The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Things to do just before the interview that will affect your future together  (Read 18694 times)

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
  • Trips: 20+
1. Have her get a full dentist work-over. It is one thing to say it and another to actually impress on a RW that the difference can mean thousands of dollars 6 months to a year down the road. It should also not be done immediately before leaving in case something done is not done correctly and needs fixing.

Been there, done that... paid to have the botched FSU dental work corrected (at ten times the original "savings").

I agree but if she has a decent dentist with a good track record then it should be OK. I admit that my own work has not always been top notch but at least what I have had done did not cause worse problems. Once I lost a difficult filling a week after I got it but I have two bridges and multiple root canals that have been fine for 6-7 years now. The little lady goes once a year for some minor work, more often a lost filling. There are as many bad dentists as there are decent enough ones.
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline Vinnvinny

Once I lost a difficult filling a week after I got it but I have two bridges and multiple root canals that have been fine for 6-7 years now.

I’m interested to know more about this difficult filling. Argumentative I guess, rather obstreperous at times?

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
Once I lost a difficult filling a week after I got it but I have two bridges and multiple root canals that have been fine for 6-7 years now.

I’m interested to know more about this difficult filling. Argumentative I guess, rather obstreperous at times?

Difficult (in my mind) as in anything with less than full support on all sides. A filling on top has full support. One on the top and side has less. One on the corner and top may not last long. When you get to a point where you really need a cap but don't have the time or the money then I get a difficult filling. I have no other word for it and don't much care to learn one.
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
"Inlay" or "onlay"
"Get away from the keyboard little man. I know where you live." (Message left in my facebook mailbox by our resident psychopath.)