The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Errors in communication with Russian women.  (Read 8168 times)

Offline Vinnvinny

• Trips: 20+
Re: Errors in communication with Russian women.
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 03:44:48 PM »
Opening the door goes all the way back to the cave man. First person out is the one who gets eaten.

:ROFL:

Yeah, that was funny.  :thumbsup:

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 03:52:05 PM »
"I do not like long correspondence.  I prefer intercourse." 
  and the wedding in one month LoL

It could be worse, she could have said "I don't like long intercourse, I prefer correspondence."

As always LOL, Vinn!  :laugh: But be very careful stating stuff like this on the forum: "The lesson I learned is avoid ladies in their 30’s who have never been married, there’s a reason for that."
Do you remember the treatment I got when I said something similar like  "be careful with the women in their mid 30s who have never been married and have no kids"?

The difference is Ed is that you were referring to a lady's age and I her IQ.
:bow:

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2013, 03:58:04 PM »
why I started this topic? just recently, I again tried to write a guy with RUA / he was pulling a very long time to answer and photos. But when he sent the photos. I was terrified. he was trying to impress me strange uniforms. and said it was beautiful. but we absolutely do not recognize the military vests for clothes. Normal View Russian alcoholic. I again had failed.

guys. Clothing for Russian women is also of great importance.

perhaps a good guy but this error immediately ended all relationships.
Talk about cultural barrier... Ladine, you couldn't be more wrong about American guys in military Uniform. I've known quite a few of them ( and had a few as clients) and most of them really deserve lots of respect. They have good values and live a very clean, healthy life. That was your loss IMHO.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2013, 04:08:57 PM »
:bow: "I do not like long correspondence.  I prefer intercourse." 
  and the wedding in one month LoL

You can't imagine how close that that is to reality in Western/FSU relationships.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
I agree with Ladine. Show me an ex military guy and I’ll show you a drunk. :innocent:

Offline Aloe

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »
The worst mistake, almost unforgivable, is to insult a RW's pride or to humiliate her.  RW have much pride.  For example, it is highly insulting to a RW if a man says something that suggests he considers her country to be second rate.

Very true. Very many men make this mistake, and very early, thereby drastically decreasing their chances.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
I agree with Ladine. Show me an ex military guy and I’ll show you a drunk. :innocent:
Not the guys I know...

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 05:29:46 PM »
Not the guys I know...

I rarely drink...maybe I should so as not to upset the balance or the myth.
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline Ladine

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »
why I started this topic? just recently, I again tried to write a guy with RUA / he was pulling a very long time to answer and photos. But when he sent the photos. I was terrified. he was trying to impress me strange uniforms. and said it was beautiful. but we absolutely do not recognize the military vests for clothes. Normal View Russian alcoholic. I again had failed.

guys. Clothing for Russian women is also of great importance.

perhaps a good guy but this error immediately ended all relationships.
Talk about cultural barrier... Ladine, you couldn't be more wrong about American guys in military Uniform. I've known quite a few of them ( and had a few as clients) and most of them really deserve lots of respect. They have good values and live a very clean, healthy life. That was your loss IMHO.

Ed you know that the uniforms are different. have a beautiful shape that attracts and has the usual sweatshirt guard object. which is off-putting. he did not send the picture for a long time. as if he were a resident of the white house. why such secrecy? He sent me the usual form of the guard the parking lot and said it was beautiful.
He said that he bought and that he had visited, and not a word is asked of me. I do not understand these people. I'm just finishing up correspondence.

I believe that if you love only yourself then you should not look for a Russian woman. she did not understand. We used to get favors above all to us. and interest. If you are interested only in your car or trips and remember the woman only when you only profitable? that we do not fit. it's the biggest mistake men of other countries.
smart will learn - a fool would teach.
Никогда не оправдывайся, если ты невиновен. Если в вас бросают грязью, к вам может и не долететь. А руки того, кто это делает, останутся в грязи. Люблю вас всех.

Offline Ladine

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 11:16:31 PM »
The worst mistake, almost unforgivable, is to insult a RW's pride or to humiliate her.  RW have much pride.  For example, it is highly insulting to a RW if a man says something that suggests he considers her country to be second rate.

Most mistakes are honest mistakes.  They should not be a big deal.  More important is attitude and flexibility.  I agree with Vinny about his date and the door at the top of the stairs.  She should not have been so rigid.  A cross-cultural marriage requires much patience and flexibility, starting with giving the other person the benefit of the doubt.

Contrast Vinny's date with my date a decade ago who told me that men should step first into an elevator .....(pause).....in case it falls.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:   Smart, witty woman.

I agree  with you  :)
smart will learn - a fool would teach.
Никогда не оправдывайся, если ты невиновен. Если в вас бросают грязью, к вам может и не долететь. А руки того, кто это делает, останутся в грязи. Люблю вас всех.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 07:42:45 AM »

Do you remember the treatment I got when I said something similar like  "be careful with the women in their mid 30s who have never been married and have no kids"?

Errm, you actually told us that they were all likely to be mentally ill.

There is some difference here and it is not a cultural one.

I started my search with a max of 16 years difference (46 / 30) but soon discovered there were too many differences in interests, tastes, and maturity (even with FSUW)...not to mention most either had children or wanted to have them so I had to change tactics and keep the gap to 10-12 or less (48 / 36).  It seems that 36 is a breaking point for many in wanting to still have children so the possibilities increased and they are still not too old to keep up with my active lifestyle.  I realize this reduced my chances of finding a match but some things you just can't settle on  :biggrin:
Be careful, be VERY careful when dealing with a woman over 35 who has no kids. In my experience most of them have psychological or psychiatric issues.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!