The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How the Western Media Portrays Putin & Russia - And What Actually Happened.  (Read 49258 times)

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Russians like him but they do want improved relations

Poor relations are caused by the actions of others; not Russia.

UM, did you really mean to express the above with these words. One can assume you did not have a classroom bully many years ago.

People may want good relations in an ideal world, but not at the expense of constant US/NATO warmongering or kow-towing to daft sanctions. In short, Russians respect Putin because he wont be pushed around by the west, and they will accept (or ignore) whatever the west throws at them if the alternative is to be a client state of the US like everyone else.

While you are correct about the attitude of Russians, the sanctions are a direct result of Russia's actions. The only party to blame is Russia. If Russia wants to be an independent state all the more respect from my side for this.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
Hillary must have been bored.

Putin motorcade threatened by 50 false bomb alerts from ‘telephone terrorists’

https://www.rt.com/news/410280-putin-motorcade-bomb-threats/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

JFK Took a Bullet When He Tried to Make Peace With Russia, Trump Bent the Knee Instead

http://russia-insider.com/en/jfk-took-bullet-when-he-tried-make-peace-russia-trump-bent-knee-instead/ri21849
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
JFK Took a Bullet When He Tried to Make Peace With Russia, Trump Bent the Knee Instead

http://russia-insider.com/en/jfk-took-bullet-when-he-tried-make-peace-russia-trump-bent-knee-instead/ri21849

This is a very good article and it points out what I’ve already said before. Trump is appeasing the intelligence community and the military industrial complex, in order to stay alive. This is why he delayed all information pertaining to JFK’s assassination, because it implicates Bush Sr.

Offline Tom Cat

Russia Tops World Literacy Ranking - US, EU Leaders and Media Call Foul

http://russia-insider.com/en/russia-tops-world-literacy-ranking-us-eu-leaders-and-media-call-foul/ri21963

Offline Tom Cat

The United states is not the only country to have strained relations with Russia.

‘Your accusations are made up!’ Prickly barbs expose deep rifts during Boris Johnson’s Russia visit

https://www.rt.com/news/414020-johnson-lavrov-visit-highlights/

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
The United states is not the only country to have strained relations with Russia.

Hmm, you just realised that ... ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Wiz

‘Your accusations are made up!’ Prickly barbs expose deep rifts during Boris Johnson’s Russia visit

Boris made a fool of himself but that is his persona.....

on the other hand do you know the real reasons for his visit to Moscow?

I will be waiting for your reply!

tiphat

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Tom Cat

tiphat

Boris Johnson is not of much interest here in the states, so media coverage didn't say anything specific other than to break the deadlock.
But usually when western countries reach out to Russia, is because they know Russia can be influential in making deals.
At the moment north Korea comes to mind.

The United states, and the EU, leadership the media, pick apart Russia's every move, and more often than not they expect Russia's cooperation.
Anyway what was Boris, supposed to accomplish in Moscow?

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10

tiphat

Boris Johnson is not of much interest here in the states, so media coverage didn't say anything specific other than to break the deadlock.
But usually when western countries reach out to Russia, is because they know Russia can be influential in making deals.
At the moment north Korea comes to mind.

The United states, and the EU, leadership the media, pick apart Russia's every move, and more often than not they expect Russia's cooperation.

Think he was trying to cool off the UK/RU tit-for-tat bad feeling going on over last few years, but I could be wrong because I don't give a shit really. I'm going Thai next time, the food's better....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Wiz

Here is a tip for you: Gas ....cheap gas! ;D
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Tom Cat

Is this what you were referring to?

UK turns to Russian project targeted by sanctions for gas supply

https://www.ft.com/content/6fc45d4e-dfed-11e7-8f9f-de1c2175f5ce

Offline Wiz

Is this what you were referring to?

UK turns to Russian project targeted by sanctions for gas supply

https://www.ft.com/content/6fc45d4e-dfed-11e7-8f9f-de1c2175f5ce

That was one of them and there is also the "North Stream No 2" project.

I think he also went there to call a favour for the release of one of UK agents who is in prison in Iran.

Just to remind you, when the Russian plane was shot down, flying over Sinai ..... it was PM Cameron who told Putin, next day, who was the culprit..... :8)

STE

You don't like fish and chips any more?   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED

Be sure to post proof of your latest 'scoop'....

Bet they talked about trade, in general, (post 'Brexit') North Korea, future Visa regimes...

Online Texan77

The problem you guys have is you can see the changes Russia has under gone since 2008. The country has a cold war leader whose intent is to restart the cold war with the hope Russia will win this time. Last when Russia lost the way of life in Russia collapse. This time maybe they will win and it will your way of life that collapses.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Tom Cat

The problem you guys have is you can see the changes Russia has under gone since 2008. The country has a cold war leader whose intent is to restart the cold war with the hope Russia will win this time. Last when Russia lost the way of life in Russia collapse. This time maybe they will win and it will your way of life that collapses.

Texan, maybe you have been programmed to only see one side of the situation? Russia has nothing to gain by another cold war. Given that NATO has encroached on Russia to the point Putin had little choice but to reclaim Crimea, and to do what is necessary to secure their future.

Russia has more to gain by working with other countries, but uncle Sam and the western propaganda machine wants you to believe otherwise.

Online Texan77

Texan, maybe you have been programmed to only see one side of the situation? Russia has nothing to gain by another cold war. Given that NATO has encroached on Russia to the point Putin had little choice but to reclaim Crimea, and to do what is necessary to secure their future.

Russia has more to gain by working with other countries, but uncle Sam and the western propaganda machine wants you to believe otherwise.

Just keep reading RT news and put head in sand. Then what do you call Donbas, Georgia, and Moldavia? If it was not for Donbas this thing with Russia would of ended years ago. Russia wants to keep carrying on the cold war but they do not want anyone from the west to respond until it is too late.

Many people here keep writing about how Russia is trying to end the US dollar so the US could no longer buy weapons. Now that is a cold war if I have ever heard of one. But what you guy do not see they do not just want to end the us dollar but all western currencies so NATO can not buy weapons or feed their population. You guys often say how poor I am going to become when the US dollar ends and I keep trying to tell you it will not be only me or us in the USA. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Wiz

Is this evidence good enough for you?

First tanker of Russian gas arrives in UK to keep Britons from freezing this winter

Published time: 29 Dec, 2017 09:37
Edited time: 29 Dec, 2017 14:34

;D ;D ;D

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED

https://www.rt.com/business/414521-sanctioned-russian-lng-arrives-britain/

So ...NOT 'cheap gas' .... The UK has a gas shortage due to a gas pipe problem .... 

Can't you even read ?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident

Just keep reading RT news and put head in sand. Then what do you call Donbas, Georgia, and Moldavia? If it was not for Donbas this thing with Russia would of ended years ago. Russia wants to keep carrying on the cold war but they do not want anyone from the west to respond until it is too late.

Many people here keep writing about how Russia is trying to end the US dollar so the US could no longer buy weapons. Now that is a cold war if I have ever heard of one. But what you guy do not see they do not just want to end the us dollar but all western currencies so NATO can not buy weapons or feed their population. You guys often say how poor I am going to become when the US dollar ends and I keep trying to tell you it will not be only me or us in the USA.

Then what do you call Donbas, Georgia, and Moldavia?

Donbas is no different situation to Transnistria in Moldova...

There is not a lot to it really and anyone with a few brain cells should be able to work out why there are problems in these places... the stupid dumb ass Ukrainian government just make trouble for them selves..

Can you imagine if a new government came to power in the UK and they decided to Ban the Welsh or Scottish language? if they decided to remove every thing to do with the welsh language, signs, TV channels absolutely every thing. And if they decided to give the Welsh and Scottish a really bad time.

Do you think there would be a civil war in the UK ? Do you think there maybe a few riots, maybe a few hundred or thousand deaths and probably a lot more!

Maybe Donbas is Ukraine.. but still the dumb ass Ukrainian government are not civilised people they are just ***** morons..

The Welsh already burn properties belonging to the English in Wales, you think they would be happy if they language and every thing to do with Wales was banned ?? :Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Tom Cat

First tanker of Russian gas arrives in UK to keep Britons from freezing this winter

Published time: 29 Dec, 2017 09:37
Edited time: 29 Dec, 2017 14:34

;D ;D ;D

U.S. takes gas from UK site that got first Siberian cargo

http://www.worldoil.com/news/2018/1/8/us-takes-gas-from-uk-site-that-got-first-siberian-cargo

Offline Tom Cat

A strategic political statement. (:)

D.C. Council renames street in front of Russian Embassy after Putin critic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/01/10/dc-street-renamed-russia-putin-critic-333719

Offline AvHdB

Just posted on this thread.

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=1270.new#new

Perhaps this thread would see more comments/views if a moderator moves my post to this thread.

Offline Tom Cat

Anyone have any information about  Hamilton 68?
Looks to be another scheme to drum up  more fake news about Russia.

https://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org

Offline AvHdB

Anyone have any information about  Hamilton 68?
Looks to be another scheme to drum up  more fake news about Russia.

https://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org

http://securingdemocracy.gmfus.org/publications/methodology-hamilton-68-dashboard

The above gives more background. Would I discount it, no ~ Do I believe it, no.

Registration