The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: the movie "An Education  (Read 6355 times)

Offline redAlbert

• Jesus freak
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: the movie "An Education
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »
thank you again all of you, been a lot of help and answered my root question, and gave me some great information. I found vk from here, and that is quite the search people engine. I didn't find her on that web site, she has lied to me and I haven't confronted her on it, thinking of just washing my hands of that, and I strongly believe the web site pays the ladies compensate them. No I haven't had much luck with PPS, so that is why I am thinking of just learning the speaking language and actually go there. All the tips here have been very helpful, and thank you all for the warm welcome.

claims she lives in Ivanofrankovsk, Івано-Франківськ
invested into 4 different sites, did some research, next to nothing good on 3 of them. but again, the best thing is just to go there. I am shooting for about a month, but hard to learn a foreign lang. in that time.  It is crazy to spend thousands or even 10 of thousands.. eeck. those men should be jailed, supporting that industry

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »
I am thinking of just learning the speaking language and actually go there.

... the best thing is just to go there. I am shooting for about a month, but hard to learn a foreign lang. in that time.

It is not remotely realistic to think one can learn much Russian in a month.  Many UW do speak English though. 

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 06:36:53 PM »
Albert my two cents and that is not much; perhaps you should read some more on RUA.

It seems you have determined that the site that Ms. Ivano-Frankivsk is on is in fact fraudulent and that you do not want to use them. It is interesting that you find the men the guilty parties. Fair enough.

You want to learn Russian or Ukraine language, great & good luck. There are numerous resources on RUA to help you. I would multiply your 30 days by a factor of 100 to gain basic command of the language.

Further have you thought about the differences in Christian faith between an Orthodox believer and your own beliefs, perhaps for your self you better define them.

A moderator here, Chris can perhaps give you some advice, his wife comes from this region I believe.

Again I suggest read here and read some more before you "dive in"
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline CC3

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 09:11:10 PM »

Ladine, your map of Ukraine shows Ukrainian names for all cities except Luhans'k. For Luhans'k it shows the name of the Soviet general Voroshilov. That name was struck down 23 years ago in favor of the previous name Luhans'k.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other *snip* die for his.
George S. Patton