The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Flowers to Poltava  (Read 10814 times)

Offline Gipsy

Re: Flowers to Poltava
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 06:30:46 AM »
I guess I'm just not romantic   :hidechair:  Or maybe Im just tight  :ROFL:

I know for sure I would never send any flowers to a women in Poltava  ;D

I would suggest that you sending flowers to a woman ANYWHERE may result in a proverbial "Knife in the back"...   :ROFL:

I agree, and yes I am a Yankee-Cloggie it does not get much tighter. Unless a suitor has a passport and ticket to his dearest in hand it is a waste of money.

I would suggest send the flowers to Steve's wife she will be grateful and there will be less Steve grumpy posting.

Its the wife Birthday tomorrow  :) She's always reminding me about the flowers especially when we walk past the florist , it just so happens our hands are usually full with shopping so no room  :laugh:

Anyway she in for a nice shopping trip tomorrow in London  ;D

And a new passport for you??

No  :(  Have no time as were in Transnistria in 4 weeks , I will solve the passport problem there ;D  Then its Yalta in Crimea a couple of weeks after for a sun tan  :travel:

Steve, you can get a new passport at waterloo in 4 hours, go in in the am, collect in the pm, job done..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 07:13:34 AM »

I would suggest that you sending flowers to a woman ANYWHERE may result in a proverbial "Knife in the back"...   :ROFL:

I agree, and yes I am a Yankee-Cloggie it does not get much tighter. Unless a suitor has a passport and ticket to his dearest in hand it is a waste of money.

I would suggest send the flowers to Steve's wife she will be grateful and there will be less Steve grumpy posting.

Its the wife Birthday tomorrow  :) She's always reminding me about the flowers especially when we walk past the florist , it just so happens our hands are usually full with shopping so no room  :laugh:

No  :(  Have no time as were in Transnistria in 4 weeks , I will solve the passport problem there ;D  Then its Yalta in Crimea a couple of weeks after for a sun tan  :travel:

Steve, you can get a new passport at waterloo in 4 hours, go in in the am, collect in the pm, job done..

They have a passport office there? I thought the only one for a 24 hour passport was in Wales?
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 07:19:30 AM »

They have a passport office there? I thought the only one for a 24 hour passport was in Wales?

Peterborough ?
Victoria?

Anyway, I thought you were giving up your British citizenship?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 07:24:19 AM »

Peterborough ?
Victoria?

Anyway, I thought you were giving up your British citizenship?

I always do what I say I intend to do. Just some times things take longer than planed due to things that are out of my control  :laugh:

But If I say I will be giving it up , it will happen for sure :)

Im a doer not a talker...

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 07:51:06 AM »

Don't you mean Victoria?
Premium service, tho'.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 08:01:18 AM »

Don't you mean Victoria?
Premium service, tho'.

You mean a service like this?

http://www.ukpassportoffices.co.uk/guaranteed-passport/

They are very crafty, I have seen many web sites like this. You think your dealing with the Passport office but intact they just offer a service thats way over priced!
One thing I don't have tatted on my forehead is "Mug"

I can do from Moldova as we have family returning to the UK from there, will just take a week. It will just mean I will have to climb over the hedge when we go down to Chisinau to avoid the border guards :)

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 08:16:25 AM »
No, I don't mean that. The one at Victoria is HM Passport Office. You pay a bit more for the same day service but if you need a passport renewed in a hurry its worth it.
The link you gave is just some dodgy intermediary service unaffiliated to HMG. Wouldn't touch em with a barge pole.

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 08:18:11 AM »

Don't you mean Victoria?
Premium service, tho'.

You mean a service like this?

http://www.ukpassportoffices.co.uk/guaranteed-passport/

They are very crafty, I have seen many web sites like this. You think your dealing with the Passport office but intact they just offer a service thats way over priced!
One thing I don't have tatted on my forehead is "Mug"

I can do from Moldova as we have family returning to the UK from there, will just take a week. It will just mean I will have to climb over the hedge when we go down to Chisinau to avoid the border guards :)

I got mine renewed in Liverpool 2013 in 4 hours, Sunday too. There was a huge Russian ship in Dock (North Atlantic WW2 celebration or something) and Russian sailors everywhere, I was chatting to some in Russian, later on near the Cavern (full of Russian Sailors!) this Scouse beggar starts hassling me for money, just ignored him. My then 12 yo daughter was with me, listening to this Scouse babble and said "Is he Russian too?" She never understood a word he said...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2016, 08:20:10 AM »
No, I don't mean that. The one at Victoria is HM Passport Office. You pay a bit more for the same day service but if you need a passport renewed in a hurry its worth it.
The link you gave is just some dodgy intermediary service unaffiliated to HMG. Wouldn't touch em with a barge pole.

I will have a look if I can find it :)

Never had these sort of problems 2000 years ago !!!

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2016, 08:39:01 AM »
Her Majesty's Passport Office
Globe House

89 Eccleston Square

London

SW1V 1PN

By appointment only

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 08:57:29 AM »
Globe House

89 Eccleston Square

London

SW1V 1PN

By appointment only

:thumbsup:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2016, 09:03:50 AM »
I got mine renewed in Liverpool 2013 in 4 hours, Sunday too. There was a huge Russian ship in Dock (North Atlantic WW2 celebration or something) and Russian sailors everywhere, I was chatting to some in Russian, later on near the Cavern (full of Russian Sailors!) this Scouse beggar starts hassling me for money, just ignored him. My then 12 yo daughter was with me, listening to this Scouse babble and said "Is he Russian too?" She never understood a word he said...

Golden.  :nod:  I attend the English Reformed Church in Amsterdam. We once had a minister come from one of the Scottish Islands, no one, even the Scotts, had a clue what the sermon was about.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2016, 09:07:51 AM »

Golden.  :nod:  I attend the English Reformed Church in Amsterdam. We once had a minister come from one of the Scottish Islands, no one, even the Scotts, had a clue what the sermon was about.

Maybe it was Scots Gaelic?
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 09:34:02 AM »
Globe House

89 Eccleston Square

London

SW1V 1PN

By appointment only

Victoria?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2016, 11:16:59 AM »

Don't you mean Victoria?
Premium service, tho'.

Yes, that's what I meant sorry for the confusion..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2016, 08:58:33 AM »
Instant passport service is handy. Also, once your ugly mug is on the system on can order drivers licences online and, I think, replacement passports.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2016, 07:49:11 AM »
Im on my way home tomorrow had no time for the Passport in any case, that will have to wait until Im in Moldova now ;D