The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Need someone to translate a few Russian e mails ( sense of humor helpful)  (Read 4618 times)

Offline JL

• Trips: Semi-Resident
Hey...I am playing with a scammer. I need someone who can translate her Russian e mails into English and then my response to her into Russian. This is a funny one. She loves to talk really dirty. :))

My girlfriend refuses to do it thank God.  She has enough problems understanding my weird sense of humor.

Obviously this is not worth much to me and I may just get one of my mothers Russian students or one of my Ukrainian friends to do it. Problem is most of my Ukrainian friends are old girlfriends I still keep in touch with and the guys I know are busy. I may need to find a University student who wants to make a few bucks and have some laughs.
They are usually 70 to 100 word e mails. Anyone wanna mess with it let me know :)

Thanks,
Jim

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
  • Trips: 1-5
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Need someone to translate a few Russian e mails ( sense of humor helpful)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 06:07:16 AM »
Why waste so much time on this, do you not have anything better to do  :'( I'm not surprised at your GF's refusal to get involved.
Слава Україні

Offline JL

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 07:16:36 AM »
;D http://translate.google.ru/#en/ru/

are you serious. Have you ever tried that. almost totally worthless. There are a couple of good online traslators but Google is terrible.

Offline JL

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 07:24:27 AM »
Why waste so much time on this, do you not have anything better to do  :'( I'm not surprised at your GF's refusal to get involved.

I would appreciate it if you could actually help or offer information  on topic and not just start a thread on another subject. You are a moderator for Christs sake. My motivations are not the topic.

This is why I hardly ever post or come here anymore. We can't ask a simple question.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 08:43:54 AM »

I would appreciate it if you could actually help or offer information  on topic and not just start a thread on another subject. You are a moderator for Christs sake. My motivations are not the topic.

This is why I hardly ever post or come here anymore. We can't ask a simple question.

You asked a simple question and so did I, which was, "why waste so much time on this?" if you don't want to answer but would rather waste your time in a futile effort to amuse yourself, then so be it!

Слава Україні

Offline JL

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 09:14:37 AM »

You asked a simple question and so did I, which was, "why waste so much time on this?" if you don't want to answer but would rather waste your time in a futile effort to amuse yourself, then so be it!

Correct...the answer was obvious. Why ask the question. I always regret asking a question here now.

Offline Barbossa

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 09:33:42 AM »
So,

Let me understand something.  You have a girlfriend.  You are showing her letters that you have received from a scammer and you wanted your girlfriend to translate them for entertainment purposes for your entertainment, not hers?  She refuses?

Your question should have been, 'What is wrong with my girlfriend that she is still hanging with me?'

If you cannot understand what I just wrote, you probably should ask your mother.

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouses Country: Belarus
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 11:02:44 AM »
So,

Let me understand something.  You have a girlfriend.  You are showing her letters that you have received from a scammer and you wanted your girlfriend to translate them for entertainment purposes for your entertainment, not hers?  She refuses?

Your question should have been, 'What is wrong with my girlfriend that she is still hanging with me?'

If you cannot understand what I just wrote, you probably should ask your mother.

+100

I'd imgaine she is probably wondering why he is still communicating with other women/ Boris?

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 01:55:43 PM »
;D http://translate.google.ru/#en/ru/

are you serious. Have you ever tried that. almost totally worthless. There are a couple of good online traslators but Google is terrible.
Same as you asking for such help
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »

JL, I recommend not playing with scammers because you are just teaching them to
be better at their scams. The additional interaction with them helps them figure out
how you figured them out.

I say don't send them to scammer school.

If you wanted to spend some money then I can recommend a few people but 
probably using google translate is as good as it gets for free.

If you want a better translation from one of the software based translators
translate it then translate it back to English. If the re-translated phrase doesn't
make sense then reword it until it makes sense both ways.

Lastly Millaa is one of the few people here that can tell you how good the
translation program is. Which is your favorite?

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Registration