The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: SOS Newbie in Minsk....  (Read 9596 times)

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
SOS Newbie in Minsk....
« on: April 08, 2014, 02:31:16 AM »
Good Morning Gentlemen:

I need your assistance.  I am in Minsk.  Came her to meet a woman I had been corresponding with for six months.  I am 31, she is 27.  I am single, never married no children she is divorced with a four year old daughter.  I am from Miami.  she is from Grodno Belarus of Russian parents.  I came here to meet her, planned the works, gifts for her daughter, parents, planned places to see, we were planning family dinners, etc.  When I get her I realize she has a very demanding concept of money, she likes to drink and dance in clubs and basically I asked her to leave my apartment after the second day.  I am fortunate to have two males and female friends here in Minsk that immediately came to the rescue.  I met them through a travel/ university program.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have a multiple entry Belarusian visa, therefore I plan to go to Poland and Lithuania to at least see more places.  If anyone has any suggestions, please help... 

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: SOS Newbie in Minsk....
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 02:42:57 AM »
Consider yourself fortunate to have recognized the red flags and the guts to act on your instincts.  tiphat  Not many guys have those traits.

Enjoy Belarus, get out and about and discover Minsk. True that is isn't the biggest city in the East but it has a lot to offer and many wistful travelers would love to be in your shoes right about now. You might meet a genuine person in the process.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 02:55:12 AM »
What is going on in this world??????? :'(

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 03:20:50 AM »
Good Morning Gentlemen:

I need your assistance.  I am in Minsk.  Came her to meet a woman I had been corresponding with for six months.  I am 31, she is 27.  I am single, never married no children she is divorced with a four year old daughter.  I am from Miami.  she is from Grodno Belarus of Russian parents.  I came here to meet her, planned the works, gifts for her daughter, parents, planned places to see, we were planning family dinners, etc.  When I get her I realize she has a very demanding concept of money, she likes to drink and dance in clubs and basically I asked her to leave my apartment after the second day.  I am fortunate to have two males and female friends here in Minsk that immediately came to the rescue.  I met them through a travel/ university program.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have a multiple entry Belarusian visa, therefore I plan to go to Poland and Lithuania to at least see more places.  If anyone has any suggestions, please help...

It's not your first trip by your own admission you have local contacts. What have they suggested? Perhaps a trip to Dedutki which isn't all that far outside of Minsk. That would kill a day for you and you'd get your hands on some Samagon from their still while you're there.

The Opera house is nice and they put some very nice performances, same with the symphony, the ballet or whatever else is your flavor in regards to entertainment.
There's plenty to do here and there and girls aren't that hard to find if you look and act normal. Strike up a conversation on the street or make plans to visit one of the the other cities In BY with lots of history and things to do. There isn't a shortage really.

How about being more specific as to what advice and or assistance you need?

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 03:49:02 AM »
I am still in Minsk.  I have friends here from my first and second trip.  Good people, two couples.  I actually met them on a travel site, and one of them is planning a summer work / university trip to usa and I have offered my help since they have helped me here.  I saw many cities in Belarus, actually I have seen every oblast.  I also went to Lithuania which was excellent.  Tomorrow I plan to go to Latvia.  However, it is rough because I am alone.  Gentlemen, I am not the most experienced, but this is my third trip here to Belarus.  As I mentioned, I am 31 years old, searching for the 25-33 year old range.  I can advise the following to the new members.  The idea of international marriage is over in Belarus.  You can say it is basically non existent.  I have met several nice ladies, and most are curious but not serious.  Most have openly told me they are not willing to leave their friends and family.  Many have degrees and hold good jobs here and they know they might not be able to re validate their degree in the USA.  I advise the new members to avoid Belarus.  I also love to travel.  For a two week trip, Belarus has little to offer.  You can see all of Belarus in seven days.  There are more touristic sights in Ukraine and of course Russia.  I must also add the following.  As I mentioned I was in Vilnius.  The women in Vilnius are more friendly than in Belarus, they speak English, they are willing to help you if you are lost in the streets.  The city center of Vilnius is extremely well laid out.  The food is cheap in Lithuania.  There is a tourism office in the train station that helps you and givenes you a free map.  You can see all the major sights in the city center on foot.  Even the customs officials in Vilnius were Extremely kind to me and exceptionally helpful.  My return train was delayed and these people got me on an earlier train.  They really make the tourist feel welcome in Lithuania.  Belarus is more of a country of hermits.  People do not like to talk to unknown people.  Even some of my cabin members in the overnight trains I took within Belarus such as Minsk - Vitebsk, many did not even speak to me all night.  Some I greeted in Russian and did not receive a reponse.  The country's government has the inconvenience of requiring a letter of invitation, a visa, obligatory medical insurance must be purchased upon arrival and you must register within five days.  If you leave the country as I did and then return you must register again.  So basically the country's political mindset is 100% soviet.  However, the women in Minsk are 100% modern and western.  They love name brands, love money, are very modern and very much concerned about their image.  I even confirmed this with my friends in minsk.  I noticed for example the women in Vilnius were much more down to earth more natural and as I mentioned friendlier.  I want the fellow new members to know that Minsk is full of western advertisement for international high end name brands.  This is a city where the women love to consume these name brands and are also difficult to approach since it is a very closed country with minimal tourism.  I have noticed very little has been written on this forum regarding Belarus.  Most members have gone to Ukraine and Russia.  In conclusion, I advise all the new members to avoid Belarus for the above mentioned reasons. 

Offline ECR844

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 04:17:06 AM »
Clearly if you live in a trailer park. Minsk and or Belarus will not be the place for you.

My experience is clearly different than yours and having lived here for more than 3 years continuously I have abit more of a window into how life here is than the avg '2 week and done' tourist.

In regards to your points about international marriages. In our circle of friends and family we know of no less than 2 dozen international marriages from countries throughout Europe, Turkey, Lebanon, the middle east, USA, and elsewhere.

In regards to western name brand shopping I highly doubt that the less than half a dozen 'name brand stores' stores in the minsk constitutes a market flooded with western name brands. If you think that is 'market density' than I can't wait to read your TR from your next visit to Moscow.

YMMV

Offline Ladine

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 04:41:32 AM »
What is going on in this world? ??? ??? :'(

ха ха ха. мы ведь не стоим на месте. мы меняемся вместе со временем.  :chuckle: я уже много раз это пробовала объяснить  :) . молодое поколение это не тот образ - и коня на скаку остановит и в горящую избу войдет .  :nod: мы уже давно другие. идем в ногу со временем
smart will learn - a fool would teach.
Никогда не оправдывайся, если ты невиновен. Если в вас бросают грязью, к вам может и не долететь. А руки того, кто это делает, останутся в грязи. Люблю вас всех.

Offline Ladine

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 04:43:32 AM »
Good Morning Gentlemen:

you like to experience the adrenaline? then come to Ukraine  :ROFL:
smart will learn - a fool would teach.
Никогда не оправдывайся, если ты невиновен. Если в вас бросают грязью, к вам может и не долететь. А руки того, кто это делает, останутся в грязи. Люблю вас всех.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 08:11:24 AM »
Clearly if you live in a trailer park. Minsk and or Belarus will not be the place for you.

Nice one Eric!!  :ROFL:

I'm with you on both fronts. I've been several times and know less about the country than ECR but I know enough to challenge Omega's claims.

I can't talk about a whole nation but from the people I've met, many have contact with people of other nationalities. In fact, I'm due to go back a couple times over the next four months and one of those is for a friend of my wife's wedding....to a Spanish chap. Others have married Americans and some to chaps from Turkey or the Stans. Point is - this statement isn't entirely correct;

"I can advise the following to the new members.  The idea of international marriage is over in Belarus.  You can say it is basically non existent.  I have met several nice ladies, and most are curious but not serious."

I've absolutely no doubt that the minority actually marry a foreigner but its not uncommon to hear about it....and that's just in our small circles. Clearly your experience was different and perhaps it was a polite way of turning you down? I won't stand here and preach about heading to Belarus to find a partner, just because I did but equally there are plenty wonderful women there open to meeting a good man.

Also, I didn't consider Minsk to be flooded with Western brands. Yea, there's quite a few but its still very hard to find a plethora of genuine, high end, branded products. At least nothing like Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris, London or Edinburgh!! That's part of the reason we get a shopping list the length of an orangutans arm each time we visit!!

I took the train from Kaunus-Vilnius-Minsk and it was a bit backward compared with European rail travel but for me that was part of the adventure. I got talking to these 5 women who were on a shopping trip to Vilnius but they did pretty much blanked me for the first couple hours. I think it was the first bottle of Champagne they necked that loosened their tongue!! In the same tone, I can fly in the UK & nobody bats an eyelid at anyone else!

I find Belorussian people to be pretty knowledgeable about most things in the west but I would never describe them as European. The younger ladies are very modern but certainly not Western.

But as Eric said....YMMV.

tiphat

Offline gfinfla

• Spouses Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 08:37:07 AM »
I have to agree with Eric and Rosco. Been there 4 times and met my now wife there. This comment, "The idea of international marriage is over in Belarus.  You can say it is basically non existent.  I have met several nice ladies, and most are curious but not serious. " is crazy. My wife has multiple friends that have migrated from there and some in the process. She was actually quite surprized at the amount of other girls going thru the same process as her in 2012-2013.

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 09:30:35 AM »
I only saw a few americans at the airport.  After that I have not seen a single American here.  Eric, by the way I do not come from a trailer park.  You do not know me and I think this is rude and unnecessary.  My friends from Minsk were in Ukraine a few months ago and were telling me how they were surprised that people were much friendlier in Ukraine.  People are friendly in Lithuania.  I do not find people friendly in Minsk.  I was even treated exceptionally well at the train station in Lithuania.  My friends from Minsk were telling me they think there are better women in the smaller towns since many here in the capital have become very materialistic.  You also need to be in a place where there are many tourist sights.  Ukraine has ten times more churches, castles, historical monuments and interesting places to see than Belarus.  Tourism is always a good back up if a meeting with a woman fails.  I love to travel.  This is my ninth time in Europe.  Six to western Europe, three to E Europe.  So no Eric, I do not come from a trailer park.  Remember you can never assume...

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 09:49:56 AM »

Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but what's with the cheap shot?

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 10:01:31 AM »
I had dinner with a woman I had initially written to in 2012.  She even told me that a few years back many americans came and found wives, but that the numbers plummeted recently.  I don't blame them.  If you find an American man interesting and you also find your local neighbor interesting, and your national economy has improved, you will marry your local man next door because you do not have to leave your culture and friends.  The economy here has improved and woman do not want to leave their culture, family, friends and career.  This is understandable.  If I meet a woman and she likes me just as much as she likes her neighbor she will choose her neighbor with whom she can have a conversation.  I even met a woman that told me she was only interested in Belarusian men because she is patriotic.  I can't argue that.  I simply feel I have gained experiences and knowledge through these trips and I wanted to share those experiences and knowledge and general perceptions with the new people. 

Offline ECR844

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 10:50:21 AM »

Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but what's with the cheap shot?

It was a general statement. Nothing more.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 10:53:36 AM »
If I meet a woman and she likes me just as much as she likes her neighbor she will choose her neighbor with whom she can have a conversation.  I even met a woman that told me she was only interested in Belarusian men because she is patriotic. 

I would avoid overly patriotic ones and stick to ladies who speak good English and have lousy neighbours.

Offline AJ

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 02:08:12 PM »
A lot of the more recent cross cultural marriages in our area are Western man/ Belarus woman.In fact most seem from Minsk itself.
Pretty small sample and doesnt indicate much, yet certauinly these are with in the last year or two max.

As far as Lithuania, I do not doubt you found it more friendly, and there are a lot of single women there as well,  so why not simply spend time there then?

It's not that I feel  Belarus is devoid potential, but if you feel better in another country you'll be more likely to meet someone naturally.
 There are a lot of Lithuanians in my area, there is even a singles night at a local Lithuanain resturant,where a gathering of  babushkas try to fix up
their various grandaughters, nieces, etc.  :)

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 04:59:33 AM »
Omega,

It's good that you're sharing the experience but part of the forum is about challenging statements that contradict ones own experience.

Personally, I thought it was great that I met no other western folks once inside BY, it's a massive turn off for me to visit another country and see it dripping with Brits. That doesn't mean they aren't there though!

I've been to Lithuania twice and personally, I found it to be rather hard to integrate as a solo stranger. It certainly wasn't all warm and welcoming like the experience you seem to have enjoyed. Belarus was similar but I think that's a soviet light thing. The first time I returned from Lithuania, I was sat next to a beautiful young woman who now lives in the UK. In fact we're still friends today. I told her that I found the locals to be quite cold and rude but she educated me about the central European mentality.

Now, I see through all that and when you do find an introduction, many are the most welcoming and hospitable people around.

Also, the economy in Belarus is actually pretty crap. Inflation is rising all the time and people have to find ways of making ends meet. My wife's auntie has two jobs, a son to support and makes around $2-300 a month as an accountant. I would disagree with your assessment that the BY ladies have it too good to look further than their own neighbourhood.

:biggrin:

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 07:09:15 AM »
Thank you Rosco for the post and information.  This forum is a wealth of knowledge and information.  It really is a valuable tool.  I agree with your statement that it is better to travel to a place where there are few tourists, hence not over fished as it has been well stated in this forum.  Regarding the economy I certainly agree salaries are low.  However there are a few key factors that are important indicators.  First there are many businessmen in Minsk.  Second the streets are thick with BMW, Audi, Mercedes and Land Rover.  Thirdly, the prices in restaurants essentially mirror those of the USA and they are filled with locals.  And fourthly, there is a lot of new construction in Minsk.  Many new condos and new businesses.  It is also important to revisit a concept mentioned earlier by a senior member I don't recall the name, about disposable income.  The fact that many young men have inherited a flat from their parents and many do not pay rent.  Many men in Minsk have large disposable incomes.  I met a Latvian man today on the train that argued that the reason for the unfriendliness in Minsk is the dictatorship itself.  Food for thought.  Today I spent the day in Riga.  Beautiful city, beautiful ladies, excellent service.  Another gem of the east. 

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 07:42:34 AM »
Not a problem Omega and nice to hear about your experience.

Minsk like most FSU cities, has guys with more cash than you and I will ever have. That's the reason you'll see Audi/BM/Merc etc. Below that however, the majority of the population live in the fairly small middle or large working class category. This makes up the bulk of the population and many have regular cars or more commonly travel via public transport. Of course some young guys have nice cars but like over here, they save up for them and live in small flats. Like here, its a status thing and a great leg opener!!

The guys at the top with the cash need to go somewhere to shop, somewhere to eat and somewhere to dance so when we find restaurants or clubs of similar standing to what we know back home, then its very pricey. Ukraine was the same and I suspect Russia is similar.When you eat and drink in the more regular places or student venues then its dirt cheap, at least that's what I found. 

Minsk is unique because you have quite a few wealthy individuals and you'll see tonnes of Turks coming across by the plane load for their BY bit on the side. This means that the restaurant/club/bar scene in the decent places is always busy and the prices steep. I suspect this is why you have come to that conclusion. Go to something similar outside Minsk and the prices drop dramatically. Believe me, the girls always look good but most can't afford to be in these places if it weren't for rich boyfriends/lovers/Turks.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 07:50:18 AM »
Omega,

I think you're seeing what you want to see. I doubt there are more Mercedes, BMWs, Audi's, etc. in Minsk than you see in Moscow, for instance. And I'm positive there are many more rich men in Moscow too. The women that chase these men are as noticeable as the cars they drive, yet in reality they make up considerably less than 1% of the population.

For any normal man, even with modest means, Moscow is overrun with available women.

You spent 2 weeks in a place and you've already made some rather dubious conclusions, at least from what I know about Belarus. People hardly live in the lap of luxury there for the most part. I've also met my fair share of people from Lithuania, and they didn't seem that much different than Belarusian /Russian fare. Matter of fact the people I know from Belarus often complain that it's difficult to make new friends in Moscow.

I've also experienced the coldness from people in this part of the world, or what to an American would be perceived as coldness, be nothing more than your imagination running away with you. Anytime I had the desire to break through that perception I've found a very warm individual hiding behind it.

When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Manny

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 09:24:58 AM »
Today I spent the day in Riga.  Beautiful city, beautiful ladies, excellent service.  Another gem of the east.

You must have been to a different Riga to the one I have been to many times. The idea of excellent service stops somewhere in the east of Germany and doesn't start again until you hit Finland.

Riga is not a place known for great service. It simply isn't. Not if you are frequenting places where regular folks go. Compared to service levels in the UK it is bad. Compared to service levels in the US, it is hilarious.

I once ate with a pal of mine at a restaurant in Riga, it looked pretty high end, and to me that equated to probably still cheaper than home at the time. But when we got the bill, it was about $400 for two of us. Yes the steak was good, as was the wine, and the service impeccable. But that is beyond the reach of the average bloke there.

Nor have I found Lithuanians [ethnic or otherwise] any friendlier or not than others in the region.

I havent been to Belarus, but most seem to equate it to Russia - where I have been many times. But I have spent a lot of time in the Baltics. Probably more than anyone here bar Andrewfi. In my opinion, your reports of Latvia and Lithuania are inaccurate.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:01 AM »
Thank you Rosco for the post and information.  This forum is a wealth of knowledge and information.  It really is a valuable tool. 

I agree with your statement that it is better to travel to a place where there are few tourists, hence not over fished as it has been well stated in this forum.  Regarding the economy I certainly agree salaries are low. 

However there are a few key factors that are important indicators.  First there are many businessmen in Minsk.  Second the streets are thick with BMW, Audi, Mercedes and Land Rover.  Thirdly, the prices in restaurants essentially mirror those of the USA and they are filled with locals. 

And fourthly, there is a lot of new construction in Minsk.  Many new condos and new businesses.  It is also important to revisit a concept mentioned earlier by a senior member I don't recall the name, about disposable income. 

The fact that many young men have inherited a flat from their parents and many do not pay rent.  Many men in Minsk have large disposable incomes.  I met a Latvian man today on the train that argued that the reason for the unfriendliness in Minsk is the dictatorship itself.  Food for thought.  Today I spent the day in Riga.  Beautiful city, beautiful ladies, excellent service.  Another gem of the east.
[/size]

Omega, if you separate your paragraphs with a blank line every 3-5 lines it makes your
posts much easier to read.

If I were in Minsk, I would sign up at Mamba.ru and search for girls in Minsk
There are thousands of them. I would write a short note to each of them
and ask if they want to meet for coffee or tea. Who knows maybe one of
them might be the future Mrs Omega

I spent maybe 5 minutes all these girls are online now in Minsk and there
are countless more.

http://www.mamba.ru/eva-1307/dating
http://www.mamba.ru/amina797979/dating?sp=2
http://www.mamba.ru/mb960562111/dating
http://www.mamba.ru/limosha/album_photos?album_id=978945959#/closed
http://www.mamba.ru/lublutebia27/dating
http://www.mamba.ru/88mila89?hit=10&fromsearch&sp=5
http://www.mamba.ru/mb1257515537?hit=10&fromsearch&sp=6
http://www.mamba.ru/mb1157871234?hit=10&fromsearch&sp=8
http://www.mamba.ru/mb1159916753/dating
http://www.mamba.ru/mb900700567?hit=10&fromsearch&sp=11
http://www.mamba.ru/mb1257271037/dating?sp=13
http://www.mamba.ru/kalina6996?hit=10&fromsearch&sp=13
http://www.mamba.ru/kati510/dating
http://www.mamba.ru/ritula_7477/dating?sp=15
http://www.mamba.ru/mb1097150045?hit=10&fromsearch&sp=15
http://www.mamba.ru/mb1248702240/dating?sp=16
http://www.mamba.ru/mb1096474728/dating?sp=16
http://www.mamba.ru/ajdo?hit=10&fromsearch&sp=17

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 12:20:40 PM »
Many men in Minsk have large disposable incomes.  I met a Latvian man today on the train that argued that the reason for the unfriendliness in Minsk is the dictatorship itself.  Food for thought.

I have found over the years that the people of Belarus are some of the most warm and genuine you could ever meet, especially out in the countryside. I've eaten a few meals in farm homes where the toilet was outside in a little wooden shack, just like a Russian dacha. In some of those homes the only light came from a single bulb hanging in the centre of the room. The meals were simple but the tea and conversation flowed and those folk seemed honoured that we'd stepped inside their homes. I however felt humbled, as if we'd been entertained by angels who'd been touched by the salt of the earth.

The people in cities like Minsk are genuine as well but they do live under difficult pressures once you get past the surface. Your visit was simply a first visit, you saw life on the surface, and most times those impressions are superficial. If you continue to return, continue to be exposed and learn, you may come to some startling reversals in your original assessments.

The comment about the dictatorship is instructive and I'm glad that you had the sensitivity to pick up on that. In a country that has outlawed the public clapping of hands, how much freedom can citizens really enjoy? The wealth on display is allowed primarily to those who agree to play the great game with the dictator--much the same as the Oligarchs in a large neighboring state. Most of those businesses you saw are state owned enterprises and the operators are in reality employees of the state. Private enterprise is not celebrated in Belarus and the private sector by design is marginalized in favour of state owned competitors.

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 12:19:53 AM »
Thank you for the feedback, especially for the mamba idea.  I understand there are some warm people here.  However, when you come here to meet a woman you have been writing to for six months and you discover she is not serious and likes to party and drink, you will be depressed.  To that you add the fact that I am accustomed to traveling to France, Spain and Italy, yes I will find the people here cold and unfriendly.  It will take a few days for the depression to pass and then you can begin to scrape off the layers of ice and find the genuinely warm people that other members discuss here.  Regarding service in Latvia, it is a matter of perception and economy.  There are some wealthy members in this forum that are accustomed to a platinum level of service.  For me gold will suffice.  I only ate in one Latvian restaurant.  I small authentic place near the church right in the city center.  The waiter was extremely kind and the small place had beautiful typical décor, and the food was tasty.  Therefore I found the service to be good in Latvia.  I saw Latvia and Lithuania as very European.  Very similar to the photos my parents brought back in 2005 from their trip to Scandinavia.  I find Minsk very soviet, which is interesting but different.  I understand you can find a woman at any moment.  I was simply advising the newer members that they should not expect the dates to be lined up waiting for them as many newbies do.  Out of 10 that you write to online you can expect 1 date.  Of that 1 date, many are not serious, many there is no chemistry, and many are not willing to leave the country.  I met a child psychologist in Vitebsk, which we went on a few dates, also cooked for me, I was in her home, met her brother, cousin, she waited for me under the rain in the train station, even told me her family thinks highly of me, and yet she says she is not willing to leave the country.  She says she wants a local man.  She is 32 I am 31.  She is an excellent woman, stunningly beautiful very modest, simple, intelligent.  I just wanted the newer members to know that this is difficult, that many women are not willing to leave and that the numbers have definitely dropped. 

Offline DPRK

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Russian Federation
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2014, 01:00:24 AM »
Good Morning Gentlemen:

Damn, dude, it seems like things were going swimmingly: she was wanting to go dancing with you and was staying at your flat. It is time to party when you've been talking for SIX MONTHS and finally meet. Well, I reckon you can visit some Soviet monuments now that you've kicked her to the curb.

PBRStreetgang has some Belarus contacts. He's on this hollerboard and hopefully will see this SOS and PM you. Hope your trip gets better, man. We've all been there.
"If you've been invaded by the Russians, it's never a good thing for food." --Anthony Bourdain

Registration