The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Another question for the ladies of this board  (Read 7297 times)

Offline FredHill

Re: Another question for the ladies of this board
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2014, 11:11:41 PM »
The question ... is as loaded as asking the girls if they would rather eat cat, beef or rat.

Not at all, Tom. In reality, many women would date the bad boy for the excitement and keep the regular guy on standby until they're ready to settle down. As for the basement dwelling loser, he's unlikely to receive the slightest consideration, as his inner virtues are overshadowed by his disgustingly unattractive appearance.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 06:58:27 PM »
The question ... is as loaded as asking the girls if they would rather eat cat, beef or rat.

Not at all, Tom. In reality, many women would date the bad boy for the excitement and keep the regular guy on standby until they're ready to settle down. As for the basement dwelling loser, he's unlikely to receive the slightest consideration, as his inner virtues are overshadowed by his disgustingly unattractive appearance.

Why didn't you include an option for a fit, good-looking, financially stable guy without vices, personality disorders or communicable diseases?

p.s.

Cellar-dwellers are not necessarily disgustingly unattractive and I find it interesting that you are trying to sell (your) inner qualities whilst you rail against ugliness.
"Get away from the keyboard little man. I know where you live." (Message left in my facebook mailbox by our resident psychopath.)

Offline AJ

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2014, 09:23:02 PM »

rather simplistic view..but if someone held it to be generally true, why not simply date the women that had moved into the settling down phase?

additionally there are basement dwelling women as well personality wise?
so..a hat for every head
she had a hip with bad habits , and a shake that was a bit obscene

Offline FredHill

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 11:33:30 PM »
...I find it interesting that you are trying to sell (your) inner qualities whilst you rail against ugliness.

I've said nothing about my inner qualities, Tom.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2014, 11:49:32 AM »
Why didn't you include an option for a fit, good-looking, financially stable guy without vices, personality disorders or communicable diseases?

You didn't answer the above question, Fred.
"Get away from the keyboard little man. I know where you live." (Message left in my facebook mailbox by our resident psychopath.)

Offline FredHill

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2014, 04:41:50 PM »

Because that's option # 2: The Regular Guy.

Thanks.

Offline Orchid

• Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2014, 08:14:08 PM »
I am married. It's late to think about choices..... :(

Offline FredHill

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2014, 09:55:35 PM »

Are you unhappy with your choice of husband?

Offline Orchid

• Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2014, 10:29:53 PM »

Are you unhappy with your choice of husband?

:ROFL: You are so predictable, Mr. FredHill.
Sometimes I am happy, sometimes not, like any woman.

Offline welder

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2014, 12:24:29 AM »

Because that's option # 2: The Regular Guy.

Thanks.
Hardly Fred, I would submit the man Tom describes is option 1 in the eyes of any woman, nothing regular about it.(Note I make no reference to your three options)   This probably gets to the heart of the issue.  Regular would be lacking a couple of the traits above, IMHO.