The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Fast food, FSU style  (Read 8129 times)

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Fast food, FSU style
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 09:31:00 AM »
She is quite forceful and seems to get places, even when told no.

Yes, nothing is so entertaining as real life. From an entertainment perspective the best scenes are those where she is being ordered to leave a kitchen while kneeling on the floor in the discovery of rat drippings and cockroach caresses. The staff seem embarrassed, the operators/managers are having a meltdown, and all the while her camera guys just keep on filming.  ;D

She and her camera guys have been shoved around on occasion and it is amazing that there haven't been more violent reactions to her revelations. She and her camera crew were in danger and more than just mildly roughed up back in 2012 after a restaurant owner in Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky went ballistic.

Offline Donhollio

Re: Fast food, FSU style
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »
 That's the place Mendy!! At least I know where the washrooms are! :thumbsup: 
Been some years as I have mentioned, but it did bring back those memories.  If I was paying attention when I visited the place, I should have clued in to why I shouldn't go there, as most items were egg this, or egg that. Even the logo is a happy egg.