The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Sex, Lies and Videotape: Deconstructing the myths about FSUW  (Read 66912 times)

Offline longingforthesouth

• Trips: Resident
Re: Sex, Lies and Videotape: Deconstructing the myths about FSUW
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2014, 02:13:55 PM »
Да, я из Македонии. Я вам ответил на русском, потому что предполагаю что это ваш родной язык. I wrote in russian, because I assume that it's your native language.
Travelling to Russia and Ukraine since 2005.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »
Да, я из Македонии. Я вам ответил на русском, потому что предполагаю что это ваш родной язык. I wrote in russian, because I assume that it's your native language.

Да, да, да! Русский мой родной язык!
Какой сорприз!!! Спасибо!!
Македония очень красивая страна.
Я там не была, но много слышала о ней.
Следующий раз, когда я в Европе, надеюсь посетить это сказочное место.
Очень рада видеть Вас на этом форуме.
Надеюсь Вы здесь будете постоянно.

« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2014, 02:32:15 PM »

Да, да, да! Русский мой родной язык!
Какой сорприз!!! Спасибо!!
Македония очень красивая страна.
Я там не была, но много слышала о ней.
Следующий раз, когда я в Европе, надеюсь посетить это сказочное место.
Очень рада видеть Вас на этом форуме.
Надеюсь Вы здесь будете постоянно.

Спасибо за вам за приятные слова уважаемая Orchid! ) Приезжайте! Рекомендую вам летом посетить город Охрид на Охридском озере. Оно большое почти как море. Это наш главный туристический центр. Там есть древние достопримечательности. Российским, украинским и американским гражданам виза не требуется.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2014, 02:42:00 PM »
Спасибо за вам за приятные слова уважаемая Orchid! ) Приезжайте! Рекомендую вам летом посетить город Охрид на Охридском озере. Оно большое почти как море. Это наш главный туристический центр. Там есть древние достопримечательности. Российским, украинским и американским гражданам виза не требуется.

Охрид звучит почти как Orchid.  :)
Этот форум пробудил у меня большой интерес к Шотландии.
Теперь вот Македония....
Похоже следующим летом я буду много путешествовать.
У нас здесь есть традиция размещать фотографии места где мы живем.
Идея заключается в том, чтобы увидеть это место Вашими глазами и узнать Вас получше.
Может быть Вы найдете время и сделаете фотографии Македонии для нас?
Это был бы большой подарок.

« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »

Охрид звучит почти как Orchid.  :)
Этот форум пробудил у меня большой интерес к Шотландии.
Теперь вот Македония....
Похоже следующим летом я буду много путешествовать.
У нас здесь есть традиция размещать фотографии места где мы живем.
Идея заключается в том, чтобы увидеть это место Вашими глазами и узнать Вас получше.
Может быть Вы найдете время и сделаете фотографии Македонии для нас?
Это был бы большой подарок.

Почему нет) Я постараюсь загрузить фотографии когда у меня будет возможность)

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2014, 03:07:23 PM »
Почему нет) Я постараюсь загрузить фотографии когда у меня будет возможность)

Спасибо большое.
Буду с нетерпением ждать.

Offline sashathecat

• Spouses Country: Ukraine baby!
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2014, 04:03:26 PM »
Great posts by Blast and CaptB. The advice they give is timeless.   tiphat

Offline blast

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2014, 02:36:26 AM »

Thank you SashaTheCat, but we also need to give  tiphat  our very wise уважаемая Orchid! 

Read her topic: http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=20763.0     :reading: :reading: :reading:

On this link, you will witness another example of true RW wisdom!   :thumbsup:

Offline sashathecat

• Spouses Country: Ukraine baby!
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2014, 03:06:11 AM »

Thank you SashaTheCat, but we also need to give  tiphat  our very wise уважаемая Orchid! 

Da, I have been following Orchids thread. It is one of the better threads on the site. Quite a few parallels with my wife's experiences and a good read for the women planning on making the jump and those about to catch them.

Offline TomT

« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »

Indeed we do! I hope that Doctor LFS understands the irony of an FSUW coming to his rescue after his "thesis" about the bitches of the FSU.

« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »
Indeed we do! I hope that Doctor LFS understands the irony of a RW coming to his rescue after his "thesis" about the bitches of the FSU.

Though Tom's reading abilities equal those of Stevie Wonder and Andrea Bocelli, he noticed in this thread that I've no problem in communicating with FSU ladies. Moreover, in russian. But the keyword is "ladies". Real ladies are rare. Many are taken. You'll rarely see them in my target age group.

Offline AJ

« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2014, 11:46:12 AM »
It's funny, women most everywhere complain of the same dilemma,
very few good family men, and those few are mostly  taken..

Should make a mans  search in the 25 to 30yo range rather reasonable, as opposed to lottery like.

You have a huge advantage in speaking Russian, and being nearby.
Doesn't make any search easy,but you do have distinct advantages over most searching there.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2014, 12:25:46 PM »
There are no 'ladies' in Russia or Ukraine. There are many women. Some are nice and some are not. But no ladies.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2014, 01:08:56 PM »
Nikola Tesla was a genius and he died forgotten in misery. Paris Hilton is a brainless bimbo and everyone likes her, she's full of undeserved cash etc. there are milions of examples but lets not complicate. thats not the topic anyway so lets forget it. Good people always win, yeah in disneyland

Tesla was indeed a genius. He made a tidy sum during his life and 20 years after passing had an SI unit named after him.

Hardly died forgotten in misery.....

I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2014, 02:20:35 PM »
Nikola Tesla was a genius and he died forgotten in misery. Paris Hilton is a brainless bimbo and everyone likes her, she's full of undeserved cash etc. there are milions of examples but lets not complicate. thats not the topic anyway so lets forget it. Good people always win, yeah in disneyland

Tesla was indeed a genius. He made a tidy sum during his life and 20 years after passing had an SI unit named after him.

Utter nonsence. Though that's not "misery" as in "starving children in Africa", it's still humiliating for such a great mind. He was allegedly broke when he died in a NYC hotel room. During his life he was underratted. Edison publicly ridiculed and humiliated him. He fought bitter legal battles, because some of his inventions were appropriated by other scientists. For some of them he was credited posthumously. Without them modern life would be immpossible, but still, many people don't know that he ever existed. Especialy in the US, where he lived and worked.

It's a long story with lots of controversies and you can do a research on google, but he's not the topic here, so let's not go deeper. Just compare his achievements and popularity vs let's say Paris Hilton. Or put here any banal celebrity you want. My point is that people who posses great qualities (be it: mind, talent, good character) are not necesarily rewarded in this world.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2014, 02:53:39 PM »
Utter nonsense?

I know his work well so what's the issue? Your poor understanding of English?

As already seen regarding your Thesis, you say one thing but actually mean something completely different when questioned later.

Another nut job.
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
I bet our esteemed thesis writer is another of those free energy nutters who fantasise abut Tesla's 'lost' inventions.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2014, 05:40:05 PM »

Utter nonsence. Though that's not "misery" as in "starving children in Africa", it's still humiliating for such a great mind. He was allegedly broke when he died in a NYC hotel room. During his life he was underratted. Edison publicly ridiculed and humiliated him. He fought bitter legal battles, because some of his inventions were appropriated by other scientists. For some of them he was credited posthumously. Without them modern life would be immpossible, but still, many people don't know that he ever existed. Especialy in the US, where he lived and worked.

It's a long story with lots of controversies and you can do a research on google, but he's not the topic here, so let's not go deeper. Just compare his achievements and popularity vs let's say Paris Hilton. Or put here any banal celebrity you want. My point is that people who posses great qualities (be it: mind, talent, good character) are not necesarily rewarded in this world.

Thats life and true of many people, stars, Music, Movies, Athletes and such always get more acclaim,
Than many normal everyday heroes. Unless it is a field in which someone pays attention, most don't know great
amounts about many great people.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline TomT

« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2014, 06:24:39 PM »
Though Tom's reading abilities equal those of Stevie Wonder and Andrea Bocelli, he noticed in this thread that I've no problem in communicating with FSU ladies. Moreover, in russian.

I think that being honest in only one language is superior to being able to lie fluently in several languages.

« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2014, 08:35:39 PM »
Utter nonsense?

Yes, my english is broken. If you want to date abroad, you must deal with it. Otherwise, no woman. No cry.

I used the word "nonsense" to express my disagreement.

- You: He HARDLY (not quite / barely / almost not) died in poverty. Me: No, he was broke.

- You: He was honored for his achievements. Me: Partially, as some were recognized after he was dead. He probably died bitter.

- You: He made TIDY SUMS. Me: Yes, but he spend on sci. In return, many don't know him, but they know Jerry Springer. And Tom, of course, cause he's a genius. A child prodigy. Wunderkind. Amadeus.

« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2014, 11:19:51 AM »
Though Tom's reading abilities equal those of Stevie Wonder and Andrea Bocelli, he noticed in this thread that I've no problem in communicating with FSU ladies. Moreover, in russian. But the keyword is "ladies". Real ladies are rare. Many are taken. You'll rarely see them in my target age group.

There are no 'ladies' in Russia or Ukraine. There are many women. Some are nice and some are not. But no ladies.

OK, I meant nice women as in:  kind + beautiful + family oriented + well read etc. The FSU dating business is based on that ideal. It was blown out of proportions. Most WM failed to find it, cause in reality it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Also, RU economy improved. Foreigners are no longer hip. Young girls are same everywhere, they don't give a f... about anything serious and they live a westernized decadent "bitchy" lifestyle (with rare exceptions, who are ussually taken by local guys).

The FSU dating business FAILED. Sure, some WM found wifes. There're good FSUW and I've experienced that. But the number of succesful cases is ridiculous. And in most cases it's middle aged couples, single mothers etc.

I bet our esteemed thesis writer is another of those free energy nutters

If you receive my bills for electricity, you'd become one of them. LOL. The electro-distributors in my country are bunch of thieves (Austrian company EVN AG). Everyone curses their mothers, sisters and daughters.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »
Utter nonsense?

Yes, my english is broken. If you want to date abroad, you must deal with it. Otherwise, no woman. No cry.

I used the word "nonsense" to express my disagreement.

- You: He HARDLY (not quite / barely / almost not) died in poverty. Me: No, he was broke.

- You: He was honored for his achievements. Me: Partially, as some were recognized after he was dead. He probably died bitter.

- You: He made TIDY SUMS. Me: Yes, but he spend on sci. In return, many don't know him, but they know Jerry Springer. And Tom, of course, cause he's a genius. A child prodigy. Wunderkind. Amadeus.

He's not the only one. I bet not many Americans know about Dennis Ritchie or Edgar Dijkstra, yet without them computer sciences would still be in their infancy.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline yankee

« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2014, 12:25:55 PM »

He's not the only one. I bet not many Americans know about Dennis Ritchie or Edgar Dijkstra, yet without them computer sciences would still be in their infancy.

I never knew Dennis Ritchie but my mother dated Dr. Hamming (the Hamming award).  And structured programming came with Dijkstra back in the 70's for me.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »
I bet not many Americans know about Dennis Ritchie or Edgar Dijkstra, yet without them computer sciences would still be in their infancy.

I see.... So, they are the ones who are guilty for this "FSU dating" nonsense. If they didn't develop the PC, there'd be no internet. And no FSU dating sites. Lots of cash, nerves and energy would be saved. And less hearts would be broken. LOL.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2014, 02:26:34 PM »
You sound like a very bitter individual longingforawoman.

Of course some truths lie in part of the nonsense you spout but I can't help but feel that you have had some bad experiences and you've got a few issues to iron out.

Agreed, this endeavour isn't for the faint hearted but in my experience, meeting girls from the FSU has simply been an extension to the dating pool. I'm perhaps a little too young to compare today's 'market' with what happened back in the good ol days but from what I've seen, there's more than enough pretty girls out there waiting for a decent bloke.

Would I do it all again if anything happened to my current relationship? Absolutely not but only because it's been such an intensive few years getting to where we are today. However, if I hadn't met my wife and  happened to be still looking around, I know there would be many, many exciting times lying ahead for me.

I just don't see the world as you do but then perhaps we play in different sports.