The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Plane crash in Kiev!  (Read 12118 times)

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Plane crash in Kiev!
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 10:11:52 AM »
And this is the guy's wife not girlfriend - geez, how do some of these guy's manage to get into such pickles ???

Just to be clear - you're getting BS'd mate :(
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 12:17:53 AM »
Where's the update Art ???
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 02:20:43 AM »

I am guessing that one was a fake crash and burn and the second is a real crash and burn. :(
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »

I am guessing that one was a fake crash and burn and the second is a real crash and burn. :(

:ROFL:

My guess we will never hear the entire report.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Ade

• Spouses Country: Russia/UK-Norway
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2013, 05:39:42 PM »

:ROFL:

My guess we will never hear the entire report.

He posted quite extensively about his first train wreck while it was ongoing so you never know...

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2014, 02:36:35 AM »
Just to update. From recollection.

This guy and his wife continued their relationship. She returned home to Ukraine where she very quickly amassed enough money to build herself a house on the Crimean coast. She was supposed to return to the US but had left it a long time before doing so. The airline refused to let her board because they thought her documents were invalidated by her delayed return.

As a result of the 'stress' the woman had a stroke which put her in hospital. Apparently her long-suffering husband is hopeful that she will regain use of both arms and legs. Currently one arm and leg are non-functional. Hubby checked the docs and has been told that she should have been OK to fly.

Given the current situation in Crimea travel is a little difficult. Hubby is still in the US and she still in Crimea.

What can one say except to note that this woman sure as shit has problems being with her husband and those damned airlines...
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 04:33:08 AM »
Thanks Andrew
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot