The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Passport and Visas for Russians  (Read 593 times)

Offline Ward_Cleaver

• Trips: 1-5
Passport and Visas for Russians
« on: June 13, 2014, 11:57:54 AM »
Ms. Novosibirsk and I have planned a trip to Novosibirsk to visit her friends and family before starting work here in August.  She has scheduled her interview for her L-1 visa during our layover in Moscow.  This morning she thought of a detail that may be a problem for us.  She will leave her passport in Moscow for processing while we are in Novosibirsk and have it mailed to her there.  But how will she travel from Moscow to Novosibirsk without a passport?  This is not something I imagined being a problem because we Americans regularly travel withing the US with only our driver's licences as identification.  I would think she could do the same thing since she has a Russian driver's licence.  Also, she has two Russian passports.  I thought one was for travel within her country and one was for travel abroad.  But I realize that I don't understand their system.  It seems like a simple thing to me but I don't know.  I'm curious to hear what you may all have to say about this.  Thanks.

Offline Danchik

• Trips: Resident
Re: Passport and Visas for Russians
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 12:09:54 PM »
She can travel inside Russia with her domestic passport
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.