The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Chinese Women: The New Ukraine?  (Read 22510 times)

Online Guile

Re: Chinese Women: The New Ukraine?
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2018, 03:38:59 AM »
Omega, you are from Miami?!  Tons of Russians there and also Latinas... I see you started posting in 2011, did you go to Russia between then and now?

I was working in Moscow last year.  No shortage of young ladies to keep one's company. 

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2018, 03:57:40 AM »
Omega, if, after all this time of 'seriously' looking for a wife you find yourself asking this kind of question then the reason that you are not married is not about the women you meet, or fantasize about.

The reason you are not married is looking at you every time you look in the mirror. So, get yourself sorted out - go on a diet, get your career on track, get a social life in your hometown and I bet that you find a great life partner in short order.

If a man can not find a woman who suits him from a population of over 300 million then adding a billion or two more candidates will not solve the problem because the problem isn't the women.[/b]

Then may I ask what is the purpose of this forum? 

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2018, 03:58:20 AM »
Omega, you are from Miami?!  Tons of Russians there and also Latinas... I see you started posting in 2011, did you go to Russia between then and now?

I was working in Moscow last year.  No shortage of young ladies to keep one's company.

Yes, Russia is a lot of fun, also most of Europe. 

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2018, 03:59:43 AM »
Andrew if you've been to Asia perhaps you could contribute some concrete advice. 

I was also asking about the prices in SE Asia for traveling. 

I also like to travel, not just hunt for a wife. 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2018, 04:54:24 AM »
The best advice I can offer is that which you already have.

Right now you don't even know how to frame the issues you face.

You did not ask about the cost of travel in South East Asia but if that is something you need information on then I'd start by looking at Booking.com and Expedia but to get to a point of budgeting for your travel you could do with sorting out your itinerary because otherwise everything is too open ended to be able to make concrete choices.

Oddly enough, the issue that can be identified in respect of how you arrange your vacation time seems to be equally applicable to your search for a life partner.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Guile

« Reply #205 on: June 28, 2018, 07:02:46 AM »

Then may I ask what is the purpose of this forum?

Omega, I skimmed through a few of your earlier posts.  You've been here since 2011 and did a few trips to Belarus, Russia.

It seemed like you didn't have much luck with the girls there. Just saying, 7 years is a long time to still be at first base.  Asia may be good, depends on if you have an interest in the culture and can pick up the language.  I have lived in Hong Kong and Korea and been to China, Thailand. 

All the info about travel can be found on Google. 

andrewfi may be blunt but true.  After doing a few trips you should have some experience with what girls like and what they want from you.

You speak Spanish right, you don't like Latinas?  I never dated any as there are none in my city but all the famous ones I know are very attractive.  Sophia Vergara, Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayak, Jessica Alba..what's not to like?

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #206 on: June 28, 2018, 08:06:16 AM »
Japan anecdote. A long time ago I met a Brit who had lived and worked in Japan and had a serious relationship with a local girl there.

Eventually, he proposed marriage to her. She had to ask her parents and and the parents said no to marrying a foreigner. And that was the end of it.

He left Japan broken-hearted.

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #207 on: June 28, 2018, 08:27:25 AM »
You DO know my step-son is getting married to a Japanese lass ?

Online yankee

« Reply #208 on: June 28, 2018, 08:28:33 AM »
Japan anecdote. A long time ago I met a Brit who had lived and worked in Japan and had a serious relationship with a local girl there.

Eventually, he proposed marriage to her. She had to ask her parents and and the parents said no to marrying a foreigner. And that was the end of it.

My first wife was Japanese.  Her father disowned her when he found out we were going to get married.  Over time we were able to change his mind.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #209 on: June 28, 2018, 10:30:35 AM »

My first wife was Japanese.  Her father disowned her when he found out we were going to get married.  Over time we were able to change his mind.

My brother married a Japanese girl. Her family disowned her until the grandkid's
started arriving, then they recanted.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Manny

« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2018, 01:26:35 PM »
SK - I've never been there.  I know many South Koreans here in SG and I know several happy unions between westerners and Korean women.  SK is quite a feminist society and anecdotally, their women can be ball-breakers.  On the other hand, they can also be drop-dead gorgeous.

Vietnam - I spend a lot of time there.  Wonderful place to visit, but I don't trust Vietnamese at all.  Their cultural attitude to money in relationships is er...well let's just say "transactional".  It's one of the most corrupt societies in the world, and in the rural areas, one of the poorest still.  They have zero concept of the values of openness, trust, honesty and transparency.  I have seen dozens of first-hand reports of disastrous marriages to Vietnamese.  I think a Chinese guy may have the cultural nous to tame one of these women, but a westerner could get turned into mincemeat.  Furthermore, you'll be supporting an extended family for life.  The sole purpose of having children in some Asian societies was historically to support you in your dotage.  It's changing in the urban areas, but slowly.  Great caution advised.

Taiwan has some major cultural differences from PRC.  For a start, although Mandarin is universally spoken, most people are more comfortable in non-Mandarin dialects (Hokkien, Hakka) which gives them a distinct cultural identity and makes them "feel" different to mainland Chinese.  Incidentally, Hokkien is mutually unintelligible with Mandarin so is best described as a language rather than a dialect.  A comparison may be an Englishman trying to understand Dutch.  The occasional word will make sense, but you sure as heck can't have a conversation.

Taiwan is a lot more westernised, has been historically less insular, and has longstanding business links with the USA and Europe.  Taiwan has a lot more links to the west in terms of people being educated abroad, links to overseas diasporas and so on.  Case in point: it's virtually impossible to do business in China as the white guy these days.  They can even be openly hostile to foreigners.  In Taiwan, they welcome doing business with foreigners.  As such, Taiwan should be seen more like a semi-Chinese, partly westernised "China-lite" environment, a bit like HK or Singapore, although not to the same extent.  A huge amount of Taiwanese have family links to HK and SG, too, which gives them exposure to more diverse culture often from an early age.

I've never experienced any hostility in China, but I have tended to stick to one part of it where they see foreigners so that may not be typical.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<<

Offline Manny

« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2018, 01:29:00 PM »

That used to happen in Russia too. It may still do.

Thailand. 

Lots of Finns and other Scandinavians married to them. Dutch too. They seem a popular export.

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<<

Online Guile

« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2018, 03:04:11 PM »

so what?  sample size of ONE.  newer generation are more open minded.  your stepson is probably under 30.  Most guys examples here are referring to older men.

Online Guile

« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2018, 03:09:05 PM »

Case in point: it's virtually impossible to do business in China as the white guy these days.  They can even be openly hostile to foreigners.  In Taiwan, they welcome doing business with foreigners.

Not the case at all.  A good buddy of my works in Shanghai, he's a white guy.  Been there 10 years now.  Lots of foreigners coming, trying to set up shop to tap into the Chinese market.  People are coming around to capitalism now.

And especially in HK where they were under British rule for over 100 years.  there was a huge group of UK expats in the 80's 90's before the handover. 

Howard Schultz of Starbucks did an interview in China recently. BIG business there:   

Online yankee

« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2018, 03:23:59 PM »

so what?  sample size of ONE.  newer generation are more open minded.  your stepson is probably under 30.  Most guys examples here are referring to older men.

I was 22 and my wife was 20.  I was stationed there.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online Guile

« Reply #215 on: June 28, 2018, 03:44:29 PM »

I was 22 and my wife was 20.  I was stationed there.

yes my point..the guys who's wife/girl had parents who disapproved probably were older.

The Japanese are a deeply traditional culture,  big emphasis is on customs and conformity.  More than Chinese.  Although once they immigrate and adopt western mindset they open up.

There was a large immigrant settlement of Japanese in my city after WW2.  In my high school I knew many 1/2 Japanese/white kids. 

Offline Jerash

« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2018, 04:56:16 PM »

Dude man, his step son is getting married to a "Japanese lass".  Didn't you know his other step son is getting married to a Taiwanese, his step daughter to a Malaysian, his estranged daughter to a Singaporean, his other estranged daughter to an Uzbek, his third cousin to a North Korean, his second Cousin to a Tajdzik....  Didn't you know that Moby has you covered on every base?????  This guy is a god man, he knows everything and already has every experience.

Offline Jerash

« Reply #217 on: June 28, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »

Sure Moby it got to be like white noise.  Tell me, which princling are you meeting tomorrow?  And which King next week?

By the way, normal people with great lives don't constantly talk about them, especially on forums.  You are clearly compensating for a lot and psychology says that most of what you say is a big fat lie.  Actually, just to look at all your claims suggests massive lies.  Certainly no one got so far by just regurgitating what the Guardian and BBC told them every day.  You are unbelievable.

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2018, 07:34:06 PM »
Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees, look at these!  :laugh:

The Vapors - ‘Turning Japanese’

"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online Guile

« Reply #219 on: June 28, 2018, 07:55:51 PM »
Well due to imperialist Japan and their attacks/colonization on China, Taiwan Korea, there is deep hatred between Japanese and Chinese/Korean. 

So make sure you don't lump them into one group. 

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2018, 09:45:01 PM »
 Japs see themselves as the superior Asian. All others are well beneath them in all aspects of life. They still can't owe up to their atrocities of the 20th century. Who wants that mindset with a spouse?

Offline Scampo

« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2018, 10:50:56 PM »

Not the case at all.  A good buddy of my works in Shanghai, he's a white guy.  Been there 10 years now.  Lots of foreigners coming, trying to set up shop to tap into the Chinese market.  People are coming around to capitalism now.

And especially in HK where they were under British rule for over 100 years.  there was a huge group of UK expats in the 80's 90's before the handover. 

Howard Schultz of Starbucks did an interview in China recently. BIG business there:   

HK's not the same as PRC and is still very friendly to westerners.  In fact, a Mandarin speaking mainlander is likely to get a much cooler reception than a Brit, in business.  Hong Kongers are furious with the mainlander politics and attitudes.

You just gotta take it from me that mainland China is comparatively hostile to foreigners these days.  I'm here, and I see.  MNCs are wising up to the fact that they need to hire locals as opposed to importing expats.

Online Guile

« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2018, 11:22:02 PM »

HK's not the same as PRC and is still very friendly to westerners.  In fact, a Mandarin speaking mainlander is likely to get a much cooler reception than a Brit, in business.  Hong Kongers are furious with the mainlander politics and attitudes.

You just gotta take it from me that mainland China is comparatively hostile to foreigners these days.  I'm here, and I see.  MNCs are wising up to the fact that they need to hire locals as opposed to importing expats.

Yes I know about HK, my family is from there.  They have a huge anti-China bias as they see Beijing trying to control them. They feel Mandarin is being imposed on them and so they don't like it, hence all the protests in recent years.

What city are you in now? 

Many overseas Chinese born abroad are returning to China for work.  They have the advantage of having native English and also fluent Chinese.  With a western education and knowledge of the culture...

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2018, 11:53:17 PM »
Just thought of another one...

David Bowie - ‘China Girl’

"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online Guile

« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2018, 04:16:23 AM »
Dude man, his step son is getting married to a "Japanese lass".  Didn't you know his other step son is getting married to a Taiwanese, his step daughter to a Malay...  Didn't you know that Moby has you covered on every base?????  This guy is a god man, he knows everything and already has every experience.

if moby's dog was a German shepherd he would claim he speaks German to him!!

I called him out on his "my Cantonese Chinese is better" and as usual he couldn't even utter 2 words.  He couldn't tell the difference between Cantonese and Mandarin.

he spends half a year in Russia recently and can't even speak a proper sentence in Russian.

dude calls me a "fibber" and is caught red handed about his supposed language abilities.

moby who are your so called Chinese "connections" in high places?  You speak no Mandarin and offer no tangible benefit to them, another stretching of the truth...