The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: I was scammed, can i file a criminal complaint with Russian authorities  (Read 32062 times)

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: I was scammed, can i file a criminal complaint with Russian authorities
« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2014, 12:22:50 PM »
@Bill "..I think you got off on the wrong foot arguing with everybody and taking offense. ."
Shaming tactic doesnt work so well for me, and i just received 1100 euro payback the other 1400 will be repayed in installments.

What advice should I have taken from the residential white knights?

Wow, on Friday you announced that she agreed to pay you back and today on Sunday you already received 1400 euros? How did she get that money to you so fast? I didn't know there was a service out there that was that quick, especially over a weekend.

you already received 1400 euros?  You cant even read 2 lines you quoted from me in your own reply,?

Yes , money transfer system is a bit more primitive in the US then in most places.

Whoops, got that mixed up, my mistake.

And since we are on the subject of not being able to read... where did I say I was from the US? Or did you think that Canada was part of the US because we are on the same continent?    :laugh:

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2014, 12:40:06 PM »
It took me 4 days to get money wired from Canada to a Ukraine bank. Even Western Union took 2 days for some reason.... then she had to go back the next day because the outlet she went to didn't have enough money on hand to pay her the $800.00.   (:)

Moneygram takes 5 minutes.  I can send Tanya money to one of dozens of locations in Ufa and she can have it in her hands in the time it takes her to drive there once I press Enter.  Pretty handy.

I wish I knew all of this 3 years ago when I was sending money to Iryna,  I didn't know there was ways this fast to send money over there. Especially on non business days like weekends. Good to know, thanks.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #227 on: July 14, 2014, 01:14:56 PM »
L4L, I don't believe that you got any money back, I do believe you are full of shit.
I think you made far to many mistakes and not man enough to own it.
Now that nobody agree's with you, everyone can't read, is a troll or taking advantage of someone,
funny except you. I go with the majority on this one, your an idiot.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #228 on: July 14, 2014, 02:38:49 PM »
It took me 4 days to get money wired from Canada to a Ukraine bank. Even Western Union took 2 days for some reason.... then she had to go back the next day because the outlet she went to didn't have enough money on hand to pay her the $800.00.   (:)

Moneygram takes 5 minutes.  I can send Tanya money to one of dozens of locations in Ufa and she can have it in her hands in the time it takes her to drive there once I press Enter.  Pretty handy.

I wish I knew all of this 3 years ago when I was sending money to Iryna,  I didn't know there was ways this fast to send money over there. Especially on non business days like weekends. Good to know, thanks.

No problem.  The money is issued in USD or EUR so she has to exchange it but that is no big deal.  To give you another example, Tanya blew out 2 tires after hitting one of the notorious craters in the road (Sunday night her time) so I sent her money to buy new ones at 16.00 yesterday afternoon my time (SUN) and she was able to pick it up when the bank opened this morning (Monday her time).

Now if I can just get her to stop admiring the moon while driving... :chuckle:
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #229 on: July 14, 2014, 04:47:38 PM »
L4L, I don't believe that you got any money back...

I don't believe him either; his oblique, evasive answers are hallmarks of dishonesty.

Offline looking4love

• Spouses Country: none
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2014, 05:48:25 PM »
L4L, I don't believe that you got any money back...
I don't believe him either; his oblique, evasive answers are hallmarks of dishonesty.
Dishonest...Ah the self righteous maxploiter speaks. A 30 year age difference is totally  obscene! :sick0012:  My God , you have no decency!!  :scared0005:  Ah well, if you have a couple of years left, tomT  :GRAVE:  might aswell live it up, no?

and sure.. I get it..., your generation (and the rest of the babyboomers on this forum) would have stayed on the Titanic,.., women first and scammers need to be forgiven/saved....but no... No babyboomer white knighting here. People like me ripp scammers a new one, and ,.., I dont stay on the Titanic, women learn how to swim instead of being a willing tool to maxploiters.

Offline looking4love

« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2014, 05:50:44 PM »
".. where did I say I was from the US?.."

Well, you know what they say...if it walks like a duck...

Offline AJ

« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2014, 06:25:02 PM »
No true scammer would pay you back.

Its that simple. Believe what you want to obviously,
 but I assure you no scammer with initial intent to  defraud you in a travel money scam would send  anything back, ever.
They would not be intimidated by you contacting the police or a local attorney in a case like this where a lot of grey area , he said /she said was involved..
The scammer could pay either off easily ,in many cases,  unless you went into some bidding war for local *justice* which is laughable.

So, we likely end up with a woman who was interested in you,at some point,  sending you the money back.
I'm sure you view that as a positive.

Good luck.

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2014, 07:05:22 PM »

Well, if we are using that line of reasoning then based on your posts you are saying that I should think you are a clueless fool who has his head up his arse. I've tried to keep an open mind and not think that, but if you insist!!!    tiphat

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2014, 07:34:33 PM »
@Bill "..Your ability to incorrectly analyze information and advice is astonishing. .."

YouR lack of reading comprehension is not my concern.

:laugh:

Well, if we are using that line of reasoning then based on your posts

Come on, when you come from a large country like Luxembourg
it's hard to keep track of tiny inconsequential countries like
Canada and the US.  ;D
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline TomT

« Reply #235 on: July 14, 2014, 08:13:30 PM »
Hi folks,

I have been chatting with a women for some time, i thought i knew her,.., and i send her money for Shengen visa for her and her child ,to meet me this summer.

After she got the money (I used real bankaccount not WU).  There was all kinds of weird drama and discussion popping up, So i suspected she wanted to start a shitstorm and find reason not to come

Anyway, i just said, listen, we not even met and we already do this just after you get th emoney, I think better we call off the whole thing and sned me back the money

She is keeping the money for sure,.., its quite a lot as she lives in Ufa city...and it was travel money to cover the expense.   

I read about filing a criminal complaint as Russia seems to crack down on scammers..., is this so,.., I am looking on how to do this there is a website
http://www.russian-dating-scams.com/scams/criminal_complaint.htm

But some linsk dont work, I thought i would ask the experts here where I could do such a thing

Cheers.

Now that more is known about the OP, the situation described in his opening post becomes clear: after he sent the money, HE got weird and controlling because he felt that he had bought an economically compromised girl. She had the good sense to have second thoughts about wasting her time with the obnoxious bugger.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #236 on: July 14, 2014, 08:53:32 PM »
Hi folks,

I have been chatting with a women for some time, i thought i knew her,.., and i send her money for Shengen visa for her and her child ,to meet me this summer.

After she got the money (I used real bankaccount not WU).  There was all kinds of weird drama and discussion popping up, So i suspected she wanted to start a shitstorm and find reason not to come

Anyway, i just said, listen, we not even met and we already do this just after you get th emoney, I think better we call off the whole thing and sned me back the money

She is keeping the money for sure,.., its quite a lot as she lives in Ufa city...and it was travel money to cover the expense.   

I read about filing a criminal complaint as Russia seems to crack down on scammers..., is this so,.., I am looking on how to do this there is a website
http://www.russian-dating-scams.com/scams/criminal_complaint.htm

But some linsk dont work, I thought i would ask the experts here where I could do such a thing

Cheers.

Now that more is known about the OP, the situation described in his opening post becomes clear: after he sent the money, HE got weird and controlling because he felt that he had bought an economically compromised girl. She had the good sense to have second thoughts about wasting her time with the obnoxious bugger.

You nailed it Tom. He is upset because he couldn't complete his scam on her.

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #237 on: July 15, 2014, 12:04:13 AM »

And she not only got out of being one of several imported playthings of this bloke, but got a few quid for her trouble as well. Clever woman.

Looks like the OP is bitching because he was outsmarted.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Ladine

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #238 on: July 15, 2014, 01:26:33 AM »

And she not only got out of being one of several imported playthings of this bloke, but got a few quid for her trouble as well. Clever woman.

vivid example of the boys think that our can buy as a toy. and no matter what we are in real life. They like the image on the photo that you created yourself. and then do the normal people of scammers  ;D
smart will learn - a fool would teach.
Никогда не оправдывайся, если ты невиновен. Если в вас бросают грязью, к вам может и не долететь. А руки того, кто это делает, останутся в грязи. Люблю вас всех.

Offline TomT

« Reply #239 on: July 15, 2014, 06:49:18 AM »

1) People tend to repeat what's on their minds and he repeated his maxploiter (sic) theme much too often.
2) His interaction with other members revealed him to be obnoxious and spiteful.
3) He displayed a superiority complex, even though no such superiority was in evidence.
4) Everyone who didn't agree with him is a "troll," as NS1 correctly pointed out.
5) His delete-my-profile tantrum was a classical example of drama-queen behavior.
6) He considers threats to be a normal part of interaction with the opposite gender.
7) He was surprised by her reluctance to visit because he lacks empathy, a hallmark of the antisocial.

No doubt, the girl saw some of these and other warning signs in the course of their communication, which intensified after he established ownership for the bargain-basement price of somewhat more than 3000 USD. 

Offline Manny

« Reply #240 on: July 15, 2014, 07:56:34 AM »

1) People tend to repeat what's on their minds and he repeated his maxploiter (sic) theme much too often.
2) His interaction with other members revealed him to be obnoxious and spiteful.
3) He displayed a superiority complex, even though no such superiority was in evidence.
4) Everyone who didn't agree with him is a "troll," as NS1 correctly pointed out.
5) His delete-my-profile tantrum was a classical example of drama-queen behavior.
6) He considers threats to be a normal part of interaction with the opposite gender.
7) He was surprised by her reluctance to visit because he lacks empathy, a hallmark of the antisocial.

No doubt, the girl saw some of these and other warning signs in the course of their communication, which intensified after he established ownership for the bargain-basement price of somewhat more than 3000 USD.

I cant disagree with any of that, Tom.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline WOVO

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #241 on: July 15, 2014, 09:52:49 AM »
Already 17 pages !!!!  :fighting0025:

Can you advice me how to become a flying pig trainer?    tiphat

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #242 on: July 15, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »

Dead on the money Tom, Perfect description.
Lucky for her she was smart enough to see through this, save herself and her child
much future grief, what money she got, she and her daughter more than deserved.
Hope they both got a nice, normal holiday out of it.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline looking4love

« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2014, 09:54:02 AM »
Decided to take a looksie after some time,
See the trolls and white knight manginas are out in full force.
Trolls have a tendency to misread and just plain make shit up, thats just how it is.

People who marry women with 35+ age difference are maxploiters..,

you dont marry someone who could be your granddaughter, thats plain sick! (disclaimer: No TomT its not about you, this is a universal statement)

Defending such people, well,.., that shows several levels of dysfunction on the part of the defender.

Repeat:  I got 1000 euro (1400 usd) back , I am repeating myself, because trolls think they can post a bunch of shit in an attempt to burry this fact.

Seeking legal action against a scam, is not a "threat" its using the law its supposed to  be used.
Russia has good anti scam laws originating from the 2000's (thanks Putin).

--
I think no "delete profile" exist so Manny can claim he has xxx "members" while this is not the case. I can understand he needs to look good when selling advert real estate.

Offline Boris

« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »
Council first.
  consultation with a lawyer of his country

Council second
  hire a lawyer in Russia (and it is very expensive and plus aggression against America for Ukrainian policy)

America doesn't come into this, the guy is European.

A lawyer in his own country is equally useless.

If he wants to sue someone in Russia, he hires a Russian lawyer. If he ever got a judgement, he'll never see the money. He will simply have an expensive piece of paper in a language he cant read. As $3k seems a lot to him, he wont pay Russian court fees to prove a point will he?

I doubt a Russian court would be very sympathetic anyway.

He is angry because he knows he did a silly thing. Normal reaction I suppose for some.

A better question to L4L is why when he is in Europe himself did he not get himself on a plane to there sometime in the last two years?

:-))))))))

After reading your comments here and on other threads (especially towards a specific FSU lady) where you lose control of your emotions and spout feces through the wrong orifice I can only come to one conclusion. You sir are what my British friends would call a " :censored: " in the truest form of the word when they use it as a grave insult. You may take out your white glove if you feel put upon...

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2014, 10:31:46 AM »
I think no "delete profile" exist so Manny can claim he has xxx "members" while this is not the case. I can understand he needs to look good when selling advert real estate.

Imagine how it would screw up threads if suddenly all the posts of an individual
were removed. Members should think before they post or else risk looking like
a jackass by all who read their drivel. If I were somehow able to delete all my
posts then several hundred threads would have one sided conversations and
make no sense at all. That's why you can't delete yourself.

Udachi

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Boris

« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2014, 10:42:44 AM »
Go in peace man, no one here wishes you any further harm, but we hope you learn and get over your anger  :popcorn:

Agree 100%. Lesson learned and he got off cheap. There are 1000's of person's every year who get scammed in money or marriage who wish they could push a magic button and have L4L problem instead. I am speaking from first hand experience here.

How true, Maxx. 3k is nothing.....

Offline looking4love

« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2014, 06:49:55 AM »
He will simply have an expensive piece of paper in a language he cant read. As $3k seems a lot to him, he wont pay Russian court fees to prove a point will he?

A better question to L4L is why when he is in Europe himself did he not get himself on a plane to there sometime in the last two years?

:-))))))))

After reading your comments here and on other threads (especially towards a specific FSU lady) where you lose control of your emotions and spout feces through the wrong orifice I can only come to one conclusion. You sir are what my British friends would call a " :censored: " in the truest form of the word when they use it as a grave insult. You may take out your white glove if you feel put upon...

Considering the bold,  you want to read that well,  facts get in the way of trolling behavior.,

Repeat again to the trolls: I was in a releationship with a Finnish women, so me and "Russia" were just friends, so not getting on a plane! Maybe in the USA people just  :censored:  everyone, but I have standards.

Offline looking4love

« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2014, 06:51:59 AM »

Imagine how [SNIP nonsnese] That's why you can't delete yourself.

Udachi

Lot of forums can delete profiles, so this excuse is moot.

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2014, 07:22:38 AM »
Je hebt een les geleerd. Tijd om verder te gaan. Succes in de toekomst!
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration