The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Top 10 turn ons/offs  (Read 6350 times)

Offline bigdaddy71978

• Spouses Country: Unknown yet
  • Trips: None Yet
Top 10 turn ons/offs
« on: March 25, 2014, 08:13:21 PM »
Back when I first started doing some research into this adventure I came across a podcast on a website (sorry, I can't remember where I heard it). It listed the top 10 turn on's and turn off's and 3 never bring up topics. Ladies please tell us how accurate it is?
 Top 10 turn on's
 1. Sense of humor
 2. Good manners
 3. RESPECT
 4. Intelligence (life and culture as said on podcast)
 5. Self Confidence
 6. Kindness
 7. Sensitive
 8. Optimisim
 9. Clean and well groomed
10. Great smile

Top 10 turn OFF's
 1. Bad Manners
 2. Lying
 3. Self centered behavior
 4. Rudeness
 5. Dirty appearance
 6. Laziness
 7. Arrogance
 8. Disrespect
 9. Sex on the brain
10. Cheating

3 NEVER bring up topics (based on podcast)
 1. Former wives/girlfriends
 2. Costs
 3. Other guys (guessing her past)

Offline Net_Lenka

Re: Top 10 turn ons/offs
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 09:28:52 PM »
Where is a size of his wallet and an amount of assholes among his close friends?
- А Вы кто такой будете?
-Тьфу на Вас
-А фамилия Ваша как?  -Тьфу на Вас еще раз .. а фамилия моя слишком известная, чтобы я её называл

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouses Country: Беларусь
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 12:32:43 AM »
Where is a size of his wallet and an amount of assholes among his close friends?

:ROFL: OMG she "dint" say that

;D
Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 01:48:25 AM »

:ROFL: OMG she "dint" say that

;D
You don't think those things important to women?

From a woman's perspective men can be incredibly bad at choosing friends!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline regina

• Spouses Country: Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 07:39:42 AM »
To my mind, greediness is one of the most disgusting features in any man.He may be rich or poor, if he is tender and careful it will be OK, but he shouldn't be greedy. It revolves girls immediately.And it doesn't depend on the size of his wallet. :BLUSH:
Everything will be OK in the end, if it's not OK, it's not the end

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 08:08:54 AM »
To my mind, greediness is one of the most disgusting features in any man.

I think this can apply to both sexes in all walks of life.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 08:20:36 AM »

Back before I was ever married, I had a few @holes as casual friends. They were
mostly weeded out by my then American wife. FSUW don't do that as well?
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 01:46:38 AM »
I'm not a lady but from my perspective it looks like a great list, Bill.

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 01:50:50 AM »
Turn off in reverse:

In past years I found the FSU folk to be quite curious about money and finance in the West. Maybe it was due to curiosity in comparison to how the other side lived.  I don't notice that as much anymore but questions about salary, etc, was a big turn off for me in the past. Complicating the issue was that our economic systems were so different that it was difficult to make across the board comparisons and that could engender misunderstandings.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 01:56:14 AM »
Turn off in reverse:

In past years I found the FSU folk to be quite curious about money and finance in the West. Maybe it was due to curiosity in comparison to how the other side lived.  I don't notice that as much anymore but questions about salary, etc, was a big turn off for me in the past. Complicating the issue was that our economic systems were so different that it was difficult to make across the board comparisons and that could engender misunderstandings.

Very good point! A common thought process of Eastern Europeans was/is to think that you're rich because of how your Western salary translates in their world. Unfortunately, a lot of times they don't take the extra step of translating your bills and costs of living as well.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 03:11:23 AM »

So what is the definition of "Greedy or Greediness"?  Where is the line and what is the difference between greedy and wise money management?   When does one go from "not greedy" to foolish with money?

Offline WOVO

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 05:17:28 AM »

So what is the definition of "Greedy or Greediness"?  Where is the line and what is the difference between greedy and wise money management?   When does one go from "not greedy" to foolish with money?

Not long ago I have been called "greedy" because I asked which public transport (train or bus) is better to go to Sumy from Kiev.   I was told neither of them.  Better to travel by taxi.

I wanted to save money on something useful.   It is not "greedy".  It is "WISE MONEY MANAGEMENT".   I simply do not want to throw money away on unnecessary things.    I would've saved around £225 on the difference between taxi and bus/train, and this £225 would give me another return flights in the future.

Offline BelleZeBoob

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 05:49:32 AM »
Good topic!

At the same time, I have to admit that I had a hard time trying to visualize some things that are on the list. I mean, the way those qualities show in reality.

For example, what would you call respect or disrespect? Letting you wait for more than 5 minutes while you agreed upon a meeting?

What do you call rudeness? I noticed that sometimes AM call it rude when they are declined, even politely. A joke may appear rude.

My guess would be that lying and cheating take some time to be discovered, therefore it seems that this list would be valid for people who are already at some stage of relationships.
Men are like Bluetooth: he is connected to you when you are nearby, but searches for other devices when you are away.
Women are like Wi-Fi: she sees all available devices, but connects to the strongest one.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 08:15:20 AM »
Turbo, I'm assuming that above those ladies' heads was a big red flag waving?

Well, to be honest the one that complained about my 4 star hotel room as she called it did work at the 5 star hotel.  My room by the way was about 40' x 60' with a wet bar and an 80" plasma tv as well as 3 or 4 other tv's including in the kitchen and bath.  The company I was visiting paid for the hotel room (and also owned the hotel)

The other gold digger, yes,  For our second dinner date the restaurant tab was around $ 600-650.00.  I had the $ 40.00 special which was terrible.  Then she asked if I wanted to go someplace and listen to some music.  The place she took me had a $ 250.00 cover charge ($ 125.00 each)  We did arrive after the show started and could not be seated for 2 hours.  I told her I was tired (actually I was tired of her spending habits) and told her I wanted to go back to my hotel and said goodbye.  We were supposed to go out the next night.  I cancelled. 

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 09:27:19 AM »
Wow, I knew Moskva was expensive, but  :o

Offline Jeffery

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 06:01:03 PM »
Just a point of clarification for newbies visiting here who are not familiar with FSU misuse of the word 'greedy'.

To a FSU woman (and probably man)   Greedy = Stingy

Now of course those who are familiar with the English language know that greedy and stingy have completely different meanings.

Just remember to swap the correct meaning of greedy with 'stingy' and you'll understand what FSU women mean when they say 'greedy'.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 11:40:47 AM »

You're "greedy" if you don't give your GF or wife 90% of your paycheck!   :chuckle:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 06:44:30 PM »
Quote from: BelleZeBoob link=topic=20697.msg358694#msg358694
For example, what would you call respect or disrespect? Letting you wait for more than 5 minutes while you agreed upon a meeting?

My girl seems to have no concept of time, or estimating how much time
a task requires. Once she told me she would meet me in a half hour. I
called two hours later and she told me she would arrive in a half hour.

So now I ask if she is talking about real time or Angel Eyes time.

What do you call rudeness? I noticed that sometimes AM call it rude when they are declined, even politely.

They are babies and need to grow up. Luckily you rejected them or you
would find that they are that way about everything. (Maybe you knew
this intuitively?)

My guess would be that lying and cheating take some time to be discovered, therefore it seems that this list would be valid for people who are already at some stage of relationships.

Maybe it would take time maybe not. Liars tend to lie and cheaters tend to
cheat. Many FSUW are unusually good detectives most Western men who are
liars wouldn't have a chance.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Manny

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 01:07:46 AM »
The topic about wine has now been split off as requested.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Registration