The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The View from the Russian Side on the Subject of Ukraine.  (Read 142943 times)

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: The View from the Russian Side on the Subject of Ukraine.
« Reply #2400 on: April 05, 2016, 03:48:52 PM »

Pure phooking NUTZ!  No wonder Canadian Gray Squirrels are thriving there across the UK.

1/ Kindly recall that Wiz is a naturalised Greek.

Naturalised British I think..

Naturalization (or naturalisation) is the legal act or process by which a non-citizen in a country may acquire citizenship or nationality of that country. It may be done by a statute, without any effort on the part of the individual, or it may involve an application and approval by legal authorities.

Another Msmoby TM fail

Its nothing to do with  Neutering then?  :duh:

I am Naturalised British, have acquired British citizenship as a reward for my “good character” and  dutiful “services provided” to many neglected English roses, her Majesty’s subjects.

I have found my Ithaca in my adopted country, assimilated in its culture and unlike others prefer to live here.  :thumbsup:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2401 on: April 05, 2016, 10:04:11 PM »

Pure phooking NUTZ!  No wonder Canadian Gray Squirrels are thriving there across the UK.

1/ Kindly recall that Wiz is a naturalised Greek...

2/ There are several places in the UK where the little red fellas are holding their own..

LOL We have red squirrels here as well - they are about 3/4s the size of grays and whereas grays are rather friendly and tame enough over time to eat from your hand - the reds are feisty little terrors and when out fishing I have seen them climb up on a rock and chatter and gnash their teeth loudly letting you know you are not welcome on their ground - only to get swooprd by a red tail hawk...  there is always someone willing more cunning and able to take you out no matter how tough you are.  This is why I love Nukes.

Online Texan77

« Reply #2402 on: April 05, 2016, 10:53:17 PM »
What utility company had been looted and what was taken from it?

Start your education here: http://www.globalresearch.ca/company-in-which-us-vice-president-joe-bidens-son-is-director-prepares-to-drill-shale-gas-in-east-ukraine/5393403

I did not see this before now. Let me see if I can understand what you are saying here. A Ukrainian gas company that has Joe Biden's son as a minor board member was going to drill for gas in the Ukraine in 2014. What do gas companies do whether Joe Biden's son is on the board of directors or not? Hint "They drill for gas." No thief!!! This gas field is a shale field that is more expensive to drill than the ones in the USA.  Since then the price of gas has clasps and the deposit are worthless until the price of gas improves but you somehow think the USA is stealing gas assets from the Ukraine. This is your normal thinking. If it can possibly be twisted into someone in the USA doing something bad you will make that twist even if it ridicules.

There are also relatives of Kerry and other US politicians been slotted into key positions in Ukrainian utility and other state companies. Let's not kid ourselves these people coincidentally all just happen to have some key skill needed in these companies that necessitates hiring people who don't even speak the language.

Lets not forget such nepotism is common in the US as politics and business overlap so much.

First the gas company the Joe biden's son work for is not a state gas company. It is a private company. None of it assets belong to the government of Ukraine. This is a drilling company that raise private money to drill test wells all over the Ukraine hoping to finds more gas. How can Joe Biden's son take state assets when the company he works for is not a state company??
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #2403 on: April 05, 2016, 11:01:25 PM »

The catalyst for the Syrian problem was the US of A.

Get your facts right

Whilst I am certain that that Assad's demise was the wish of many players outside Syria.... WITHIN the nation - most assuredly the catalyst was Tarek el-Tayeb Mohamed Bouazizi -following years of oppressive governance and corrupt practices  - when folks dared to march and protest - peacefully - they met tanks and a hail of bullets..

So, did the 'USA' shot those  demonstrators  ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #2404 on: April 05, 2016, 11:03:47 PM »

LOL We have red squirrels here as well - they are about 3/4s the size of grays and whereas grays are rather friendly and tame enough over time to eat from your hand - the reds are feisty little terrors and when out fishing I have seen them climb up on a rock and chatter and gnash their teeth loudly letting you know you are not welcome on their ground - only to get swooprd by a red tail hawk...  there is always someone willing more cunning and able to take you out no matter how tough you are.  This is why I love Nukes.

Cuffy - it's your 'cute' Greys that have nearly wiped out the 'aggressive' Reds  :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #2405 on: April 05, 2016, 11:10:25 PM »

Quote from: msmoby
Kindly recall that Wiz is a naturalised Greek.

Naturalised British I think..

Quite

A typographic howler on my count ..

Another Msmoby  fail

Another, is correct - as you correctly picked me up re Maria Sharapova's birth place

Imagine my 'delight' if you were  so quick to admit your MANY howlers ...  :coffeeread:

Offline Anteros

« Reply #2406 on: April 06, 2016, 12:21:28 AM »
As bent as a nine bob note..

Same happens everywhere they invade/topple the leadership or otherwise interfere in. Why they are so angry Russia kept Assad in place and stopped the regime change machine in its tracks. Syrian utilities and telecoms are now safe from American interlopers and looters.

Also NO US planned gas pipeline from Qatar to Europe..  That's really what's pissing the Yanks off about the whole affair.. :ROFL:

US Pipeline from Qatar to Europe???

Across hostile Saudi and Suez regions?  What are you blokes smoking in your hash pipes PCP?

This is why there are these big boats called ULCC and LNG tankers...

You blokes are a bunch of butty nutters or is it nutty butters?

Ahem..

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-secret-stupid-saudi-us-deal-on-syria/5410130

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/is-the-fight-over-a-gas-pipeline-fuelling-the-worlds-bloodiest-conflict/news-story/74efcba9554c10bd35e280b63a9afb74

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar-Turkey_pipeline

Now just who really is a  butty nutter or is it nutty butter?

This is another one of those conspiracy theories which I doubt is true.  When Trump wins the White House the only pipeline he's going to be concerned with is the Keystone pipeline.  Once that is up and running and also once he gives permission to drill and frack on some Federal lands oil will remain about $40 to $50 a barrel.  We won't need any stinking Middle East oil and we won't care too much about Europe anymore either.   :coffeeread:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #2407 on: April 06, 2016, 01:14:44 AM »
This is another one of those conspiracy theories which I doubt is true.  When Trump wins the White House the only pipeline he's going to be concerned with is the Keystone pipeline.  Once that is up and running and also once he gives permission to drill and frack on some Federal lands oil will remain about $40 to $50 a barrel.  We won't need any stinking Middle East oil and we won't care too much about Europe anymore either.   :coffeeread:

It is not about the US ..... learn to read ....

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,20905.msg436816.html#msg436816

You just proved to be not only ignorant and brainewshed but blind too!  :sick0012:

Read also the links in the article to learn.......facts.
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #2408 on: April 06, 2016, 01:21:33 AM »

This is another one of those conspiracy theories which I doubt is true.

Wiz loves his wack job anti-establishment sites .. :'(

When Trump wins the White House the only pipeline he's going to be concerned with is the Keystone pipeline.  Once that is up and running and also once he gives permission to drill and frack on some Federal lands oil will remain about $40 to $50 a barrel.  We won't need any stinking Middle East oil and we won't care too much about Europe anymore either.   :coffeeread:

IF Trump wins - if you can't figure it out - that's what many people who don't like the USA want ... I suspect many of his promises will quickly become clear were vacuous ..

I'm STILL trying to get my head around a nation made up of many immigrants - many from Europe - who forcibly removed the indigenous people from their lands - now suggesting that a 'wall' must be erected to stop immigration - from the indigenous people to the south...

Offline Manny

« Reply #2409 on: April 06, 2016, 02:53:31 AM »
I'm STILL trying to get my head around a nation made up of many immigrants - many from Europe - who forcibly removed the indigenous people from their lands - now suggesting that a 'wall' must be erected to stop immigration - from the indigenous people to the south...

Your confusion is because common sense doesn't feature in fuzzy thinking leftism. The US has the same problems with immigration we do; only the groups differ. What happened with the natives so long ago doesn't really have any bearing on today. It just gives pious hand-wringers a fake platform from which to bleat.

As we all know, the US welcomes productive immigrants from anywhere, like we do. They understandably don't want to be the host nation to the worlds poor, like we don't.

However, the topic here is "The View from the Russian Side on the Subject of Ukraine", which you have swervedTM the topic away from. Lets return.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2410 on: April 14, 2016, 10:06:24 AM »
Who knew a single mom from a small regional virtual paper could strike fear in the heart of the Kremlin Deep State Elites:

Olga Li has been a representative in the Kursk regional legislative since 2011. After posting a video online criticizing Russian President Vladimir Putin, she is facing two criminal probes that could see her jailed for two years.
OLGA LI/VKONTAKTE

http://www.newsweek.com/meet-olga-li-single-mother-two-taking-putin-446953?rx=us

WORLDVLADIMIR PUTINRUSSIAN POLITICSRUSSIAN OPPOSITION
Olga Li speaks calmly, almost eerily so for a woman who is taking on Russian President Vladimir Putin—a fight which could land her two years in prison.

The 29-year-old single mother of two, who was born in a small town in Kazakhstan, is not the sort of opponent normally feared by Moscow’s strongmen politicians. Yet from her office in a Soviet block of flats in the city of Kursk, the journalist-turned-regional representative has attracted the Kremlin’s wrath. Hailed as a “wunderkind of local politics” by independent media in Russia, she is currently the subject of a criminal investigation. But, while the Russian government tries to charge her with “degrading the dignity" of state officials and endangering Russia’s statehood—she is preparing to run for parliament as a member of the opposition.

“The opening of a criminal case against me is simply absurd,” Li told Newsweek. Her video statements, posted on the site of People’s Journalist, the local monthly newspaper she edits, take shots at powerful local and national officials. The videos consist largely of her, or a supporter, speaking directly to camera about instances of alleged corruption. They have garnered thousands of views and raised her profile outside her home region.

Try Newsweek for only $1.25 per week

Her most direct criticism of the Russian president was delivered in a video entitled “An Appeal to Putin” that she posted last month. It has racked up over 376,111 views on YouTube. In under six minutes, Li accuses Putin of allowing “criminal conspiracy” at the top of Russian government, presiding over the “ruin of Russia’s financial system” and the “destruction of the rule of law.”

Li believes she is not alone in her disapproval of the current government—unlike official approval ratings, her own survey showed Putin’s approval in Kursk was only 25 percent. In October, state pollsters reported his approval rating was at its highest ever—89.9 percent across all of Russia.

According to Li, she had addressed her criticism of corruption among regional officials to the Russia’s federal authorities in a letter written in June 2015, and documented her request in her paper’s September edition. In her letter she warned that if her appeal was ignored she would air her views in public. She doubts if her views were taken seriously in Moscow, or if they reached the capital at all.

“Today, people's complaints are sent for consideration to the officials about whom they are complaining,” she says. The way forward, she suggests, is to do away with “this garbage” practice and make politicians more accountable to their voters. Her video to Putin was inspired by the “impotence” of citizens in the “lawlessness” of modern Russia, she says.

Li has been openly critical of many local authorities, including the deputy chairman of the regional assembly, Viktor Karamyshev, from Putin’s United Russia party, who was the first to announce the start of the hate speech probe. She has also clashed with prosecutors in Kursk, some of whom her newspaper colleagues are investigating for allegedly being tied to a corrupt million ruble road repair deal. Li hoped her video campaigns would make Moscow investigate suspicious deals more closely.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2411 on: April 20, 2016, 05:27:20 PM »
I doubt this will amount to anything, but I wouldn't doubt there is some truth here.

Ukraine’s Separation from USSR Could Be Declared Unconstitutional by Local Court

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/ukraines-separation-ussr-could-be-declared-unconstitutional-local-court/ri13999
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2412 on: May 06, 2016, 01:01:31 PM »
What If Russia Had Sponsored a 'Pro-Democracy' Coup in Canada?

Here's a mental exercise for you, what if we flipp the Ukraine scenario with Russia destabilizing a close neighbor of the US.

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/if-russia-had-freed-canada/ri14228
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2413 on: May 10, 2016, 07:58:45 PM »
If the OSCE was armed, Russia could consider them as an occupying force. Seems if one wants to get a REAL military response in Ukraine, that might do it.

OSCE Open to Discussion on Deploying Police Mission in Donbass.

http://m.sputniknews.com/military/20160510/1039344099/osce-donbass-police-mission.html

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #2414 on: May 11, 2016, 01:11:45 AM »
If the OSCE was armed, Russia could consider them as an occupying force. Seems if one wants to get a REAL military response in Ukraine, that might do it.

OSCE Open to Discussion on Deploying Police Mission in Donbass.

http://m.sputniknews.com/military/20160510/1039344099/osce-donbass-police-mission.html

Doubtful, since what most people seem to forget, is that Russian personell is also part of that OSCE mission. So Russia's military would then finally be photographable etc. in Donbass.. (And then they can yell : See i told you so).

Right.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2415 on: May 18, 2016, 02:33:21 PM »
The CIA Has Been Undermining and Nazifying Ukraine Since 1953

http://russia-insider.com/en/cia-has-been-undermining-and-nazifying-ukraine-1953/ri14416

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2416 on: May 19, 2016, 03:06:52 PM »
Look, If Russia Wanted to Invade Ukraine, This Is What It Would Actually Look Like

http://russia-insider.com/en/military/if-russia-attacked-ukies-army-would-cease-exist-within-24-hours/ri14424

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #2417 on: May 20, 2016, 03:35:01 AM »
The CIA Has Been Undermining and Nazifying Ukraine Since 1953

http://russia-insider.com/en/cia-has-been-undermining-and-nazifying-ukraine-1953/ri14416

Put in context - our 'messenger's' link tells us about what anti-Soviet practices the CIA indulged in. NOTHING to do with modern day, independent Ukraine.

The Soviets relied on useful idiots... 

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2418 on: May 21, 2016, 05:56:36 PM »
Crimean leader: Power change in Kiev would restore ‘brotherly relations’ between Russia & Ukraine

https://www.rt.com/politics/343748-crimean-leader-says-change-of/

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2419 on: May 29, 2016, 06:32:03 AM »
Ukraine imposes travel ban on Russian media heads, including RT’s Editor-in-Chief

https://www.rt.com/news/344651-ukraine-russia-media-leaders/

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2420 on: May 30, 2016, 01:31:53 PM »
In another report 4 more Ukrainian soldiers were killed today.

Donetsk Blog, May 30: Heavy Artillery Along Entire Front - Ukrainian Offensive - OSCE Under Sniper Fire

http://russia-insider.com/en/donetsk-blog-may-30-heavy-artillery-along-entire-front-volunteers-report-ukrainian-offensive-osce

Two Years Since Kiev Regime Started Killing Its Own People in Donbass (Video)

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/two-years-kiev-regime-started-killing-its-own-people-donbass/ri14674

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2421 on: June 02, 2016, 09:21:01 PM »

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2422 on: June 19, 2016, 11:57:02 AM »
Russia’s Putin slams West over backing 'coup d'etat' in Ukraine

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/06/17/470910/Russia-Putin-Ukraine-coup-detat

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2423 on: June 20, 2016, 02:27:20 AM »
Well we all know it was the usual suspects planning the coup in Ukraine. The lot over the pond.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/oliver-stone-film-features-claims-of-us-organized-maidan/572880.html

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2424 on: June 21, 2016, 03:25:32 PM »
Shocking Confession: Ukrainian Dr. Evil Bragging About Killing Wounded Militiamen in Donbass (Video)

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/shocking-confession-ukranian-dr-evil-bragging-about-killing-militiamen-donbas/ri15095