The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian winter in Ufa Nov/Dec 07  (Read 9154 times)

Offline LEGAL

Re: Russian winter in Ufa Nov/Dec 07
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 07:59:42 AM »
Wiz very good photos. Its the personal photos that have the most meaning Olga and I thank you and really enjoy looking at them. Please keep them coming. I do miss Russian winter :), Olga does not :o she now loves the warm weather here in Florida.  8)

Offline Olga

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 11:30:27 AM »
I always have been loving the warm weather  :) and Russian summer is my favorite season  :P

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 02:06:23 PM »
Legal

Thanks very much for the good words about the photos. I do enjoy taking photos, I said before, and I am happy to post them here.

Despite the severe cold weather in Ufa, sometimes - 25 C, I really enjoyed going out and around taking photos and looking beautiful scenery and I can say that after awhile I got used to it.

Of course like Olga I do like the hot nice Greek weather and I go there whenever is possible.

Back to England now, I find the weather colder and wet and today with my Girl friend we have visited Hampton Court Palace and despite the sunshine it felt very cold.

Just for Olga, who likes that type of photography, I am posting a photo from a Robin that I managed to take today in Hampton Court Palace.

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Hall Monitor

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 09:59:12 PM »
For those of you looking for the technical photographic stuff that ended up in this thread, it is under Chat in a thread called Photo Shop Talk.  Here is the link:
http://ruadventures.com/index.php?topic=2258.0

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 02:47:07 PM »
Wiz, very nice photos.  I'm enjoying your posts.

Offline Paul

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 10:34:33 PM »
More nice pics Wiz, and now back to camera's and tech stuff..........  :P Only kidding, thanks for including the picture of the robin, I've always liked the robins you have there in the UK more than our American robins.

Offline shane71

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2007, 04:44:52 PM »
Hi

It has been nearly 2 years since I was in Ufa, only recognised a few of the photo's, next time I am there it will be summer time in Russia so I will get to see what Ufa is like in the warmer months. I still remember standing at one of the monuments, it was freezing, the wind was howling down accross the frozen winter and straight through us. Even Regina and her sister were cold.

WOnderful photo's anyway.

Cheers

PS. I have a quick question, does anyone have a map of Ufa, i am trying to locate where she lives on Google Earth, they have recently updated the satelite imagery of Ufa so it is quite good, and I want to find where she lives but I was very disoriented while I was there and it was only for a week.

Just another one of those damn colonials. :)

Offline Wiz

Re: Russian winter/summer in Ufa July/Dec 07
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 03:50:27 AM »
Thank you al for your comments.

Shane,

I am sorry I do not have a map of Ufa.... but just to keep you happy I just searched and found some summer photos I took last July and August in Ufa.

Ufa from our Balcony

Local traders

Chemist Park

Park opposite the Orjonikige Palace of culture

Orjonikige Palace of culture

Lenin Statue in Chemist Park

Wedding Photos in Victory Park

More wedding photos.... on a WWII Gun

War Memorial in Victory Park

A family stroll in Victory park on a hot July day.

Muslim Tulpan Mosque

Day Dreamer

What happened to your own photos from your travels in Russia?

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Paul

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 11:31:35 AM »
Quote from: wiz
Day Dreamer

What happened to your own photos from your travels in Russia?

Wiz, I posted some of them at the other board. They are the same pictures everyone takes when the go to Moscow with a few shot's of Zhukovsky Russia thrown in. "City" photography really isn't my thing (I prefer to take pictures of nature and wildlife and that is the area of photography were I have some experience). Your pics are much better.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2008, 06:21:38 AM »
Some more photos

Local talent.....

She spotted me taking her photo...LOL

Me at Victory Park in the summer