The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Is this letter to INS correct?  (Read 2150 times)

Offline 2 Cats

• Trips: 1-5
Is this letter to INS correct?
« on: November 29, 2007, 12:45:37 PM »
"My girl" has written this letter to send to me then on to the INS to start our K-1 visa process. I realize there are some errors with her grammer but that is understandable considering. What i want to know is this how this letter should be worded? She found some info. somewhere that suggested this way, but i want to be sure first so i ask for your advise please.

Thanks, Bobby
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. (Roosevelt, i believe)

Offline Olga

Re: Is this letter to INS correct?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 01:08:08 PM »
2 Cats,

I did not write and send any letters to INS  ???

Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fiance(e) (K-1)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

K1 Visa (Fiance or Fiancee of U.S. Citizens)

http://usimmigration.visapro.com/K1-Fiance-Visa.asp

III.     Applying for the K1 Visa

A.      Filing the K1 Petition

Your U.S. citizen fiance must file the K1 fiance visa petition on your behalf with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) along with the following forms and documents:

1.     USCIS Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance (If you have unmarried children who are under 21, they are eligible to accompany you, but only if they are listed on this form)

2.     Evidence of U.S. citizenship - Evidence can include original U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship

3.     Two Form G-325A Biographic Data Sheets (one for you and one for your fiance)

4.     One color photo of you and one of your fiance taken within 30 days of filing

5.     Copies of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees if either you or your fiance have been previously married

6.     Proof of permission to marry if you or your fiance are subject to any age restrictions

B.      Applying for the K1 Visa at an American Consulate

Once the USCIS approves of the petition, it forwards it to the American Consulate where you will be applying for the K1 visa. The petition is valid for a period of four months from the date of USCIS action, and may be revalidated by the consular officer.

The consular officer will notify you when the approved petition is received and provide you the necessary forms and instructions to apply for a K1 visa. You may have to submit the following documents as a part of your K1 fiance visa application at the American Consulate:

1.     Valid passport

2.     Copy of your birth certificate

3.     Copies of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees if either of you have been previously married

4.     Police certificate from all places where you have lived since age 16

5.     Medical examination

6.     Evidence that your fiance will support you

7.     Evidence of valid relationship with your fiance

8.     Two photographs 1 and 1/2 inches square (37x37mm), showing full face, against a light background

Offline 2 Cats

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 04:21:45 PM »
DUH,.... i forgot to copy & paste her letter for you to critique.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear USINS OFFICER,

Thank you for the taking time to read this letter.

My name is Marina Kalaytanova, living in Russia.

I have got acquainted with American citizen Robert Perry in the middle of August of 2006 year. We contact with each other by e-mail, web camera and speak by phone almost every single day. I met Robert (Bobby) in person in October 27th 2007 in Kiev, Ukraine. We had 9 happy days together. We know each other long time and our relationship became deep and serious that let us to have intention to be together forever. We love each other and can make each other happier if we will be together. It is very hard to find just right person to share life with. However Robert and I, we are very happy that had lucky chance to find each other. We discussed about marriage and really feel with intention to get married within 90 days of my admission to the United States of America. We would want to have happy family. We are law abiding people and prepared to execute all necessary requirements and will follow the proper legal channels to be together. I have enclosed all items as requested.

We hope on your understanding and indulgence.

Sincerely,

Marina Kalaytanova.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. (Roosevelt, i believe)

Dave13

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 05:19:27 PM »
Bobby
            Your lady is right, what she has sent you is called the Letter of Intent , you both need to include a letter with your K-1., this will show your intentions are to get married.  If you have any questions just ask and best of luck.

Dave

Offline Olga

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »
I found some letters

http://www.geocities.com/steveo_and_kimmy/steveletter.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/steveo_and_kimmy/kimletter.jpg

I don't know why but I wasn't even asked to send such letter and we did not have any problem.

Offline 2 Cats

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »
Thanks for you advice Dave, and your time and advice Olga.
bp

Registration