The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Double and Single Entry RU Visa  (Read 1457 times)

Offline mogurx

Double and Single Entry RU Visa
« on: April 23, 2007, 08:11:38 PM »
I just received a RU-2x tourist visa, I think.  That is what I paid for anyway.  I do not see anything on it that says "single or double", 1 or 2, or etc.

Does anyone know what to look for on one or what it should say?  I would hate to leave RU and expect to return only to have a problem at "The Frontier".

I am leaving soon....
Serious error.
Screen. Heart. Both are blank. 
You are 404

Offline chivo

Re: Double and Single Entry RU Visa
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:15:17 PM »
Mog,

At the top of your visa, under the number, there should be a word in russian that will state the type of entry you have. For instance, mine reads, многократная (repeated) as my visa is multi-entry.

Most visas nowadays will be in both Russian and English, except for the amount of times you can enter. Again, it should be indicated in Russian just below the visa number.

You can always call the company you worked with just  for peace of mind. If you want send me the word and I can translate it, or you can translate it yourself. Good luck and welcome to Russia.

chivo   

Offline chivo

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 03:03:57 AM »
sorry, was in a hurry this morning. Anyway, the word you need to see is Двукратная  (double). good luck

chivo

Offline mogurx

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 08:34:40 PM »
I translated the words in the upper-right corner and did come up with "double from", so it is a double entry visa.  Natch, others gave me the answer while I was doing my look-up in my fat R-E dictionary, so thanks for the effort.

m
Serious error.
Screen. Heart. Both are blank. 
You are 404

Registration