The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Bikini beach in Kazan  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
Bikini beach in Kazan
« on: June 10, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »
It's not on the bank of the Volga.  It's a huge swimming pool.

Thats a Packed Beach

Not really a beach but a pool in Kazan, Russia. “When it takes a few thousand kilometers to get to the real beach, such places are in high demand”, says Sergey, who climbed a twenty-six story building to take these photos of a resort in the Tatarstan republic of Russia where people flock these summer days to get some sun and swimming fun.

More photos at the link:

http://englishrussia.com/2014/06/09/thats-a-packed-beach/#more-147914

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

You have to admire the FSUW's commitment to sunshine, tanning, and vitamin D absorption, as well as their preference for the bikini.

If you took a photo of a huge swimming pool like this in the US, you'd likely see far more one-piece swimsuits.  Lots of AW take a dim view of the bikini, even when worn by other AW.  Here's an example:

Woman Claims She Was Told To Leave Water Park Because Her Bikini Bottoms Were Too Small

A woman who visited a Missouri water park this week is claiming that she was told to leave after employees allegedly said she should put on shorts because her swimsuit bottoms were too small...

According to KSHB.com, the woman and her group were at the Independence, Mo. water park yesterday afternoon. When she got into the pool with her niece and nephew, she claims two employees approached her and said she needed to put on shorts. She says she asked to speak to a supervisor, and was subsequently told to either cover up or go home.

... “It’s summertime, it’s a swimming pool — I’m wearing a swimming suit,” she says.

http://consumerist.com/2013/07/03/woman-claims-she-was-asked-to-leave-water-park-because-her-bikini-bottoms-were-too-small/

If you want to see that woman in her bikini you can go here. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ggrrgr-article-1.1396929

A former RW girlfriend of mine was in the US on a J1 visa some  years ago. She and another RW went to a beach in Florida wearing normal bikinis.  An AW went up to them and said they could not wear bikinis on the beach.  They didn't know anything about US law, so they left.

Offline Maxx

Re: Bikini beach in Kazan
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »
This a relevant topic for RW coming to the US. Looking too hot can get you into trouble in the "Land of the Puritans."

Offline Maxx

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 11:10:18 AM »
A former RW girlfriend of mine was in the US on a J1 visa some  years ago. She and another RW went to a beach in Florida wearing normal bikinis.  An AW went up to them and said they could not wear bikinis on the beach.  They didn't know anything about US law, so they left.

I got to tell one of my stories. I guy I called the other night is married to a UW. The story was that his wife and two of her UW girlfriends went to his elderly mother's house to swim in her pool behind the house. The backyard has the usual low height fences surrounding it. So these three women go out there and strip to nothing and go skinny dipping for the whole neighborhood to see. The mother who told me this story was mortified what her neighbors thought. I met this guy's wife at a dinner with him (they are and were separated). She comes in with her rather large bosoms thrust out. Sits down. He slides her the support money in an envelop across the table and asks her to count it discreetly. She ignores him and holds the hundred dollar bills up and counts them for all the restaurant patrons to see. They were watching. This guy is slinking below his seat thinking everyone is thinking his wife,who is BTW 20 years younger than him, is a hooker. The best word to describe her by using his mother's parlance is "brazen hussy." In my conversation with her I never have met a more blunt woman in my life. The questions she would ask!  :o

Offline Larry

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »
This a relevant topic for RW coming to the US. Looking too hot can get you into trouble in the "Land of the Puritans."

Those aren't isolated occurrences.  This was a particularly appalling firing:

After working as a dental assistant for ten years, Melissa Nelson was fired for being too “irresistible” and a “threat” to her employer’s marriage...

On Friday, the all-male Iowa State Supreme Court ruled that James Knight, Nelson’s boss, was within his legal rights when he fired her, affirming the decision of a lower court.

“We do think the Iowa Supreme Court got it completely right,” said Stuart Cochrane, an attorney for James Knight. “Our position has always been Mrs. Nelson was never terminated because of her gender, she was terminated because of concerns her behavior was not appropriate in the workplace. She’s an attractive lady. Dr. Knight found her behavior and dress to be inappropriate.”

For Nelson, a 32-year-old married mother of two, the news of her firing and the rationale behind it came as a shock.
“I was very surprised after working so many years side by side I didn’t have any idea that that would have crossed his mind,” she said. The two never had a sexual relationship or sought one, according to court documents, however in the final year and a half of Nelson’s employment, Knight began to make comments about her clothing being too tight or distracting.

“Dr. Knight acknowledges he once told Nelson that if she saw his pants bulging, she would know her clothing was too revealing,” the justices wrote.*

Six months before Nelson was fired, she and her boss began exchanging text messages about work and personal matters, such as updates about each of their children’s  activities, the justices wrote. The messages were mostly mundane, but Nelson recalled one text she received from her boss asking “how often she experienced an orgasm.”
Nelson did not respond to the text and never indicated that she was uncomfortable with Knight’s question, according to court documents.

Soon after, Knight’s wife, Jeanne, who also works at the practice, found out about the text messaging and ordered her husband to fire Nelson.

The couple consulted with a senior pastor at their church and he agreed that Nelson should be terminated in order to protect their marriage, Cochrane said. On Jan. 4, 2010, Nelson was summoned to a meeting with Knight while a pastor was present. Knight then read from a prepared statement telling Nelson she was fired.

“Dr. Knight felt like for the best interest of his marriage and the best interest of hers to end their employment relationship,” Cochrane said. Knight acknowledged in court documents that Nelson was good at her job and she, in turn, said she was generally treated with respect. “I’m devastated. I really am,” Nelson said.

When Nelson’s husband tried to reason with Knight, the dentist told him he “feared he would have an affair with her down the road if he did not fire her.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/melissa-nelson-dental-assistant-fired-for-being-irresistible-is-devastated/

* The dentist contends HER behavior in the workplace was inappropriate yet HE tells her she's getting him ...
and asking her how often she has orgasms.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 11:17:01 AM »

When Nelson’s husband tried to reason with Knight, the dentist told him he “feared he would have an affair with her down the road if he did not fire her.”[/size]

* The dentist contends HER behavior in the workplace was inappropriate yet HE tells her she's getting him ...
and asking her how often she has orgasms.

America is the "Land of the Strange" for sure

Registration