The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How the Western Media Portrays Putin & Russia - And What Actually Happened.  (Read 49038 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
‘I challenged Putin the best I could’: Oliver Stone on upcoming documentary

https://www.rt.com/news/391764-oliver-stone-challenged-putin/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
Putin jokes about: it snowed in moscow in May. We didnt blame it on American hackers.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
Putin jokes about: it snowed in moscow in May. We didnt blame it on American hackers.

He joked about snow in May? Outrageous of him.

tiphat

Wayne

Offline Tom Cat

Given when he purchased life insurance and he was in the process of acquire more should have given some indication he may have had health issues.

No evidence Russian whistleblower was poisoned, police say

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/09/no-evidence-russian-whistleblower-alexander-perepilichnyy-poisoned-police-say
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

Offline el_guero

Vladimir Putin's hard-core daily routine includes hours of swimming, late nights, and no alcohol

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/vladimir-putins-hard-core-daily-routine-includes-hours-of-swimming-late-nights-and-no-alcohol-a7772216.html

Yep.

Vodka is NOT alcohol. It is just for toasting.

Wayne

Offline Tom Cat

Online 2tallbill

How the Western Media Portrays Putin & Russia
« Reply #407 on: June 23, 2017, 02:19:03 PM »

Here are a few stories on the Russian meddling in the US election, where they
tricked Hillary Clinton into not campaigning in Wisconsin and into keeping a
secret server with government secrets then erasing some 30K of them.

Obama’s secret struggle to punish Russia for Putin’s election assault

Early last August, an envelope with extraordinary handling restrictions arrived
at the White House. Sent by courier from the CIA, it carried “eyes only”
instructions that its contents be shown to just four people:
President Barack Obama and three senior aides.
[question by popka how did the Washington post get the story then?]

The White House debated various options to punish Russia, but facing obstacles
and potential risks, it ultimately failed to exact a heavy toll on the Kremlin for
its election interference.

Inside was an intelligence bombshell, a report drawn from sourcing deep inside
the Russian government that detailed Russian President Vladi­mir Putin’s direct
involvement in a cyber campaign to disrupt and discredit the U.S. presidential
race.

read the story here
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/world/national-security/obama-putin-election-hacking/?utm_term=.2371c2945880

Some companion stories 
Putin denied meddling in the U.S. election. The CIA caught him doing just that.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/06/23/putin-denied-meddling-in-the-u-s-election-the-cia-caught-him-doing-just-that/?utm_term=.88ba18136f47

Trump sent a very smart tweet before The Post’s latest Russia scoop
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/06/23/trump-sent-a-very-smart-tweet-before-the-posts-latest-russia-scoop/?utm_term=.47fe8b182b26

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
That's a whole pike of made up twaddle. If true, which it isn't, the writers and sources have been guilty of telling the enemy about the nation's secret plans making them valueless.

There's an admission that the US has been doing that which they accuse the enemy of doing.

There's two possibilities here, given the admissions in thus tripe:
1) The enemy are all powerful, omnipresent and skilled with limitless resources.
Or
2) The US is as weak as a 3rd world banana Republic with no control over its own systems and easily influenced by outsiders due to the incompetence of its security and intelligence services.

Given what the links Popka shared tell us, one of these options is true. Which is it?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
I have reread the story. I have to admire that some can write so much without proving a single thing. The one thing I take away is if the story is only half true, it proves beyond doubt what a weak 'leader' Obama was.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline el_guero

That's a whole pike of made up twaddle. If true, which it isn't, the writers and sources have been guilty of telling the enemy about the nation's secret plans making them valueless.

There's an admission that the US has been doing that which they accuse the enemy of doing.

There's two possibilities here, given the admissions in thus tripe:
1) The enemy are all powerful, omnipresent and skilled with limitless resources.
Or
2) The US is as weak as a 3rd world banana Republic with no control over its own systems and easily influenced by outsiders due to the incompetence of its security and intelligence services.

Given what the links Popka shared tell us, one of these options is true. Which is it?

As Andrew said, it is both.

Online 2tallbill

Much of the Western press didn't like that Hillary lost and Trump won, so they
came up with this idea that Putin got involved in the election and caused poor
Hillary to lose.

Remember that all this happened right under Obama's nose (who they worship
thrice daily) so they had to come up with a story that made Hillary and Obama
look good while Putin was bad. Unfortunately the facts didn't follow the
narrative so they had to make them up. Unnamed and dubious sources,
contortions of logic and ignoring anything and everything that deviated
from their narrative is how articles like these are written.

It's becoming nearly comical. 
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
I was making a false binary choice here. Of course the US is not totally incompetent in matters of politics and statecraft - it just looks that way.

The reality is that, Russia does not have the power to change an election result in the USA but the US does make itself weaker if it accepts the logical outcome of the claims being made.

Of course Russia, or parts of the power vertical (Deep State) in Russia probably did have a preference for Trump over Clinton and, chances are, that even without a plan or concrete strategy, simply by mentioning Clinton's shortcomings and idiocy, in international media of all sorts there would have been a drag on her viability as a candidate. Of course, we already know that the US engages in this type of 'influence' in Russia and elsewhere (as a minimum) hence the support of the US for fools such as Navalny in Russia and the constant demonisation of Putin and the ongoing belittling and threats against Russia.

Of course the silly claims of interference being made in the US are most unlikely to be true because one would have to be a fool to think they would be effective. Whatever one thinks of Russian leadership, no honest and moderately knowledgeable person could suggest that the ship of state in Russia was helmed by fools!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

I was making a false binary choice here. Of course the US is not totally incompetent in matters of politics and statecraft - it just looks that way.

The reality is that, Russia does not have the power to change an election result in the USA but the US does make itself weaker if it accepts the logical outcome of the claims being made.

Of course the silly claims of interference being made in the US are most unlikely to be true because one would have to be a fool to think they would be effective. Whatever one thinks of Russian leadership, no honest and moderately knowledgeable person could suggest that the ship of state in Russia was helmed by fools!

My guess the one side of the isle was looking for a theme after they assumed the presidency. In reality they were blindsided and now only have a moan and groan strategy left. The blame game will continue for as long as the Democrats can sell milk from a dead cow. As far as I can see there is little evidence of any direct contacts during, before or even presently between the Trump presidency with Russia. The one exception being P. Manafart. 

As far as I can see both Trump and Putin are doing this odd two step dance that suggests deep distrust of the other.

Please bear in mind the United States has in various ways directly interfered or interceded in elections abroad.

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

• Trips: 1-5

Much of the Western press didn't like that Hillary lost and Trump won, so they
came up with this idea that Putin got involved in the election and caused poor
Hillary to lose.

Remember that all this happened right under Obama's nose (who they worship
thrice daily) so they had to come up with a story that made Hillary and Obama
look good while Putin was bad. Unfortunately the facts didn't follow the
narrative so they had to make them up. Unnamed and dubious sources,
contortions of logic and ignoring anything and everything that deviated
from their narrative is how articles like these are written.

It's becoming nearly comical. 

I got sick of the lies from the George Soros news media years ago. MSNBC (MSNBS), ABC, ec.t are a bunch of lying hacks. Where has true journalism gone in America? I am glad that I got rid of cable and no longer have to pay for these lies to be spoon fed to me.

I know haven't posted in a while. I have been busy working two jobs and saving money so I can one day move to Eastern Europe and marry the woman from te Ukraine or Russia. I just have not had enough time to post here,

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED

I got sick of the lies from the George Soros news media years ago. MSNBC (MSNBS), ABC, ec.t are a bunch of lying hacks. Where has true journalism gone in America? I am glad that I got rid of cable and no longer have to pay for these lies to be spoon fed to me.

I know haven't posted in a while. I have been busy working two jobs and saving money so I can one day move to Eastern Europe and marry the woman from te Ukraine or Russia. I just have not had enough time to post here,

Then when you get here- you will see that most cable is REALLY a serial spoon-fed 'op ed' from channels that really are run by those in power ..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Tom Cat

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED

You told us you were being committed to a mental institution and sought a lawyer to help you get out...  quoting your post from Feb 2015..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online AvHdB

My apology in advance if this has been posted before.

One has to admire Putin. It is interesting to see his comments regarding Trump.

Between the off the cuff one liners there are some interesting insights.

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

You told us you were being committed to a mental institution and sought a lawyer to help you get out...  quoting your post from Feb 2015..

I was going to send you a PM, but you're inbox is already full.

I admit that I should not have posted about matters regarding my health at the time. That was stupid on my part. This is a long story, so please bear with me. Here is what happened.

This whole thing all started when I had an argument with a girl at Northeast Iowa Community College in October 2014. She spread this slanderous rumor that I was a "fag", and through her network of friends, spread this rumor around campus and the city of Dubuque. Most of the students, with their immature high school mentality, took sick pleasure in spreading this slanderous lie and proceeded to call me a "fag" every single day I was at NICC. I went to the professors and the Dean himself, but they said they could not do anything about since I was not gay. I was so angry for months and the anger just continued to build inside me until I finally just mentally snapped in February 2015. The stress and anger inside me caused me to get headaches and affected the health of my brain.

In February 2015, I vented to my mother about this and she recommended I get help. It turns out that I was not sent to a mental institution (I thought I was, because people aren't allowed to leave the facility until their 2 weeks are up or in drug and alcohol abuse or severe cases, sent to another facility to continue treatment. I did not find this out until my time there was nearly over) and I was really sent to a rehab facility at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque, IA. They only keep people there for a maximum of 2 weeks. They gave me some meds there and gave me tips on developing better coping skills. Over time I started relaxation techniques with Meditation and Mindfulness (living in the moment, not in the past.). I was taken off the meds after I had demonstrated that my mental health was better. I had to pay about $3,000 out of my own pocket after I was released. In March of 2015, I fell behind on my schoolwork and had to do weeks of homework in order to stay caught up.

Now to give you some background, I originally enrolled at Northeast Iowa Community College to learn how to weld and attain the welding diploma. I also decided to take the Manchester MIG/ARC welding course during this time because I thought it would help when I got to the NICC welding diploma.  I took the MIG/ ARCWelding class in Manchester for working adults in August 2014 and graduated with the welding certificate in November 2014. There I learned how to read blueprints, how to use dial calipers and micrometers, dial indicators, what welding symbols are, tolerances, quality control, Plasma Cutting, and how to interpret the type and size of the weld needed for the specific job.
My only regret is that I should have just taken my certificate and got a job at Paladin in Delhi, Iowa, Henderson in Manchester, Iowa or XL trailers in Manchester, Iowan after I got my certifaction from the Manchester program. More on that later..

In the fall of 2014, I took my Math and Composition 1 classes, while simultaneously, taking the MIG/ARC welding certificate program for adults in Manchester, instructed by the awesome Seth Harms.(Personally I disliked Composition 1. I got an A in the class, but I just disliked the fact that the 7 page essays (and portfolio near the end of the course.) were time consuming.  In December 2014 I passed my required Math and Composition 1 classes. 

I started the NICC welding diploma program in January 2015. This turned out to be a mistake that I would later regret and I found myself falling behind the rest of the class. Another thing that bothered me was that my tuition would not cover the cost of my welding helmet, my welding pliers, tape measure, soapstones (for making marks so metal can be cut.), files, welding gloves, c-clamps, other tools, ect. I had to pay for these out of my own pocket. I can provide the list of materials if I can find the original list given to me by NICC. The only thing provided by NICC was the welders, plasma cutters, scrap metal, metal cutting press, Argon gas, electrode sticks, and pipe.

I did well on the welding symbols class and the overall book work part of the class, but it was the welding part itself that became my Achilles heel.  The MIG/ARC welding got even harder to do because after a while I had to get the size of the weld right, keep my hands relaxed, and keep moving so the size of the weld was not too big or small. Then it got even harder with stick and TIG welding. The problems I was having with stick welding is when the puddle of molten metal off the electrode cooled, my electrode stick would get stuck there. Then I had to do this vertically as well as horizontally. Then the course got even harder with TIG welding. In TIG welding, you have to dip a small welding rod while simultaneously holding this special TIG welder to heat it and then dip the tip until it is molten, then dip again, and repeat dozens or hundreds of times until finished. I fell behind the class and I was told by the welding instructor there that I just was not a welder and that I had failed the course. Keep in mind that a welding student cannot make up welding work outside of class unless they already own welders of their own or (if employed by a Manufacturing company) already own their own welders for personal use. I was not that lucky and as a result, had to take a fail on the welding course. After that I went to apply for a welding job at Paladin in Delhi, IA, Henderson, and XL Trailers. None of them called back. Plus, the stress and anger I was going through in 2015 didn't help, either. 

In 2015, I had to come to terms with the fact that I just was not a good enough welder to work in Manufacturing or even the oil pipeline. As a hobby, yes I am good enough. Just not for the precise work that is required in Manufacturing applications. I decided to enter the work force and just get a regular job instead of adding more debt to the pile. I planned on getting a TEFL certificate in June of 2015, but my family still questioned my mental state at the time and thought it wasn't a good idea. So I emailed the school telling them I was not going to make it. That was devastating at the time.

My welding instructor, Seth Harms, can confirm that I (Todd Williams) graduated said ARC welding course in November 2014. His Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/seth.harms?pnref=friends.search Send him a message. I can also provide receipts of the Math and Composition 1 books I bought in 2014. I turned in my Composition book, but I kept the Math book for future reference. I can also provide images of this book if you want to see them.

In the summer of 2015, I started working at a animal bedding woodshavings place called KTM limited in the small town of Graf, Iowa doing physically hard labor on hot days wrapping bags around a woodshavings machine and then stacking them 7 high in rows of 20 for 7 hours a day. I also had to help stack them in Horse and Livestock trailers for customers then repeat previous task of wrapping bag around machine, push the button to spit out bales of shavings, and stack new bales again. I will give you my former boss Phil Klein's number if you wish to call him to confirm that this is true that I (Todd Williams) worked for him during the summer of 2015 . Phil's number is (mod Edit personal number removed) http://www.usbizs.com/IA/Durango/KTM_Ltd_Graff_Road_avt.html

I worked for him to pay for my stay at the facility. I was laid off at the end of August 2015 because he said there is hardly any work during the winter since most customers buy the animal bedding during the summer. And so I had to find another job once again. Now I work 2 jobs trying to pay off this debt and I am saving up so I can go to a TEFL course to teach English as a foreign language. It's only one month of school work and the cost is not as much as a Community college or University. I have no doubt that I am intelligent enough and can handle teaching English. I also have a great work ethic and am willing to help people if they are struggling. Now, in 2017, I am finally in a position to save money towards my goal of getting a TEFL certificate.  I might one day decide to go to a college or a university in Russia,  if I decide to improve my education in the future.

Now I am not throwing a pity party here. I just want to tell you what really was going on with me during this time period.

Fast forward to 2017. To this day, for almost 3 years now, students who now enroll at NICC still shout or whisper "fag" at me as I walk down the street or if I'm at a restaurant. But the difference now is that I have learned to better cope with the situation and just let it roll off my shoulder. I have learned to let go of anger quickly and use mindfulness to live in the present and not let dwell on bad events in the past. Plus, my overall health has improved since that horrible event 2015 and I have even improved myself throughout this whole ordeal.

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

Then when you get here- you will see that most cable is REALLY a serial spoon-fed 'op ed' from channels that really are run by those in power ..

Cut the cable, keep the internet.  :)

Offline ?ManyQuestions?

Ya Izvyenitsa for going  :offtopic:.

Online AvHdB

2 many ?

Thank you for your honesty and posts (#419). It is refreshing compared to some other threads where one only guess. I hope things work out.

It is possible that the moderators might move your comments to a different or new thread. They are not doing as punishment.

While I am not a fan of this sort of justice (but have availed myself to this) depending on facts you might have the basis of a law suit for slander against your tormentor(s) and the school administration.

Offline Tom Cat

Offline Tom Cat

Putin's vacation looks to be taking a shot at Trump showing what a real man does on vacation.
This article of course was not very good, but does provide a link to Putin's video.

These are the best parts from the video of Vladimir Putin's vacation in Siberia

http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-best-parts-of-the-47-minute-video-putin-vacation-2017-8

Registration