The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How the Western Media Portrays Putin & Russia - And What Actually Happened.  (Read 49195 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Been watching  Megyn Kelly's  interviewing  President Putin.
She asked some very  interesting questions,  it's worth watching  :popcorn:
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Wiz

How USA and the CIA are fighting Russian interests
in Greece

Today following a link in a Greek paper regarding certain episodes that took place in Greece last week, I came across a very interesting article which shows, all the dirty tricks and how the USA and the CIA are fighting Russian interests in Greece via football and other business interests of one rich Russian - Greek businessman, Ivan Savvidis.

I am sure most of you will remember the US Ambassador in Kiev Geoffrey Pyat who together with Victoria Newman
(F.u.c.k the EU!) organised the coup that brought down the legitimate Government of Victor Yancovitch and you know what happened there.

Now Geoffrey Pyat , who has been working for the CIA, is doing the same in Greece.

The article is in Russian but easily translated by coogle and will give you another facet of how this charitable organisation is working for the American interests everywhere on the world.

What is really behind the scandal with Ivan Savvidi
in Greek football?

The football community is agitated by the history around the owner of the Greek club PAOK, Russian businessman Ivan Savvidi. However, the background of the scandal is not entirely a sporting component. The interests of Russia and the United States collided.

These two gentlemen are Billionaire oligarchs.

https://sport.tsargrad.tv/articles/chto-na-samom-dele-privelo-k-skandalu-s-delom-ivana-savvidi-v-grecheskom-futbole-rassledovanie-cargrada_117330

To get an taste on how dirty is the fighting.........take a look at the banner in Russian (Anybody can please translate correctly) with the threat for the life of Ivan Savvidis and his family!

>:( 
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
And now the Facts for our clueless Wiz

1/ as proven in a subsequent election...Yanu' was not required as ' leader' ...even his own political party disowns him for running away from justice

2/
Ivan Savvidi is a Pontian (Black Sea) Greek....a Greek passport holder .....and was the cause for a game being cancelled ....as he ran on the pitch to protest a referee decision, wearing a gun...hence the posters....

Wiz.. if you want to understand...just ask

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
How the Western Media Portrays Putin & Russia - And What Actually Happened.
« Reply #478 on: September 03, 2018, 04:43:25 PM »
Thousands protest in Russia against plans to hike pension age
Vladimir Putin has called the reform a financial necessity as Communist party leader
brands move ‘cannibalistic’

read the entire story here

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/02/thousands-protest-in-russia-against-plans-to-hike-retirement-age

read similar stories here

Thousands Protest Pension Reform in Russia
https://www.voanews.com/a/russians-rally-against-change-in-pension-age/4554416.html

Russians protest against pension reform despite Putin concessions
https://www.france24.com/en/20180902-russia-protest-pension-reform-communist-putin-concessions-economy-moscow

Thousands In Moscow Take Part In Second Day Of Retirement-Age Protest
https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-retirement-pensions-protest-moscow-july-29/29396891.html
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline 2tallbill

How the Western Media Portrays Putin & Russia - And What Actually Happened.
« Reply #479 on: September 03, 2018, 04:50:57 PM »
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline 2tallbill

Offline Wiz

Re: How the Western Media Portrays Putin & Russia - And What Actually Happened.
« Reply #481 on: September 04, 2018, 03:24:50 PM »
All USA Big Guns blasting Russia, Kremlin and Putin!

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #482 on: September 04, 2018, 05:20:05 PM »

Which is why I choose to read and turn the tv off. I especially do not like George Soros, who owns most of these media stations.

Tired of hearing anti-Russia this and that from the mouthpiece media.  :Zzzzsleep: The pot is calling the kettle black when it comes to most US media.

I am trying to learn and retain at least Russian 5 words and phrases if or when I have free time. Keeps the mind focused and sharp.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #483 on: September 04, 2018, 08:50:19 PM »

Most of that never write anything about Russia. The 9000 radio station most just have music. No news at all. News papers most are broke with few readers. Lucky to have one page of local news. Most have no reporters.  Many of these news paper do not have any news as they are only ads. Just more propaganda by Russia.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #484 on: September 04, 2018, 11:34:41 PM »
Wiz, who owns or controls the main RUSSIAN TV channels ?

THE STATE ....   Not six corporations...

Let's get this in some sort of perspective - the corporations compete ..

Offline Wiz

« Reply #485 on: September 05, 2018, 01:16:21 AM »
Texan

Time after time have shown your ignorance and you are proof of our assertion that the USA population is brainwashed and programed to believe whatever the Government and media tell them.

Having visited Florida several times, Los angeles for almost a month.....I have come to the conclusion that the Majority of American people have not a clue of what is going on around them.

On the 17 December 1989, I was in Florida, Tampa, Clearwater in a lovely hotel my company was using for British tourists.That Hotel was used mostly by British tourists, year round, and to make our clients more welcome they had installed Sat TV for BBC and ITV, so our clients not to miss watching their "Favourite programs."

That Day, late in the evening, I remember, I was watching ITV News and suddenly they interrupted their program to announce the invasion of Panama by the USA. Soon we started watching live pictures of the invasion......out of curiosity I checked all US channels and found no mention about the "Just Cause" operation in Panama.

As I am an early bird, next morning went down for a coffee and cigarette and met the Manager of the Hotel. He had not a clue about the invasion....open the TV and there was nothing in any channel. The british channels were streamed only to the rooms.

Three days Later, on the 20 December the President G.H Bush went live on TV and made his announcement, check on the youtube to find the relevant videos.

After that experience I never believe anything coming out of the US Media.

Just to educate you a little, here what is going on right now with Trump and his advisers.

The USA is aware that the Syrian Army is preparing for the final attack to Idlib to get rid  of ISIS last stronghold.

Well the Russians already increased support to their fleet base in Latakia and the Chinese are sniffing around these waters.

Russia is officially invited in Syria but the Mafia Boss last time spend 100.000 Million Dollars to show off by bombing empty spaces and 71% of these missiles.....were intercepted by the S-300 of Syria.

So the fact remains what is the intention of Trump and the US?

Is he prepared to have direct confrontation with the Russians?

Don't forget the Brits and USA are using the Bases in Cyprus to attack.....Syria

Trump has a problem, he has to listen to his boss NetaYahoo orders.... to try and destroy Iran. All his travelling and efforts....brought no success for him, and even Kim Yun made a statement the other day, that the USA never keep their promises and probably soon will start again playing with his toys.

Now tell me what is all that concentrated attack against Russia that Billy reported?

Preparation for war?

tiphat

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #486 on: September 05, 2018, 05:38:04 AM »

Time after time have shown your ignorance and you are proof of our assertion that the USA population is brainwashed and programed to believe whatever the Government and media tell them.

As opposed to Russians watching a diet of "look how we helped" a non elected dictator who had tried  to wipe out UNARMED demonstrators and bomb the crap out of THE biggest city in Syria - ( Aleppo) because they didn't EVER support al Assad - resulting in a civil war -  with Russia, USA, Turkey, etc., more concerned with THEIR self-interests, than the locals

Mine is an over-simplification - but FAR more accurate than your risible description of a place you've not got a scobby do about ...and your constant over-looking the FACT that Russian TV news is controlled by the state and it's cronies .... not 'six', [competing] corporations - as you claim

Having visited Florida several times, Los angeles for almost a month.....I have come to the conclusion that the Majority of American people have not a clue of what is going on around them.

When ? The last century, I'll wager ...

On the 17 December 1989, I was in Florida, Tampa, Clearwater in a lovely hotel my company was using for British tourists.That Hotel was used mostly by British tourists, year round, and to make our clients more welcome they had installed Sat TV for BBC and ITV, so our clients not to miss watching their "Favourite programs."

You are making this up .... Kindly explain how BBC and ITV were 'viewable' in the US?

I did a tour of 15 US cities that year - and NO WAY was such a thing possible

1/ there wasn't the bandwidth to pipe it under the ocean
 and

2/ the Satellite footprint of the then new Analogue SKY - could not have received Florida  - it didn't merge with BSB - which certainly couldn't reach either ...

You MAY have watched PBS ... BBC and ITV did NOT supply constant live news fee

Offline Wiz

« Reply #487 on: September 05, 2018, 04:29:30 PM »
Moby

I can't be bothered answering to your LIES as

Obviously you forgot your glasses and can't read and I don't remember you been there at the same time. On the other hand everybody can check the facts. When the invasion actually took place and when the president made the announcement. I have nothing to gain or loose!

I have no need to lie, unlike you and everybody knows that. Of course I understand your need for attention, clearly you get not enough and you have become bored.

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #488 on: September 05, 2018, 05:31:27 PM »
It is not really that there are six corporations that dominate the media. As Texan notes it is depending on vantage point either a dying industry or an industry going through radical transformation.

What the bigger problem is journalism hardly exists any more. The problem is two sided, D. Trump attacking the veracity of B. Woodward a respected journalist as an example. Add the many rather fringe web sites that espouse willy nilly one narrative with no regard to the truth and honesty. Some on RUA on a regular basis quote from this sort of source not understanding the underlying reality. It is some respects a sign of the dumbing down on the planet.

Reporting and journalism (two different things) are now largely the terrain of people with a particular vantage point ignoring other possibilities.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #489 on: September 05, 2018, 07:19:50 PM »

You are making this up .... Kindly explain how BBC and ITV were 'viewable' in the US?

I did a tour of 15 US cities that year - and NO WAY was such a thing possible

1/ there wasn't the bandwidth to pipe it under the ocean
 and

2/ the Satellite footprint of the then new Analogue SKY - could not have received Florida  - it didn't merge with BSB - which certainly couldn't reach either ...

You MAY have watched PBS ... BBC and ITV did NOT supply constant live news fee

Wiz, Is correct in 1982 we had an early version of cable TV in Connecticut and BBC was available. My wife at the time was half English and she enjoyed watching it. I think in time we had two 'English' channels, world service and latter something more 'light hearted'. Some of the world service was live and the rest recorded and played back.

PBS stands for Public Broadcasting Service and is American based. I think it would have bored Wiz to death. But they did present some BBC programs as well. 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #490 on: September 05, 2018, 11:55:01 PM »
AvHdB

You are mistaken

Back then the ONLY way to show live TV from another part of the world was to hop it via Satellite ...  Leasing a 'bird'(s) to relay such live TV would have been EXTRAORDINARILY expensive.

When things like the Olympics and World Cup Football were on THEY were covered by SATELLITE.

Series from the UK would have been shown via VIDEO tape

Example: The Gulf War of 91 .... CNN were the only news outlet with the comms capability to beam reports live in the initial stages ...  LIVE BROADCASTING cost big money, then and you had to have an uplink and down link

Offline Wiz

« Reply #491 on: September 06, 2018, 02:17:34 AM »
Thanks AV

I first visited Florida in June 1987, together with a colleague who knew the place very well, as he had worked for a company called JETSAVE, that was selling holidays to USA.

I remember arriving in Miami, with Continental Airlines and took us 1 hour to get through immigration. Not a good impression.  We visited Ford L, Miami hotels on the strip, then alligators valley to Tampa and finally Orlando.   

In every hotel we visited my colleague asked if they had TV and if BBC and ITV were available, because he knew the Brits would not go without English TV were they could watch their Favorite SOAP - "Coronation street". one of the best selling points, at the time.

But then what do I know? There is only ONE expert on this board - NOBY.

Thanks for the clarification!

NOBY is  like :dh: ....... at his age most probably! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #492 on: September 06, 2018, 03:40:22 AM »
Now those are a blast from the past, Coronation Street and Continental Airlines!   :ROFL:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #493 on: September 06, 2018, 08:47:10 PM »

Back then I was a VERY frequent visitor to the US - for work and occasionally leisure reasons ..

CLUE: I worked in media comms - I KNOW what I'm talking about and BBC / ITV were NOT being shown live ... taped - maybe

ANY ONE with a clue about the costs of keeping a live feed SAT link up in those times is laughing at you..

PBS was and is the place to get a lot of UK content and it it HILARIOUS to be told by folks "I don't know what I'm talking about" , when delivering UK content to ex-pats and UK TV enthusiasts has been an income stream for me since before the birth of my first child ... over 26 years ago

The comments I'm reading are as daft as telling me I can sail directly into the wind

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #494 on: September 09, 2018, 12:26:36 PM »
. . . CLUE . . .

No you are CLUELESS. You were told elsewhere that there was live feed of BBC in North America. You try to duck and dodge but reality evades you. I saw a live feed of Diana's wedding in Greenwich, CT on the BBC.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #495 on: September 09, 2018, 10:57:29 PM »

No you are CLUELESS. You were told elsewhere that there was live feed of BBC in North America. You try to duck and dodge but reality evades you. I saw a live feed of Diana's wedding in Greenwich, CT on the BBC.

AvHdB - you aren't paying attention ...

The Wedding of Charles and Di was beamed to other nations via Sat feeds - like the Olympics and World Cups - it was VERY expensive ..

Such feeds were NOT used to beam 'live' TV soaps from the UK ... PERIOD ... at that time..

Taped - yes...

I'd be foolish to bang heads about art with you - it is HILARIOUS to note you'd even try to tell me about live  TV  up-linking .. 

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #496 on: September 12, 2018, 06:09:36 PM »

AvHdB - you aren't paying attention ...

The Wedding of Charles and Di was beamed to other nations via Sat feeds - like the Olympics and World Cups - it was VERY expensive ..

Such feeds were NOT used to beam 'live' TV soaps from the UK ... PERIOD ... at that time..

Taped - yes...

I'd be foolish to bang heads about art with you - it is HILARIOUS to note you'd even try to tell me about live  TV  up-linking ..

In fact CLUELESS is a compliment!

No where did I or anyone else claim that we could watch Coronation Street live in the United States. Yes there was a live feed on the BBC cable station. Yes we watched with a bunch of English people the wedding, live in Greenwich, CT. The live feed at the time was limited to mostly news. Stop evading the reality, that you are wrong!

Give it a rest, please.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #497 on: September 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM »
[

No where did I or anyone else claim that we could watch Coronation Street live in the United States. Yes there was a live feed on the BBC cable station.

NO..there WASN'T

I've given the reasons why ..  COST - HOW would such broadcasts be PAID for - given that cost ?

An example of how daft you sound : Alberto Giacometti was British ( Swiss really) and is famous for his Fat statues   (thin statues) ...

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #498 on: September 13, 2018, 07:19:03 AM »

CLUE: I worked in media comms - I KNOW what I'm talking about and BBC / ITV were NOT being shown live ... taped - maybe

Just to frame the discussion the above is what Moby stated.

Elsewhere he tried to find support and he was told NO you are wrong ~ BBC was live in the US on Cable in the 80's.

It is amusing to read his dodge about Coronation Street. Moby can claim a million things but proof is mostly lacking.

CLUELESS & BELLIGERENT remain a good description of Moby.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #499 on: September 13, 2018, 10:28:58 AM »

Elsewhere he tried to find support and he was told NO you are wrong ~ BBC was live in the US on Cable in the 80's.

You fibber

Registration