The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: what are the chances of Victorias Secret bra/panties making it ti Lugansk intact  (Read 13919 times)

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Ashby...it went great. Had a great time.  Yes I have received things through Royal mail and then turned over once it hits US soil to UPS.....one of our couriers you probably know.
I guess I'll stick it in a large brown envelope and just take it to the USPO....and keep my fingers crossed. It sucks that it takes anywhere from 10-30 days as someone said.

The USPO are dreadfully slow, even receiving goods here in the UK via them is like waiting for grass to grow  :'(  ,  I would try someone else instead even if it costs more.
Слава Україні

Offline JL

• Trips: Semi-Resident
Ashby...it went great. Had a great time.  Yes I have received things through Royal mail and then turned over once it hits US soil to UPS.....one of our couriers you probably know.
I guess I'll stick it in a large brown envelope and just take it to the USPO....and keep my fingers crossed. It sucks that it takes anywhere from 10-30 days as someone said.

The USPO are dreadfully slow, even receiving goods here in the UK via them is like waiting for grass to grow  :'(  ,  I would try someone else instead even if it costs more.

Yes I suspect there is a better way....but nobody has had any suggestions. Several had luck with the postal service many times, DHL seemed to get bad reports. I'm researching it right now. May just fly back over in a month.  :)
There are  many ways to get it out of the US......once it is on European or Ukrainian soil I don't know what is reliable or even exists.

Offline noelscot

• Spouses Country: Russian Federation
  • Trips: 1-5
by intact I mean still usable. :) Will something so small draw attention and prying fingers or is it safe to mail
relativly inexpensive? Is DHL or FED EX or another carrier preferred?
thanks,
Jim

It's safe to mail with the USPS, and economical. It won't be the end of the world if the panties don't make it, but they probably will. I second Krassie, however. Best to hand deliver panties.

Offline noelscot

• Spouses Country: Russian Federation
  • Trips: 1-5

Yes I suspect there is a better way....but nobody has had any suggestions. Several had luck with the postal service many times, DHL seemed to get bad reports. I'm researching it right now. May just fly back over in a month.  :)
There are  many ways to get it out of the US......once it is on European or Ukrainian soil I don't know what is reliable or even exists.

Forgot to mention these guys: http://www.meest.us/

Good luck with the panties.

Offline JL

Forgot to mention these guys: http://www.meest.us/

Good luck with the panties.

Oh man.....this meest.us company was exactly what I needed......at least at first glance. Thanks. I have to send two parcels containing 2 bra's and 2 panties. ( all this underwear talk is getting funny) But I'm guessing 1/4 Kg for each parcel or less. Can't say I ever weighed a bra and panties. :)   ......or dental floss... :)
Hand delivery is nice but this is a favor for acquaintances. I already delivered my girlfriend and her friend their stuff. I'll check out meest.us a bit more and calculate some costs. I'll use the USPO if I have to. Just talked to a girl in Lugansk who had a very expensive designer purse/bag sent to her from a friend in NY via USPS no problem. So I may go shopping at Victoria's Secret tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Jim

Offline JL

hey this meest.us is perfect.  $20 dollars for .5 lb parcel. So I expect my two parcels to be even less. Plus it's insured and trackable.

Registration