The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: About Sexually Transmitted Diseases  (Read 17654 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: About Sexually Transmitted Diseases
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2015, 05:59:07 PM »

Do you really think these women don't know how to exploit the system, such that it is. They lie, they used forged Drs notes, they travel while heavily pregnant and land up at a hospital near you.

How much money is recovered from these health tourists? Do you really think the NHS is a pay as you drop system? Do you think these women turn up at the maternity ward waving their credit card in one hand as their waters break?

I'm wondering as to where you get your data ?..The Daily Express ? :chuckle:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192694/Nigerian-woman-needing-Caesarean-immediately-flies-Britain-operation--costing-UK-taxpayers-10-000.html

So many, ''it is thought'' and ''it is believed'' ...The article predates the new billing rules

I guess those intending tomilk the NHS should read articles like this...

http://immigrantmagazine.co.uk/pregnant-detained-and-subjected-to-force-in-the-uk/
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2015, 01:20:19 PM »

Do you really think these women don't know how to exploit the system, such that it is. They lie, they used forged Drs notes, they travel while heavily pregnant and land up at a hospital near you.

How much money is recovered from these health tourists? Do you really think the NHS is a pay as you drop system? Do you think these women turn up at the maternity ward waving their credit card in one hand as their waters break?

I'm wondering as to where you get your data ?..The Daily Express ? :chuckle:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192694/Nigerian-woman-needing-Caesarean-immediately-flies-Britain-operation--costing-UK-taxpayers-10-000.html

So many, ''it is thought'' and ''it is believed'' ...The article predates the new billing rules

I guess those intending tomilk the NHS should read articles like this...

http://immigrantmagazine.co.uk/pregnant-detained-and-subjected-to-force-in-the-uk/
I rarely read the Express or Mail. As for the last link you posted, perhaps you should read it and see what it's actually about. Absolutely nothing to do with the NHS.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2015, 07:57:48 PM »

I rarely read the Express or Mail. As for the last link you posted, perhaps you should read it and see what it's actually about. Absolutely nothing to do with the NHS.

DS

Both links are relevant to the offshoot you created to this thread.

1/ points out your mentality to the issue - you may not read the Express - but you could write for them

2/ the link about the Nigerian woman was an illustration of how a Nigerian woman might be treated, if being one of the 'large number' who ypu suggested might try to fly to the UK when pregnant... you portrayed the UK as a 'soft touch'...

I simply wanted readers to understand the validity of your assertion

Offline Manny

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2015, 12:59:09 AM »
you portrayed the UK as a 'soft touch'...

The floodgates are jammed open now. We were a soft touch in the Blair years; now our policy on such matters is beyond a joke. We have an open door policy. The NHS is now free for the world. DS is right.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2015, 01:22:15 AM »

DS

1/ points out your mentality to the issue - you may not read the Express - but you could write for them

2/ the link about the Nigerian woman was an illustration of how a Nigerian woman might be treated, if being one of the 'large number' who ypu suggested might try to fly to the UK when pregnant... you portrayed the UK as a 'soft touch'...

Wriggle, wriggle........lets cut to the chase. The link you posted was about the treatment of pregnant women in detention. It had nothing to do with pregnant women flying to the UK to avail of freely available maternity services.
That is what we are discussing, is it not.
I'm sure readers can spot the difference.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2015, 01:25:50 AM »

The floodgates are jammed open now. We were a soft touch in the Blair years; now our policy on such matters is beyond a joke. We have an open door policy. The NHS is now free for the world. DS is right.
There are surgeries with Nigerian GP's who had websites Nigeria facing advertising their services. Drop addresses being used to register at these surgeries and voila, the NHS is yours.

Offline Manny

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2015, 01:39:05 AM »

There are surgeries with Nigerian GP's who had websites Nigeria facing advertising their services. Drop addresses being used to register at these surgeries and voila, the NHS is yours.

Moby will now attempt to explain how tight our system is and how no sick foreigners stagger off planes and into the nearest healthcare facility for free.  :chuckle:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2015, 11:56:52 AM »

DS

So according to you, our system's perfect and any person found to have milked us, is a miracle case that right wing nutters use as propaganda?

It's this attitude and the lack of reality from folks like you, that'll wreck this country.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2015, 11:58:28 PM »
When it comes to immigration I don't think right or left wing have a clue..

This nation went out and created an empire and encouraged immigration.  Many of it's most famous heroes were born of immigrant stock.

If you worked in any industry that relies on employing smart people you'd know the hysterical anti immigration squad are the one's that will wreck the country.

A tiny proportion of immigration is non EU/EEA, now.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2015, 08:39:54 AM »
When it comes to immigration I don't think right or left wing have a clue..

This nation went out and created an empire and encouraged immigration. 

Now everybody shouts... shut the doors....to immigration and refugees.

You also went out Bombed and destroyed sovereign countries too, like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya to mention few and now Cameron is trying to find an excuse to put his nose in Syria too.. but.....he knows he will fall if he does, (the 1922 comitee will sent hime to make company to Blair and Brown, as they did with Thacher,) not adhear to Parliament decisions.

So the US and UK create the mess, kill million's of innocent people and expect Itally, and Greece to solve the refugee problem created by you ... where you keep the doors closed and don't pay nothing for their upkeep.

Germany took the numbers they wanted......and now shut the frontiers. Greece a financially destroyed country and Itally expected to create two towns each of 50.000 immigrants each and take care of them for 6 Euro a day..... and Mrs Merkel has arranged for the EU to give Ertogan (Turkey), 3 billion Euros to start with plus free Visa.... without membership of the EU!

Where Italy and Greece involved in your adventures in Libya and Iraq and if NOT why should they clear the mess you created and have to pay for your illegal actions, not ordered by the UN?

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2015, 09:03:43 AM »
Wow ^^^^

I suppose that's one way to look at things  (:)

Registration