The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Where was this girl trying to go?  (Read 5872 times)

Offline CC3

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
Re: Where was this girl trying to go?
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2013, 04:01:48 AM »
Andrew, go meet her, but set the trip up as an adventure that could stand alone as an interesting and enlightening cultural experience if the romance should prove lacking. To facilitate that, and since local travel is easier for her as a native speaker, arrange to meet her in an interesting city that can be fun without chasing women and going to overpriced 'date' restaurants. Odesa, Kyiv, or even L'viv, if she will travel that far, are all historically and culturally interesting...L'viv the most so. If you go in the summer, Odesa will be crowded; better to go there in September or October.

You can book, for daily rental, a one bedroom apartment, all of which usually have sleeper sofas in living rooms with privacy doors, so it won't look like you are prematurely trying to get her into bed. Check out dobovo.com to become familiar with the Ukrainian apartment rental market. Even with no romance, she will be invaluable as an interpreter and guide, if she knows the town. Parenthetically, most rental apartments usually come with free broadband wi-fi. Airline routing-wise, Odesa, L'viv, and Kyiv are all served, nonstop, out of Germany by Lufthansa.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other *snip* die for his.
George S. Patton

Offline andrewpttsbrgh

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »
This is my final posting on this topic.  But here's how it ended.  I didn't buy her clothes.  This time, she came to me with a bleeding heart story and asked me to buy her a car..need I say anymore?  My instincts were correct.  This is done.  Thank you to all that helped me.

Drew

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2013, 04:19:44 AM »
. . . she came to me with a bleeding heart story and asked me to buy her a car. . .

Drew, We will assume that she preferred a Bentley to a Jaguar. The reality is though there are good women all around the world and there seems to be a hot spot for them in what was the Soviet Union, so we hope you will stick around and maybe tells us more about your adventures. Otherwise the owner of this site will have to find some other way to justify the name Russian Ukraine Adventures. Av
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Boris

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2013, 06:27:25 PM »
This is my final posting on this topic.  But here's how it ended.  I didn't buy her clothes.  This time, she came to me with a bleeding heart story and asked me to buy her a car..need I say anymore?  My instincts were correct.  This is done.  Thank you to all that helped me.

Drew

Most of us have gone through something similar. It's all part of the syllabus... tiphat

Offline mhr7

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2013, 06:39:12 PM »

Drew
Sorry to hear this. I hope it doesn't stop you from your search. There are some great women here.
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." -- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Offline andrewpttsbrgh

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »
Sorry to hear this. I hope it doesn't stop you from your search. There are some great women here.

In the end...this hasn't bothered me.  Every women is unique  Just because a woman is amazing, doest mean she's the right lady for me.  This has not deterred me I'm happy to say.

Drew

Registration