The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Belarus Visa- need replacement  (Read 573 times)

Offline aloyshak

• Trips: 1-5
Belarus Visa- need replacement
« on: June 22, 2014, 09:16:39 AM »
Here is my situation.  I found a lady(from russiancupid.com and not an agency)  I clicked with and visited her in February in Belarus for a week.  We are hit it off and talk on skype every day. I met her parents and sister during my last trip and everything is going smooth.  One glitch...I stopped in Poland for sightseeing before going into Belarus and my US Passport got lost (either taken from my pocket while I was taking pictures or lost..I cannot be 100% certain which).  I went to the US embassy and was promptly issued a new passport.  My previous passport had a copy of my Belarusian visa for late June and early July.  I will go to the Belarus embassy monday morning (it is Sunday evening here.)
My questions:
1. Is it possible to get the Visa replaced within a day or two or will it take longer?
2. Will presenting previous information (fortunately I have a copy of the VERY FIRST Visa to Belarus) help?
3. How should I approach this: apply for a new Visa or ask them to simply replace the previous one?

If you have been in a similar situation or know how to approach this, your advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.