The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Everything was fantastic, then, silence.  (Read 6325 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Everything was fantastic, then, silence.
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 11:52:17 AM »
So, she's a refugee and already got a place in university. Hmmm... I doubt it.

However, assume she is genuine: she is a refugee, living in refugee accommodation with no guarantee in respect of staying on in Russia, although the Russians have doubled the length of time that refugees can stay in the country to IIRC 6 months.

She has got a lot more going on than dealing with you.

The sensible man, at this point, would drop back, stop pretending he had a girlfriend, you don't and you never did - not her anyway.

Provide the support she may well need, reassurance, advice, just time. But lay off the sexy times girlfriend crap unless she comes on with such stuff but as you go along with her remember she is a lonely refugee in a strange place and whatever she is feeling is not likely to be long term or even real.

If you do that stuff and then she finds a new home and life you can be part of it and grow into something more, if you both want it. Right now, she needs a an internet boyfriend like a hole in the head, but she may need you.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline sparky114

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 12:22:37 AM »
I have only read you thread very quickly but i picked up on that she is in Rostov on Don where i live for some periods through the year with my Wife

Just to let you know Rostov on Don airport will be closed in September and partially closed in October so travel to the area is going to be restricted

HTH
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Orchid

• Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 12:31:47 AM »
I have only read you thread very quickly but i picked up on that she is in Rostov on Don where i live for some periods through the year with my Wife

Just to let you know Rostov on Don airport will be closed in September and partially closed in October so travel to the area is going to be restricted

HTH
Why? What happened there?

Offline sparky114

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2014, 07:25:35 AM »

HTH

Its for Renovation and upgrading work

http://www.aeroport-rostov.ru/press/news/
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Orchid

• Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 04:20:25 PM »

HTH

Its for Renovation and upgrading work

http://www.aeroport-rostov.ru/press/news/

Thanks.

Offline SOUTHERN X

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 07:43:55 PM »
US PILOT

it has  not been mentioned here yet, & maybe it has no bearing on what happened , however rostov is in the russian federation very close to the conflict zone with ukraine terrorists , you are american yes ?

it very well could be that after her move their she has discovered uni mates and others who are possibly influencing her opinion on america & americans negatively , their is a lot of anti propoganda on both sides

id not discount this in her thinking about her continued contact with you

SX