The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: russian girl holiday in australia  (Read 1923 times)

Offline andrew99

• Trips: 1-5
russian girl holiday in australia
« on: November 30, 2007, 03:43:56 PM »
If I want a russian girl to visit me in australia for a 10 day holiday, is this possible in 6 weeks? I have never been to russia or have met the girl in person.

I was going to go to visit her but this may fall through

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
Re: russian girl holiday in australia
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »
"Jagguy,"

IMHLO, and limited experience the best thing you could do is to meet her in her city and near where she lives. See how she lives and is like in her 'home' environment first. Then later plan a vacation.

Offline andrew99

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 06:17:20 PM »
that is not what i asked.

I may not be able to go .

is it possible for her to come and see me for a holiday?

government website is clear as mud.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 07:04:10 PM »
Ok, you obviously missed my point. Perhaps one of the many 'Aussies' who post here may be kind enough to help you further. Good luck with your trip.

Offline andrew99

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 08:55:41 PM »
i get your point and it was my original idea but things have changed.

Offline vox11

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 01:42:06 AM »
If I want a russian girl to visit me in australia for a 10 day holiday, is this possible in 6 weeks? I have never been to russia or have met the girl in person.

If your government issue her a visa I think it is possible.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 02:23:35 AM »
I am not an Aussie but have been around these forums a few years and I cannot remember anyone doing it in 6 weeks, especially when you two have never met,

PM Firemansam or Bobjf they know the ropes, but I don;t think this is possible at all IMO.
Слава Україні

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 07:01:08 AM »
Jag, you asked a similar question recently, Fireman Sam gave you such a comprehensive answer I merged it with our Ozzie Visa thread here: http://ruadventures.com/index.php?topic=304.0

Maybe you missed it as I moved it.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Chris

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 09:06:08 AM »
Jag, you asked a similar question recently, Fireman Sam gave you such a comprehensive answer I merged it with our Ozzie Visa thread here: http://ruadventures.com/index.php?topic=304.0

Maybe you missed it as I moved it.

and what Matt stated  quite clearly is

If you have never met the lass in person and she is talking about coming to Australia to be with you....
1 It is probably being set up for a scam;
2 You will more than likely waste your $75 application fee as your application won't get past the perusal stage.

and

"Assuming you have been together in Russia and you have the means" this is not the case here, but read the FS full story, he has already done this twice and been successful both times, in fact his lady is with him now in Aus, but to be able to do it without going to see her first is a big ask!

Слава Україні

Offline andrew99

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 04:23:21 PM »
i asked her to come over if me going was a problem.(i doubt this will happen)

how can a visa take 2-6 weeks why the variation?

tbelknap

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 07:33:41 PM »
i asked her to come over if me going was a problem.(i doubt this will happen)

how can a visa take 2-6 weeks why the variation?

It is called the Government.  Holidays, support staff and sick people could add to the variation.  I really wonder about you by the questions you post. 

Chances are your girl won't be able to get a visa unless she can show she has a reason to return like a house, kids, marriage  ;D and so on.

Give up the endeavor Jag.  If you can't get your a$$ on a plane than this won't work.  I for one won't be answering any more of your questions since they seem to be a waste of time.  You don't seem serious at all.

Thomas

Offline Chris

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 02:59:25 AM »
It is called the Government.  Holidays, support staff and sick people could add to the variation.  I really wonder about you by the questions you post. 

Chances are your girl won't be able to get a visa unless she can show she has a reason to return like a house, kids, marriage  ;D and so on.

Give up the endeavor Jag.  If you can't get your a$$ on a plane than this won't work.  I for one won't be answering any more of your questions since they seem to be a waste of time.  You don't seem serious at all.

Thomas

I totally agree with Thomas, the questions you are asking now are only to try and get someone to agree with you, enough of us here have spelled it out, there is slim if little chance of her getting a visa to visit you, especially when you have never met this girl,  if you don't believe us, at least believe what your fellow Aussies say. FS has spelt it out for you quite clearly, 
Quote from: FS
If you have never met the lass in person and she is talking about coming to Australia to be with you....
You will more than likely waste your $75 application fee as your application won't get past the perusal stage.

The way to flit from one idea to another and do not listen or take heed of advise gives me the impression you are not ready for this endeavour.

As Thomas has said and I said upthread, get over there man and show her you mean business, no RW will put up for long with someone who does not show enough balls to at least get on a plane to go and see her.
Слава Україні