The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: USA Advance Parole  (Read 1537 times)

Offline jlogajan

USA Advance Parole
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:58:54 PM »
I don't quite understand under what conditions the USA will grant Advance Parole to a K-1 spouse.  Does it have to be some major reason or is just wanting to visit mom and dad back in the old country a sufficient reason?

Offline Jet

Re: USA Advance Parole
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 06:11:21 PM »
Visiting family is sufficient reason.
The most vociferous protestations invariably come from the worst offenders ~ Alcee Hastings - US house of Representatives

Offline ielocal

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 07:43:58 PM »
Visiting family is sufficient reason.

Yup, that's about what we listed on my wife's application IIRC.
-ielocal

Offline Simoni

• Sometimes known as Rocket Man.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 08:28:36 PM »
So how long does AP take, from the time you apply until you get it?
And I think it's going to be a long, long time...

Offline Patrick

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 07:10:14 PM »
Ours took two days. We made a app with infopass  in Fairfax Va and got it the next day .Two passport photos, filled out paperwork with marriage lic, Passport with Visa and paid $ 180.00 each for wife and daughter. If you go through the formal channels you will wait 45 to 60 days for it. They were very nice and helpful. The form is good for one year with multi entries in to the US. It is a very good service that they provide and well worth every penny that you spend for that service..

Offline Simoni

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 11:12:48 PM »
Thanks, Patrick...that's great info to know!  I'll go with the fast service, too.

Offline whitey_mo

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 05:57:05 AM »
Hi Rocketman,
I see its been a while since you posted, I hope you found success with the travel and the travel document I-131.  If also applying for her citizenship, I'd try to be sure she isn't out of the country around citizenship interview time. 
Yeah, the Infopass can really be a boon, even if it costs a little.
Hey, marriage agencies can't help it if anybody is a bridge troll.

Offline Simoni

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 09:08:54 PM »
Thanks, Whitey_mo, it all worked out.  She flew to Ukraine last week, and I'll be joining her there next week.  We appreciate your insights and good wishes.

Offline dwfunk

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 03:43:20 PM »
FYI, in an emergency, she can just go.  Then immediately, you the USC file an infopass appointment, take all the needed documentation along with documentation to support the emergency, fill out the forms, pay the money and it will be granted.  There is then a process to get the document to the nearest consular station for her to pick up to use to get back into the USA.

------
David & Natalia
Republic of Texas / Moscow, Russia
УЛ. КОНЕНКОВА
16th World Spacemodeling Championships