The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Tattoos & Piercings Lose Favor in Russia  (Read 6089 times)

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Tattoos & Piercings Lose Favor in Russia
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 05:13:17 PM »
I have the name of the Welsh town in which I was born tattooed on my penis - "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch".

Manny is also from Wales, in 'Rhyl' but doesn't like to talk about his tattoo....
I have Miss on mine, reads Mississippi when........ :)
Mine was going to be "Super" which in and of itself should be fine.  However, I had to make use of the additional space, so I had them put the rest of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" on there....  :king:
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 05:14:48 PM »
I am a clean slate myself but don't mind some ink on my women as long as they don't skimp on the artwork.

A waste of perfectly good flesh... :sick0012:
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 09:36:51 PM »
A man who dares to make "high status" prison \camp tattoos without "deserving" it risks a lot, 'cause other prisoners would surely consider it disrespectful.

Right... I recalled i saw this documentary some time ago  :scared0005:

LOL "Gentleman" on left has several "Ladies" pictured with the word PUTAS ... spanglish for C U Next Tuesday - not a compliment...  even in the prison straight pimpin hip hop ghetto gangsta culture.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 10:15:25 PM »

LOL "Gentleman" on left has several "Ladies" pictured with the word PUTAS ... spanglish for C U Next Tuesday - not a compliment...  even in the prison straight pimpin hip hop ghetto gangsta culture.

Crazy stuff... I find it scary, but intriguing at the same time  :hidechair:  Not sure what "Lady" on the chest means, i think i read somewhere here that when tattooed on the arm it says 17th birthday spent in prison: http://vne3akona.narod.ru/
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline sashathecat

• Spouses Country: Ukraine baby!
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 10:47:06 PM »
The two gentleman on the video are Guatemalan gangbangers. The one on the lefts tattoo reads "I don't trust in anyone, much less in bitches". They look like MS13 members.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 11:31:42 PM »
The two gentleman on the video are Guatemalan gangbangers. The one on the lefts tattoo reads "I don't trust in anyone, much less in bitches". They look like MS13 members.

Googled that one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13   :hidechair:
Douglas Adams

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
Re: Tattoos & Piercings - weekly report from Russia
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 05:37:34 AM »
Thank you, Olga. I was hoping we would get a new report soon. tiphat I hate the neck tattoos. :(

New fitness-club report (attn.Larry!)

Friday, "housewives time" (means between 12 and 14).

Shower area - women in 30s-40s, no tattoos at all.

Lockers' room - one relatively young (though slightly overweight, at least by Russian standards) girl, with a green clover leaf tattoed on her... how to call this area? Not neck, not cheek... rather jaw? Under the left ear, or something like that.

OK, St-Patrick's day is approaching - but ON THE FACE... That's a bit too much, IMO  (:)
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 05:47:40 AM »

Lockers' room - one relatively young (though slightly overweight, at least by Russian standards) girl,

:offtopic:

that would be anything bigger than size 0  :laugh: ( & respect for that ;))
Douglas Adams

Offline Larry

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 09:06:21 AM »

:party0011:

Every time I see your post in this thread it's the first thread I open. Thanks for the report, Olga.

Lockers' room - one relatively young (though slightly overweight, at least by Russian standards) girl, with a green clover leaf tattoed on her... how to call this area? Not neck, not cheek... rather jaw? Under the left ear, or something like that.

OK, St-Patrick's day is approaching - but ON THE FACE... That's a bit too much, IMO  (:)

A tattoo on the face.  :o :(  I hope scientists are working on a painless and inexpensive tattoo removal machine.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 04:21:28 PM »
Thank you, Olga. I was hoping we would get a new report soon. tiphat I hate the neck tattoos. :(

+1  I am so glad the one promise I kept to my mother was NO tattoos on her "baby" when I served on nuclear submarines... the guys that got tattoos back then were from San Diego asian "artists" whose idea of a kool tattoo was a flame breathing technicolor dragon running the length of their arm - more of a joke on the guy who got it really. 

Though today there are 7 tattoo parlors in our downtown district - a sign of social decay or just cross border opportunism with nanny nation sanctimonious peoples republic of Massachusetts... which restrict said parlors in many towns - like they do head shops. 

The state of the art in photo realistic tattoos is now to the point where you can get a photographic quality tattoo of your favorite dog, woman and or kids which if done tastefully would not be too bad. 

Then you have to wonder if "body art" is really the "666" mark of Satan.

A real possibility considering most of the tattoo artists I have seen seem to think that looking like a Disciple of Satan is the mandatory fashion in the trade.  Not too many Picassos or Monets among them.  Much of their tatt work comprises skulls and various grim reaper themes - go figure...

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 04:31:59 PM »

Then you have to wonder if "body art" is really the "666" mark of Satan.

:-X I have quite a philosophical understanding of what constitutes the Opponent, but indeed tattoos are forbidden in the Torah. I avoid bringing it up as many people love theirs, and even kids in my family have them - tiny, symbolical ones, but still; anyway, i loathe tattoos. I did want to get one when i was a teen and i couldn't be happier now that my parents were strongly against it/ threatened to disown me ;)
Douglas Adams

Offline Larry

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 04:38:50 PM »
This is a particularly awful tattoo:

Let's hope true love runs a smooth course for this lady - for she's had her boyfriend's name emblazoned across her face - just 24 hours after meeting him.

The woman, known as Lesya, was so taken with new love tattooist Ruslan Toumaniantz, she allowed him to carve his name in five-inch high Gothic script across her right cheek.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/04/lesya-boyfriend-ruslan-toumaniantz-tattoo-name-face_n_2615450.html

Here is the formerly attractive Lesya:

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 04:41:16 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/yakuza-liver-transplants/

Another reason why over doing it with tatts is a bad idea...

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 04:44:23 PM »

Let's hope true love runs a smooth course for this lady - for she's had her boyfriend's name emblazoned across her face - just 24 hours after meeting him.

The woman, known as Lesya, was so taken with new love tattooist Ruslan Toumaniantz, she allowed him to carve his name in five-inch high Gothic script across her right cheek.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/04/lesya-boyfriend-ruslan-toumaniantz-tattoo-name-face_n_2615450.html

She is lucky that Ruslan is not an uncommon name as that is all she will be able to date when her body Artist dumps her.

Offline Anathema

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2015, 05:45:59 PM »

Holy  :rolleye0009:  :sick0002:

Why!?

Offline Larry

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2015, 06:02:38 PM »

Why!?

I suppose B.B. offered the likeliest explanation, on the first page of this thread:

On of my regulars is heavily tatted, but manages to pull it off.  I dislike it, generally.  I told her that she is only permitted one more tattoo, which is to read "PROPERTY OF B/B" in block letters.  :chuckle:

I've told her that I am going to tell her father to hug her tightly and tell her he loves her every day for a month, so she can stop getting inked.

Or maybe she was just effed in the head.

Offline sashathecat

• Spouses Country: Ukraine baby!
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2015, 09:32:38 PM »
A tattoo on the face.  :o :(  I hope scientists are working on a painless and inexpensive tattoo removal machine.

Laser tattoo removal currently, but a PhD student is in the final stages of testing a low cost cream that appears to be very effective.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2015, 06:39:29 AM »

Why!?

I suppose B.B. offered the likeliest explanation, on the first page of this thread:

On of my regulars is heavily tatted, but manages to pull it off.  I dislike it, generally.  I told her that she is only permitted one more tattoo, which is to read "PROPERTY OF B/B" in block letters.  :chuckle:

I've told her that I am going to tell her father to hug her tightly and tell her he loves her every day for a month, so she can stop getting inked.

Don't be so hasty; girls with daddy issues are typically wildcats in the sack.  :chuckle:

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2015, 07:12:24 AM »

Why!?

Don't be so hasty; girls with daddy issues are typically wildcats in the sack.  :chuckle:

B/B

This is a very true statement   :party0031:

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2017, 02:22:56 PM »

B/B

So are ministers daughters
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2017, 02:48:37 AM »
Sadly, Tatoos seem to be gaining in popularity - judging by the beach bodies I've observed in Sochi  :( :( :(

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2017, 05:30:02 AM »
Sadly, Tatoos seem to be gaining in popularity - judging by the beach bodies I've observed in Sochi  :( :( :(

I can agree with that! St Petersburg is absolutely full of young women covered in tattoos and piercing , usually all down the arms chest and neck , most of the girls in the beauty salon in our block have tattoos , one who regularly cuts my hair has so many piercings I lost count  :laugh:

Well its a free world people can do as they please  :)
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!