The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: In Ukraine and it's a disaster.  (Read 12222 times)

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
Re: In Ukraine and it's a disaster.
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 03:07:33 PM »
Recommendations in case of an agency you don't know or not recommanded by any another forum members

Patagonie,

You misspelled. :chuckle:

Offline patagonie

• Real life is meeting and kissing
  • Spouses Country: ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 03:31:55 PM »
Recommendations in case of an agency you don't know or not recommanded by any another forum members

Patagonie,

Larry, tell me what i did wrong, i try to make constant improvement with english. You are welcome.

Offline ashbyclarke

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 03:38:03 PM »
I will be asking her to write me with her email address when I send the letter when I get home and if she declines I will say goodbye.

What for? You know she is not interested in you so what the point of carrying on writting emails?

I'm sure you work for an agency, yet to hear sound advice from you in any regard to dating in Ukriane.

Thing is he's been stitched up, why not play a game with them? I would, play a game back, p*ss them off like they have him, alright doesn't need to be a life mission or anything but sometimes a little payback makes people feel better, as long as it's done in a controlled way.

Thing is you are so tunnel vission it's untrue.

If only the ignore function would work as it should I wouldn't need read what you write   :chuckle:
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Offline patagonie

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
If this guy can meet women in Ukraine, so can you.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IOM6fpFgj00" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IOM6fpFgj00</a>

Yes there is hope for all those guys in the room with the elephant.  What the heck was that bird nest looking thing on his head?  At least he spoke some Russian..that scored some points...maybe
Why this guy is not so good :
1/ you don't run after a girl, she can find it so weird that she can shout
2/ you don't start to say you are the most beautiful
3/ he crosses his arms
4/ he is too much front of her
5/ rather than to body rock, he make he moves, too early, in the beginning.
6/ Very bad he hughs her at the end
7/ he don't check his numclose.
What i like
he feigns to go when she says that she is lawyer
Positive energy
He is expressive
He is smiling.
He did it
He elects her
And normally he closes her

Offline Larry

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »

Patagonie,

Larry, tell me what i did wrong, i try to make constant improvement with english. You are welcome.

Patagonie,  it wasn't an English language error.  You just got the wrong forum.  :)  Easy to do.

Offline patagonie

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2013, 04:05:29 PM »
Yes you are right, i did a copy and paste and voilà !  :)  :snivel:

Offline Romantic Reg

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 04:56:01 PM »
I used this agency about 4 years ago to meet a girl in Simferopol and i could smell a rat fairly quickly, there seemed to be a scam going on with the terp and girl so i dumped them straight away.
I had originally been writing to 3 girls with them, i google imaged the girls name and city and found they were both using EM so i joined and met them directly without the agency hassle.
A friend of mine was recently having a look for a girl from Ukr and he saw a girl he liked on CB and asked me what i thought, i posted on the agency forum and had no replies - anyway i told him to bin CB and he found the girl on EM using the method mentioned above.

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 06:07:27 PM »
Any updates John?  Has were the last few days in UA?
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline Boris

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 07:13:01 PM »
I used Charming Brides in Kharkov. Never, ever use thier affiliates outside of Kharkov. They have no control over them. Charming Brides themselves are, at best, a dicey operation. Looking at their site now it looks like they have Aweb aspirations.

As my wife says, "A Western man who looks for a wife in Ukraine is a little crazy. It is too dangerous for them."

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 07:40:56 PM »

As my wife says, "A Western man who looks for a wife in Ukraine is a little crazy. It is too dangerous for them."

Only a little?  :chuckle:
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline Larry

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2013, 07:48:31 PM »

Is it a little crazy for a WM to look for a UW who has moved to the West?

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2013, 08:20:39 PM »

What do you think?  ;D
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline Larry

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2013, 08:35:22 PM »

What do you think?  ;D

I think it makes good sense, although I suppose it depends on which UW it is. :)

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 08:35:55 PM »

Even crazier!  :hidechair:
Anchors Rewoven

Offline CC3

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 04:04:58 PM »
I used Charming Brides in Kharkov. Never, ever use thier affiliates outside of Kharkov. They have no control over them. Charming Brides themselves are, at best, a dicey operation. Looking at their site now it looks like they have Aweb aspirations.

I wasn't looking for my fiancee in Ukraine. I was looking in the entirety of eastern Europe. The one, with whom I began a relationship and later with whom I became engaged, just happened to live in UA...and to be the best woman I've ever known.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other *snip* die for his.
George S. Patton

Registration