

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 08:36:52 PM »
http://nomadcapitalist.com/2014/04/16/four-offshore-banking-countries-bother/

Cyprus

I don’t know which is worse: the fact that some offshore websites are still promoting their ability to open a Cyprus bank account for clients, or the fact that some people are still going for it.

While some would suggest that lightning rarely strikes twice, I wouldn’t be so fast to jump into bed with Cyprus with any amount of my money. I have concerns about their deposit insurance, their membership in the EU, the stability of their banking sector, and with their government.

Nor do I recommend you spend the reduced sum of 2.5 million euros for Cypriot citizenship, which will be offered to investor groups at a discount this June.

Ukraine

You might think that Ukraine is totally out of place on a list of offshore banking countries. And you’d be right… in the sense that it is worlds apart from the safe haven status of countries like Switzerland.

However, Ukraine currently offers some of the highest deposit yields on earth, with some banks paying up to 18% on one-year CDs. In a world starved for yield, adventurous depositors might seek refuge in a place like Ukraine.

Now, I’m a big fan of claiming higher interest rates in offshore jurisdictions. There’s no reason not to earn as much interest as you can, provided the jurisdiction you’re banking in is stable. Sadly, Ukraine is far from stable.

Many banks in Ukraine are controlled by the local mob as a means of money laundering. Even some Ukranian bank websites look remarkably similar to those 100%-a-day HYIP scams you see floating around online. That’s not surprising, because getting your money out of a Ukrainian bank can be near impossible.

To begin with, few banks in Ukraine will send proceeds from your account out of Ukraine. You have to go there to get your money. I can’t imagine many of you want to go to Ukraine a first time, let alone a second time.

Of course, a Ukranian banker is claimed to have toppled a large bank in Lithuania after using it to launder money. So your money might not be there at all. There was a time I might have been cautiously agnostic about opening an account with one of the international banks in Ukraine. Today, I wouldn’t advise doing even that.

Some places are easier to open an offshore account than others.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 10:56:40 PM »
http://nomadcapitalist.com/2015/03/20/investing-in-oman-frontier-market/

And...

This week's email alert from the Sovereign Investor newsletter...

The Beginning of the End for the Dollar
By Jeff D. Opdyke, Editor of Profit Seeker

Welcome to the beginning of the end of dollar strength.

I say that because of what the Federal Reserve told the world this week. As expected, the Fed removed the word “patience” from the official policy language it has been using for years to describe its approach to timing America’s first interest-rate increase in nearly a decade. But unexpectedly the Fed’s internal projections have changed. And in that change the world now sees exactly what I have been saying for months: the Fed is in an impossible position … that interest rates cannot rise very much … and because of that, the dollar’s strength has been a misguided illusion.

Now, that illusion is set to fade.

And the real message — the only message — you should take away from the Fed’s commentary is that to profit from the changes headed our way means trading in some of your U.S. stocks and replacing them with big blue-chip stocks in Europe and Asia.

It’s almost as if the Fed had a spy in the audience in my presentation in Uruguay last week.

As the world was gearing up for the Fed’s commentary this week — and the expectation of greater clarity on what most everyone expected was the coming rate increase — I was telling those gathered in South America that I believe the Fed will ultimately initiate the rate-hike cycle with an increase that could be as small as 0.1% rather than the expected 0.25%, that the slope of the cycle will be far more gradual than anyone expects, and that the end game (the ultimate interest-rate destination) will be much lower than the received wisdom currently anticipates.

And lo and behold, the Fed comes out this week to all but rubber-stamp the scenario I laid out.

Janet Yellen, the Grand Poohbah of Interest Rate Policy, told the world after the Fed’s two-day meeting that “Just because we removed the word ‘patient’ from the statement doesn’t mean we are going to be impatient.” That led the world’s economists, strategists, currency-traders and others to rethink their stance on the dollar. On the news, our greenback immediately fell against the euro because everyone finally realized the Fed isn’t in a rush to do anything.

But it’s the Fed’s changing internal expectations that tell the real story.

In particular, Fed bankers’ expectations of how high rates will go by year’s end for 2015, 2016 and 2017 fell compared to where they were in December. Fed bankers also reduced their forecast for economic growth and inflation in America, a flashing marquee that our economy is not the shining ball of strength that media hype has played up in recent months.

And all of that says our U.S. dollar is on the verge of fundamental reversal.

Holding the Status Quo

The dollar’s run of good luck has been driven exclusively by expectations that the Fed was soon to begin raising rates, probably by quarter-point increments, as it sought to normalize U.S. interest-rate policy. The implication was that normalization meant rates would move to somewhere north of 3%.

In that world, U.S rates would be moving higher as the rest of the world’s central banks are cutting rates or, at the very least, keeping them unchanged. That would mean U.S. interest rates would be widening against the rest of the world, which would naturally drive increasing numbers of investors into the dollar as they chased the higher yields.

But there’s a significant downside in that scenario. An even-stronger dollar would kneecap U.S. exporters, impaling our economy.

Equally bad, it would impale economies all over the world since so many companies and countries have taken on loads of dollar-denominated debt because of America’s uber-low interest rates. If U.S. rates rise, those dollar debts are doubly expensive to repay — the rates themselves would imply higher interest payments on adjustable-rate obligations, and the stronger dollar would mean companies and countries would have to come up with increasing sums of local currency to buy the dollars necessary to pay the debts. Some currencies would risk a crisis, and that, too, would hit the U.S. economy.

All of this is implicit in the Fed’s commentary this week. Fed governors realize they are in a no-win situation. And in that world, the best course of action is the status quo. They need the world economy to ramp up, as it’s doing now, so that other central banks can begin raising rates, too. That way when the Fed does begin to raise rates, the differential between U.S. rates and rates available in other world currencies remains unchanged, thereby keeping the dollar from strengthening.

And, thus, we come back to my original sentiment: Welcome to the beginning of the end of dollar strength.

Get Out Now

Now that the Fed has exposed its hand, investors will begin moving out of the dollar and into currencies that are fundamentally stronger than the greenback (and our greenback is structurally unsound).

I’m not saying it’s a straight shot down from here. The dollar could see a last-gasp move higher, particularly against the euro, which is close to reaching parity with the dollar. That’s the way all big trends die: the late-comers to the party don’t want to think they were stupid enough to arrive so late, so they drive the trend a little longer, and the rush of misguided euphoria makes them believe they were right. It’s a blow-off top, though, and it ends in calamity for all those who stick around – or jump in – thinking that this is the newest leg of the uptrend.

It’s not.

It’s the dying gasp of those too stubborn to accept that the end is nigh.

And for the dollar, the end is nigh. The Fed has effectively promised that with its latest verbiage.

Get out while the getting is good. Go into European and Asian stocks. They will rise in value as the dollar begins its inevitable course reversal.

Next time, I’ll tell you how far the dollar has to drop once that reversal gets going.

Until next time, stay Sovereign…

Jeff D. Opdyke
Editor, Profit Seeker

P.S. The Fed is faced with a delicate balancing act. One wrong move and it could crush the U.S. economy. But that’s not even the biggest problem facing America right now. To watch this controversial video showing how America’s strength is nothing but a lie,

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 12:03:37 AM »
http://nomadcapitalist.com/2015/04/03/next-aging-western-country-go-bankrupt/  (Guess USA?)

Excerpt:

Today, while the Celtic Tiger died in the wake of a continent-wide recession, Ireland has taken the right attitude to attract capital to its shores.

Ireland might actually stand a chance. If you position yourself in places where people actually have a clue as to how wealth is created and sustained, you’ll be alright. Tax havens and low-tax jurisdictions like Ireland, Estonia, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Panama will rise from the ashes.

However, most of the rest of the west is finished. And almost no one will see it coming.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 12:05:20 AM »
http://nomadcapitalist.com/2015/03/27/the-best-offshore-banks-2015/  (For Americans too)

PM me if interested in the PDF.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 11:51:25 PM »
Lucid new video regarding the New FDIC insured Future Economies of the World "BRICMITs" Currencies Basket CD created with Jeff Opdyke of the Sovereign Society and Everbank in Jacksonville FLa.

Concept is US Dollar is currently high due to a number of unusual factors, Russia Ukraine Crisis, Japan forced Yen devaluation to keep Toyota et al competitive as global manufacturers, and the EURO issues with PIIGS etc and lastly the Brazil Real volatility.

https://sovereignsociety.s3.amazonaws.com/HTML/everbank_future_economies.html

Now is basically the time to buy this CD because the USA Dollar is at a peak in relative value which will not remain that way as the above currencies begin to rebound and FDIC insured for what it is worth.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »
Is the Yuan a Threat to the Dollar?
By Jeff D. Opdyke, Editor of Profit Seeker

Yesterday, I closed a Hong Kong trade in Profit Seeker, my global-investing service, and banked a 67% return in just six months.

The gain came in shares of HKEx, the parent company of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. I’d recommended the stock back in October, in anticipation of an arrangement few investors or Wall Street pros were paying attention to.

How did I see what others didn’t? Well, the answer to that explains how you need to be investing today based on what else I see in the offing.

For months prior to it happening, I knew Hong Kong and China were moving toward a cross-border link with their stock markets. The link would allow Hong Kong traders to buy China’s Shanghai-listed A-shares, a share class that has been available only to Chinese residents, while allowing Chinese institutional investors and certain retail clients to trade directly in Hong Kong shares.

Once in place, the arrangement was clearly going to benefit the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, since it would mean greater trading volumes, which would translate into greater profits for the exchange and its parent company. It also clearly meant that HKEx would begin building various products aimed at investors on both sides of the border.

And that is exactly what has happened. The Hong Kong Stock Exchange saw record volume earlier this month. And already Hong Kong and Chinese authorities are talking about relaxing the rules to allow even greater numbers of Chinese retail investors to participate in the link, because it has proven so successful.

But there’s a bigger, underlying theme: The arrangement is a form of cross-border capital flow, meaning that China, once largely closed off to the world financially, has effectively opened its financial market to the world. Anyone with an account in Hong Kong can trade the Shanghai A-shares directly.

And that brings me to what’s in the offing.

The Fall of King Dollar

Against America’s wishes, the International Monetary Fund announced this month that, before the end of the year, the Chinese currency, the yuan, will likely be added to the basket of reserve currencies that comprise the IMF’s Special Drawing Rights, known as SDRs. IMF officials at the very top said the yuan should be part of the SDRs because of China’s heft in the global economy and its position as the world’s largest trading nation.

Putting China in the basket of reserve currencies would instantly legitimize the yuan as a global currency on equal footing with our greenback, and it would mean that the world’s countries would need to pare their other reserve-currency holdings to make room for the yuan.

The dollar would be one of the currencies sold, reducing the greenback’s prestige a bit, elevating China’s and serving as a clear sign the dollar’s long-standing status as reserve-currency to the world is in its waning days.

To be clear, this isn’t specifically a China story. The IMF’s thinking simply — but unquestionably — foreshadows a future that is growing closer by the moment. It is a future in which King Dollar has been dethroned.

It won’t be dethroned by China alone. It will be dethroned by the global trading community that is growing exceedingly weary of a dollar-centric world and the advantages that accrue to America while imposing costs and other unsavory ramifications on other nations.

Diversify Now

When the death knell sounds, the costs in our lives as Americans will ratchet higher. Demand for the dollar will sharply reduce, weakening the dollar while at the same time raising interest rates (since our federal government will have to pay higher rates on Treasury paper to entice global buyers). Too many Americans will not see this coming. They will be dumbfounded by the financial impacts that befall their lives.

The best preparation for what is so clearly on the horizon is diversifying your assets away from dollar dependence. You don’t have to wholesale dump your dollars. But you most assuredly want some of your money in non-dollar assets such as foreign stocks and certificates of deposit denominated in various global currencies.

America and our dollar had a helluva run. But the status quo is never static.

Until next time, stay Sovereign…

Jeff D. Opdyke
Editor, Profit Seeker

P.S. The decline of the dollar is just the start of America’s problems, as we struggle with mounting debt, privacy invasion and an all-too-aggressive police force. It’s time to start creating your Plan B to protect your assets and your freedom. The Passport Book by Bob Bauman offers critical insight into numerous countries. Discover what you need to know to acquire a second residence or a second passport. Click here to learn more.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 10:46:43 AM »

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 10:14:41 AM »
Ron Paul at his best outlining the exact steps to take before the USAs looming currency crisis as outlined in multiple previous posts above...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=27&v=zHNfPK0fQw4