The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: shipping a package to Russia?  (Read 3499 times)

Offline 2 Cats

• Trips: 1-5
shipping a package to Russia?
« on: September 23, 2013, 06:39:40 AM »
My step-son has bought a pair of shoes from Amazon, they don't ship internationally, so he had them shipped to me. And now I am to ship them to him in Russia. I told him about the possibilities of these shoes not arriving via USPS (regular postal service) but he wishes to take the risk. DHL, FedEx, etc. charge is around $120 and up. Can't do that at that price. Anyone have any suggestions? Personally, I think he (I) should return the shoes to Amazon. The disappointment of not having these shoes will not be as bad not having these shoes and the loss of $80. as well.  :'(
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. (Roosevelt, i believe)

Offline molly35ru

Re: shipping a package to Russia?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:25:34 AM »
Why wouldn't they arrive?
My friend sent running shoes to my daughter and they arrived here just fine. It took them two months though. 
Words that are said in anger can rarely be taken back so be mindful what you say.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: shipping a package to Russia?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 08:35:58 AM »
We have an extensive sticky on this subject: http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=2670.0
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Registration