The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Westcoast: Nobody immigrates to the FSU from the west.  (Read 82104 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Westcoast: Nobody immigrates to the FSU from the west.
« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2016, 03:42:51 AM »
I love this country its like paradise very day  :) BUT anyone thinking of setting business up I would say think twice and it certainly isn't for the faint hearted.
Nearly anything official is a pain in the ass if you don't give the person at the other end some real mouth nothing will ever get done :laugh:
Employing people is more than a pain in the ass.. My personal experiences with web programers is most want to do nothing all day but get paid lots of $$$$ Next year we will need 1/2 full time developers and its probably easier for me to offer some guy from the UK a full time job and pay their relocation to Russia. As for finding someone interested in re locating to Russia I think that would be a pretty easy task  ;D
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2016, 03:57:56 AM »
While this 'invasion' of cowboys may be a recent phenomenon (the last couple of years) I recall that there have been similar programs in the past, quite a few years ago.

Conditions in Russia are quite ideal for this kind of management it seems, lots of space and weather suitable for ongoing outdoor raising of the animals.

Notice that the purpose is to transfer knowledge to Russia from 'outside'. This is something that Russia has been quietly getting on with for the past couple of decades - Danchik probably knows about that as he has seen the effects of the knowledge transfer in his work.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2016, 10:30:10 PM »
Just a little reminder ... Westy's foolish 'nobody' would have been more accurately phrased as  - compared to those wanting to Leave ... far fewer seek to settle IN Russia..

Those - including myself - that are the exception - understand that Russia has a long way to go to making it simple to 'set up shop' ..  If one derives income from elsewhere - it is a different matter
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #278 on: March 18, 2016, 08:39:42 PM »
I love this country its like paradise very day  :) BUT anyone thinking of setting business up I would say think twice and it certainly isn't for the faint hearted.
Nearly anything official is a pain in the ass if you don't give the person at the other end some real mouth nothing will ever get done :laugh:
Employing people is more than a pain in the ass.. My personal experiences with web programers is most want to do nothing all day but get paid lots of $$$$ Next year we will need 1/2 full time developers and its probably easier for me to offer some guy from the UK a full time job and pay their relocation to Russia. As for finding someone interested in re locating to Russia I think that would be a pretty easy task  ;D

What kind of business are you building sites for?

Wayne

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #279 on: March 18, 2016, 08:41:26 PM »
While this 'invasion' of cowboys may be a recent phenomenon (the last couple of years) I recall that there have been similar programs in the past, quite a few years ago.

Conditions in Russia are quite ideal for this kind of management it seems, lots of space and weather suitable for ongoing outdoor raising of the animals.

Notice that the purpose is to transfer knowledge to Russia from 'outside'. This is something that Russia has been quietly getting on with for the past couple of decades - Danchik probably knows about that as he has seen the effects of the knowledge transfer in his work.

That makes a LOT of sense.

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #280 on: March 18, 2016, 10:09:00 PM »

Those - including myself - that are the exception - understand that Russia has a long way to go to making it simple to 'set up shop' ..  If one derives income from elsewhere - it is a different matter

The Republic of Georgia makes it easy to 'set up shop' (start a business). Foreign investment was going strong in that direction until those 5 days in August '08. Now people are afraid to invest here so says my taxi driver. When I talk about bureaucratic hassles in the West towards businessmen, regulations and so on I'm usually given a strange look. Here everything seems so free and easy going. I understand you can get a business license in a few hours. The government building where that is done works really, really smooth. I get the impression Georgia is like America 150 years ago.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #281 on: March 19, 2016, 12:22:35 AM »

The Republic of Georgia makes it easy to 'set up shop' (start a business). Foreign investment was going strong in that direction until those 5 days in August '08. Now people are afraid to invest here so says my taxi driver. When I talk about bureaucratic hassles in the West towards businessmen, regulations and so on I'm usually given a strange look. Here everything seems so free and easy going. I understand you can get a business license in a few hours. The government building where that is done works really, really smooth. I get the impression Georgia is like America 150 years ago.
The Wild West? Carpetbaggers galore?

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #282 on: March 19, 2016, 12:50:46 AM »
Just a little reminder ... Westy's foolish 'nobody' would have been more accurately phrased as  - compared to those wanting to Leave ... far fewer seek to settle IN Russia..

Actually, this comment is incorrect..

As long as one has the correct and required documentation, and follows the correct procedures/rules/laws, Setting up shop in Russia is a doddle..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #283 on: March 19, 2016, 10:03:27 AM »

As long as one has the correct and required documentation, and follows the correct procedures/rules/laws, Setting up shop in Russia is a doddle..

Does this mean it no longer takes 4 to 7 weeks to do the iinitial paperwork and you don't need to set up your shop before seeking approval to open it?
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #284 on: March 19, 2016, 10:18:05 AM »

Does this mean it no longer takes 4 to 7 weeks to do the iinitial paperwork and you don't need to set up your shop before seeking approval to open it?

Setting up myself in business took 1 day to get the relevant paperwork in order, business bank account, and registered with the local tax office, 5 days later, the tax approval was through, job done.
It took 2 weeks to get my little official round stamp designed and made.
I work from home, but if I was in the market to set up a shop, it would be no different, as long as the premises owner had adhered to all relevant health and safety laws, and the premises had been inspected and approved.
HTH
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #285 on: March 20, 2016, 06:49:02 AM »

What kind of business are you building sites for?

Wayne

We are making our Team/Office photo shoot in the next to weeks to compliment the new corporate site as soon as we have done so I will post a link :)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #286 on: March 21, 2016, 08:27:33 PM »

As we both know, what you state is fine - in theory - but if you 'lucky' enough to encounter a corrupt / lazy official - the reality can be very different.

Ask Mr Moscow sausage man - John Warren

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2016, 11:14:45 AM »
Putin grants Steven Seagal Russian citizenship

https://www.rt.com/viral/365259-steven-seagal-russian-citizenship/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #288 on: November 04, 2016, 04:24:01 AM »

Offline Tom Cat

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #290 on: August 18, 2017, 04:54:05 PM »

Offline tonton

• RIP
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2017, 05:09:01 PM »
Traitor.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2017, 02:34:08 AM »
Traitor.

How so ?!

He wasn't in the Aussie line-up anymore..

I'd sail for the Russian Olympic team ...   if they have me ;))))) They only let me set the courses - if I'm lucky !

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #293 on: December 06, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #294 on: January 11, 2018, 03:23:02 AM »
A short while ago free tickets were still available.
When Alfy's target has finished checking her pudenda for cooties (see his avatar for clarification) maybe she will give him some pocket money so he can  go and pretend to be a proper person.

The members can't see the wonderful avatar you refer to as I didn't succumb to photobucket's blackmail

To remind the dear reader - you made a 'thang' of this ( claiming I was 'tight') - omitting to note several other members were also in the same boat and didn't reward photobucket's panicked change of policy 

As for the 'cooties'  you may be confusing your own life experiences with that of others....   

If manny ever chooses to allow me to post my own profile - I'll be sure to post the same avatar or possible a more recent one ;)

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #295 on: June 11, 2019, 05:01:31 PM »
Here is an example of someone from the US now living in Ukraine due to student loan debt. He also lived in China for several years doing teaching work there.  If he finds a FSU girlfriend there, he will have a lot of trouble in relocating her to this country.  Student debt is never removed from your credit reports.

"I think it's a disservice to tell children that if you go to college, you'll be successful,"

He would have taken a course online to learn about computer programming — "something like that, I guess."
   :thumbsup:

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/education/2019/06/11/student-loan-debt-pa-college-graduate-flees-country-escape/1329116001/
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Manny

« Reply #296 on: July 30, 2022, 10:10:57 AM »
I thought I'd wake this old topic up for our friend Westcoast. There's a video floating around Twitter that was probably made as satire, but to me is more like an actual advertisement to live in Russia. See what you think.

Just for Westy: https://twitter.com/ruadventures/status/1553411535367770113?s=20&t=7XHafsQeIn_E2yQ-v6njWw
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #297 on: July 30, 2022, 11:35:27 AM »
I thought I'd wake this old topic up for our friend Westcoast. There's a video floating around Twitter that was probably made as satire, but to me is more like an actual advertisement to live in Russia. See what you think.

Just for Westy: https://twitter.com/ruadventures/status/1553411535367770113?s=20&t=7XHafsQeIn_E2yQ-v6njWw

Putin gave Steven Seagal Russian citizenship along with that fat French actor but you never hear of these two making Russian movies or see their homes in Russia. Why?

Manny why haven't you settled in Russia? You've had years to learn Russian, to learn a skill set that would allow you to earn a living in Russia. Why are there so many pro Russia RUA members on RUA who would never consider moving permanently to Russia?
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Lon

Westcoast: Nobody immigrates to the FSU from the west.
« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2022, 01:31:39 PM »
  I have been watching the utuber, Nomad Capitalist, for some time now.

his shtick is "go where you are treated best".  meaning, in simple terms, low taxes.  or at least where you get best value for your taxes.  I think at this time he is living in Serbia, with various residences in several countries, to include Georgia.  he has, from what he has said, about a dozen passports, with a couple at least in FSU countries.

in his vids there are several that speak about Russia, although, not that I have noticed, after the war has started.

check his vids for different countries. use the search function.

he seems to have a bit of money and does live in the FSU.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2022, 01:57:26 PM »
There are plenty of Brits in Russia making PLENTY of money..

I have several mates who are multi millionaires living in St Petersburg who have a made a fortune here.. who have huge properties portfolios and lots more, were doing pretty well ourselves about to buy our next building project . Every thing is here if you want to make money and ready to work for it. I cant even tell you the amount of Indian guys doing well here, Mexicans, Italians and so on..

Red tape red tape red tape, corruption , corruption , corruption its all most think about when trying to settle in Russia .. yeah there is some.. and there is corruption so what! Nothing to bad.. One mate from the UK employs 400 staff at his printing company which he set up 20 years ago with Russian investors.. he's made a few million..

Most who arrive here to settle soon understand that there is no going back..life is way way to good here.. I could give you a whole load of examples of foreigners  that have done well here .but is personal information..

Most of you here are totally clueless about the opportunities in this great country.. which is a pity really.

Just a few days ago I was out with one of my mates checking his lake house out .. have many of you lot here got a million Euros to invest in one place and a plot of land .. :laugh:

Registration