The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: And we are done!  (Read 4887 times)

Offline mcs

• Trips: 1-5
And we are done!
« on: December 07, 2014, 05:35:59 AM »
Anyway, after 3 1/2 years Aly and I have called it quits. Relationships come and go and it will take time to heal and get back out there. We have left things open for a comeback but I am doubtful of that. I am going to move on.
Thanks to all that have helped in the past. Good luck to all that are still in the game!

Smitty

Offline WOVO

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
Re: And we are done!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 05:40:51 AM »
Anyway, after 3 1/2 years Aly and I have called it quits. Relationships come and go and it will take time to heal and get back out there. We have left things open for a comeback but I am doubtful of that. I am going to move on.
Thanks to all that have helped in the past. Good luck to all that are still in the game!

Smitty

Sorry to hear about it, but best of luck in your future.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 05:44:22 AM »
Ahh that sux, Smitty. It's almost always heart-breaking. Best of luck in finding true happiness.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 05:47:40 AM »
Hi Smitty. I am rather new here, but i wanted to wish to both of you the best of luck, whatever you decide for the future.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline mcs

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 06:12:45 AM »
Thanks guys! It hurts a bit but I think it is something that had to be done. Things were beginning to change just before she came to visit in the summer, and I knew that it was not going to last around September. I have no ill feelings towards her, and she has none towards me. Sometimes when you love someone, it is better to set them free.

Online mhr7

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 06:28:53 AM »
Sorry to hear that, you put a lot of effort into this relationship. Best of luck in the future!

Offline mcs

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 06:30:21 AM »
We both did mhr. We both did.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 07:44:01 AM »
Sorry to hear it, yet you both seemed to have understood and made the right choices.
I wish you both the best in your future.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 08:04:26 AM »

Smitty

Congratulations for making the wise choice.  It would amaze you how many men would rationalize and make the exact opposite choice playing out a totally losing hand.  Rationalization that "things will get better once she arrives" and " I can't go back now after this huge commitment of time, money and emotions" cause many men to make horrible choices with relationshuips that are basically doomed from the start. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline mcs

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 08:11:44 AM »
Agreed Shakey. 3 1/2 years is a long time. I left the ball in her court but it is going to be on my terms. Hence the reason
 it is time to move on. I made the mistake with my first marriage and have learned from my mistakes.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 12:24:35 PM »
Agreed Shakey. 3 1/2 years is a long time. I left the ball in her court but it is going to be on my terms. Hence the reason
 it is time to move on. I made the mistake with my first marriage and have learned from my mistakes.

Sorry to hear this. Hope it all works out as best as it can under the circumstances.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »
Smitty sorry to see it happen. Lot's of time and money goes into these long distance relationships. You mentioned in a thread you started last August, that you were planning on getting married in the autumn. I guess you did and now its over.
 So she has her PR card, is she planning on remaining in Canada, or will she take her daughter and head on home to UA? Does she have the financial means to somewhat support herself? If not you can be on the hook for 3 years, and her daughter will go on many more after that.

Offline mcs

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 02:19:20 PM »
Hey Don.
No she just came over on a TRV in August so no PR card. We did not get married yet but we were engaged. We both decided to wait for a wedding as neither one of us were ready to get married. My dad is pretty upset because she was the first woman that he actually liked when I brought her over to meet him. Go figure Eh!

Registration