The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ukraine visa question  (Read 1201 times)

Offline mcb885

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
Ukraine visa question
« on: June 04, 2013, 08:09:09 AM »
Have a hard time finding a number on US embassy in Kiev website where I can call about a visa.  Getting ready to go do some military training for a while. Wanted to double tap on how long her visa is good until.  What number would I call from USA? Between what hours? 

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
Re: Ukraine visa question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 08:11:19 AM »

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:20:54 AM »
Can you please clarify?

Who's visa? Fiance? Is she in the US via a K-1?

If yes, then don't waste your time with the US Embassy in Kiev and call the US Dept of State. You should have a local branch.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 08:42:23 AM »
Have a hard time finding a number on US embassy in Kiev website where I can call about a visa.  Getting ready to go do some military training for a while. Wanted to double tap on how long her visa is good until.  What number would I call from USA? Between what hours?

Assuming it is a K1, unless otherwise specified on the visa, it should be valid for 6 months, and then 90 days to get married when she arrives in USA.  I assume  it has not been issued, yet, otherwise there should be a "valid until" field on the face of the document.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline mcb885

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:13:29 AM »
Fiancé visa yes.  I have seen nothing on what date it is good until.  Visa paperwork was reviewed by Vermont branch.  Just don't know who to call they don't have a number.  Case was approved in January visa was not issued until march so would it be the end of August?

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 09:23:08 AM »
Fiancé visa yes.  I have seen nothing on what date it is good until.  Visa paperwork was reviewed by Vermont branch.  Just don't know who to call they don't have a number.  Case was approved in January visa was not issued until march so would it be the end of August?

First, her stay is dependent on what the guy at the port of entry (POE) will put on her I-90 in her passport. Usually, they put nothing and she has 90 from when she enters the country to get married. The time allotted to use her visa is 6 months from issuance.