The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Chinese Women: The New Ukraine?  (Read 15707 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Chinese Women: The New Ukraine?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 06:25:50 PM »
Its a huge market. As Russia once was. Men have been going there for years and quietly importing wives but it has never hit the mainstream media much for some reason. Anyone who has been to Scandinavia knows those guys fondness for those type of women. You cant miss them.

Donho, I never liked the idea of Oriental women that much (from what we generally see here), but look at some of Psy's music videos (OK, he is from Korea but similar genetic), some of the women in those are smokin with very western features.

A pal of mine goes to China very often on business. Japan too. It seems many of those women like us. Disapproving locals call them "bananas" - yellow on the outside, white on the inside.

Its probably the new MOB market as the doors of the FSU close.

Well, I knew it wouldn't be long before this came up again, and I think we are pretty much there. So I woke the topic up.

Here are some thoughts:

• Guys - except the most determined, affluent and well-read - haven't been going to Russia itself for about five years now. Everything in this industry has focused on Ukraine.
  • The reason for that is women in Russia are spread out across the largest country in the world (Meaning no multiple women visits). A visa is needed, and men like easy, and many have less money now. So they go to Ukraine instead. Smaller country, lots of people, cheaper to stay there, no visas, full "industry" set up to scam them help them to meet women.
  • Some thinking guys (the only recent marriages we saw) broke the mould and went to the Stans and Belarus. Probably better places for the FSU woman thing now in honesty, but the logistics put many men off (the ones who thought getting a $150 Russian visa was a hardship). Less easy to get to, hostility to Americans in some places, visas again, so just a general PIA.
  • Ukraine is now politically unstable. It is looking likely that Crimea will revert to Russian territory, and the rest will go through a period of unrest before joining the EU. I think EU membership will be accelerated by America outside forces; and the moment that happens Ukraine will be a closed shop for women. And I mean overnight. I saw it happen in the Baltics with my own eyes - and it was fast. Foreign looking women will get on a bus and go to London, Paris, Amsterdam, Milan or wherever they like and meet guys naturally. No need for overweight, two decade older guys from Wisconsin any more. Similar aged guys in Dresden or Brussels are very happy to meet them.  :nod:
  • So where does that leave the so-called "Mail Order Bride" industry? 90% of it is internet fantasy, so college girls in Ukraine and elsewhere will keep writing to middle aged guys with no passports on fantasy pay-per-letter sites and make bolshoye djenghi doing so. Nothing new there.
  • But what for the small percentage of guys who will actually get on a plane and plan to make it happen? The door is slammed shut in the Baltics, Bulgaria, Romania and Poland. Russia, Belarus and the Stans are not "easy" for anything but the very serious guy who can afford to visit one woman at a time. The rest need someplace else.
  • Now for reasons we need not argue here, that place needs to be quite poor, not black and not Muslim. It needs lots of women, and they need to be slim to cater for most guys tastes. Again we find ourselves at the door of China.   
  • The MOB industry knows what we want before we do - it is their job to know that. Many are now starting to face China. Aweb are running ads for Chinese girls, as are A Foreign Affair (Shenzhen and Chongqing tours already happening) as are Blossoms. The industry is changing focus. The industry has mostly left Russia, it is still active in Ukraine, but for how long? The business brains are thinking ahead, and they are all thinking the same way: China.
  • Anyone who travels in Europe frequently cannot have failed to notice the explosion of guys with Oriental looking wives. Some will probably be Thai, but many are Chinese. Guys from Scandinavia, Germany and Holland are increasingly marrying oriental ladies. While some guys in the UK and America do marry these ladies already, the "industry" and information resources as we know it with the Russian speaking market is not really as slick yet with the Chinese (or Thai) market. There are no major forums devoted to the subject for example.

I think the doors to the FSU are closing unless the guy has a passport (which many Americans don't), and he has a decent disposable income and the time and inclination to travel multiple times to places that need a visa and visit one woman at a time. For those that can do that, the FSU is still a goldmine.

For those that are not inclined to do that, or cannot afford to do so, and for those that want an easy-peasy only-one-visit-and-import-a-wife (which is many) scenario, China seems a likely option.

That said, I am planning to start to do some some business in China this year and will likely be visiting there in October. I have been reading tons of books already on the culture, the language, and from what I have read already, I think getting in tune with that culture will be hard for many westerners.

So although the MOB industry is shifting from Russian speaking countries to China (and to a lesser extent Thailand, South Korea, Japan and Hong Kong) I think guys have a bigger learning curve to "get" that culture. And how can you marry a woman whose culture you don't get? I don't think you can successfully. As with Russian speaking countries, I think you need to take an interest in, and learn, her culture, some basic language and certainly the alphabet. As you expect her to do with yours.

Chinese girls are the new Russian girls. You read it here first.
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:25 PM »
Yeah well only one problem with all of that. Chinese women don't do a thing for me, but FSUW totally do so it looks like I'm "stuck".

Oh well. I'll just have to do what I'll have to do to be successful.

Online NS1

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 07:17:51 PM »
That was good read, some true, some funny.
So when you changing the name?
Let see how.
Asian Adventures,

How about South America?
“You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”
Malcom X

Offline bigdaddy71978

• Spouses Country: Unknown yet
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 09:42:07 PM »
I'm agreeing with Guppy. I'm not into Chinese/Asian ladies at all. If you want something bad enough there will be a way to get it.

Online NS1

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 04:31:51 AM »
I'm agreeing with Guppy. I'm not into Chinese/Asian ladies at all. If you want something bad enough there will be a way to get it.
As has been said many times before, if you can date women of the level you search in your own country, then it is possible. Many women will follow you
for love. If all above happens as stated, it changes the game.
But there will still be beautiful slavic women. Not all are on Mob sites.

Also online dating is growing at a very fast pace all over the world.
All is possible, if realistic in abilities and goals.
“You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”
Malcom X

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 05:16:19 AM »
As others have already noted, women from Russia, etc are 'popular' because they 'look like us'. I reckon the Thai bride thing was largely a hangover from the Vietnam war and a generation of middle aged Americans who remembered with affection the women they paid for company in their younger years and who wanted to get themselves a LOFM with a good attitude.

There is already a shortage of Chinese women and Chinese guys head to Vietnam and Cambodia for women who look like they do.

I think the diversification that you are seeing is simply the reuse of existing assets within the business of the large MOB businesses - it is not any kind of new frontier. Just adding in new markets to pick up the numbers.

When you get to China you are going to see that there are not very many women that you'd see as attractive. If you think there is a culture gap between women from Europe/Eurasia and the US then you've seen nothing until you come across Chinese people. These are not the same folks who serve your Chinese takeaway (who probably come from Vietnam anyway. :) )

The real next move is where Aweb/Adate are going, what they call 'international dating' which is largely destination agnostic. Fantasy fulfillment without regard to the location of the parties with the service provider managing the database and communications.
"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline kievstar

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 10:52:24 AM »
You can add Africa and Asia for Aweb.  They have been heavily involved with these regions for 3 plus years now.  Plus South America.

One thing for certain being an American it will be tougher to meet RW in East and South Ukraine.  West Ukraine the wife hunter never pulled a lot of women out of there.  Mainly because they grew up learning Ukrainian and English and easily got jobs in the EU.  South and East women grew up learning Russian and Ukrainian and not English.  So if they want to go West they needed a husband.

Offline AJ

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 12:52:08 PM »
West Ukraine the wife hunter never pulled a lot of women out of there.  Mainly because they grew up learning Ukrainian and English and easily got jobs in the EU.  South and East women grew up learning Russian and Ukrainian and not English.  So if they want to go West they needed a husband.

So a significantly greater number of western Ukrainians speak English versus , southern , central, and eastern Ukraine?
 :D

That just seems a bit far fetched as the main reason...
for the lack of MOB in western ukraine.
 :popcorn:

she had a hip with bad habits , and a shake that was a bit obscene

Online NS1

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 12:53:50 PM »
West Ukraine the wife hunter never pulled a lot of women out of there.  Mainly because they grew up learning Ukrainian and English and easily got jobs in the EU.  South and East women grew up learning Russian and Ukrainian and not English.  So if they want to go West they needed a husband.

So a significantly greater number of western Ukrainians speak English versus , southern , central, and eastern Ukraine?

When I was in western Ukraine, I found much less English, than in central and southern Ukraine
Malcom X

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 03:27:12 PM »

That was NOT what kievstar was saying.
What he was telling us was that because the women in the west were more likely than their eastern sisters to learn English they were more likely to be able to move westward under their own steam. Women whose education tended to orient them eastward were more likely to need to move westward through marriage because for them it was the easier way to proceed.

Without reference to Ukraine specifically, going back many years, that was pretty much my observation too but applied to the FSU as a whole. Having English as a strong language is a great enabler of movement, for example, for younger people it opens the doors to university study in Europe that would not be possible if one's languages did not include English. A person with Russian skills will tend to be forced to study (and work) in Russian speaking areas - or get out by means of marriage.
"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 04:17:28 PM »
You can add Africa and Asia for Aweb.  They have been heavily involved with these regions for 3 plus years now.  Plus South America.

I know about South America, but few Europeans venture there for wives. That is mostly an American market. Where are Aweb operating in Africa? I agree its an open market if guys like black girls. 
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 12:48:20 AM »
One thing for certain being an American it will be tougher to meet RW in East and South Ukraine.  West Ukraine the wife hunter never pulled a lot of women out of there.  Mainly because they grew up learning Ukrainian and English and easily got jobs in the EU.  South and East women grew up learning Russian and Ukrainian and not English.  So if they want to go West they needed a husband.

I have met a few women in Ukraine as well as from Russia.

My only observation regarding women from Ukraine is comparing the Eastern and Southern variations of women as opposed to those from the West of Ukraine the latter were/are more European in outlook. But there does not seem to be any one region that has a better command of the English language, I would guess it will be Kiev and close by.

If the person is half intelligent has a semi job there seems via the Polish consulate little difficulty in obtaining a visa to Europe. Most of the Polish consulates as well as German & Austrian consulates are in the North West of Ukraine.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 12:55:54 AM »
For the MOB business, you may have that backwards.

Chinese men will definitely be looking for more brides than Chinese women are looking for grooms, real soon.

With a shortage of over 40 million women in the Chinese dating/marriage community, there will be a lot of desperate men, and not so many desperate women.

IMHO and of course, YMMV.

Wayne

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 01:44:46 AM »
    • Ukraine is now politically unstable. It is looking likely that Crimea will revert to Russian territory, and the rest will go through a period of unrest before joining the EU. I think EU membership will be accelerated by America outside forces; and the moment that happens Ukraine will be a closed shop for women. And I mean overnight. I saw it happen in the Baltics with my own eyes - and it was fast.
    Because some are challenged when Manny says "overnight" he means the dynamics will change the  rules of the "playing" field and in a very short time period.

• Now for reasons we need not argue here, that place needs to be quite poor, not black and not Muslim. It needs lots of women, and they need to be slim to cater for most guys tastes. Again we find ourselves at the door of China.   
    • The MOB industry knows what we want before we do
    I always have wanted a red head . . .

• Anyone who travels in Europe frequently cannot have failed to notice the explosion of guys with Oriental looking wives. Some will probably be Thai, but many are Chinese. Guys from Scandinavia, Germany and Holland are increasingly marrying oriental ladies. While some guys in the UK and America do marry these ladies already, the "industry" and information resources as we know it with the Russian speaking market is not really as slick yet with the Chinese (or Thai) market. . . 

Indonesia was a Dutch colony for over a century, allot of the Oriental look in Holland (and in particular The Hague) is a home grown "product"

For those that are not inclined to do that, or cannot afford to do so, and for those that want an easy-peasy only-one-visit-and-import-a-wife (which is many) scenario, China seems a likely option.

That said, I am planning to start to do some some business in China this year and will likely be visiting there in October. I have been reading tons of books already on the culture, the language, and from what I have read already, I think getting in tune with that culture will be hard for many westerners.

So although the MOB industry is shifting from Russian speaking countries to China (and to a lesser extent Thailand, South Korea, Japan and Hong Kong) I think guys have a bigger learning curve to "get" that culture. And how can you marry a woman whose culture you don't get? I don't think you can successfully. As with Russian speaking countries, I think you need to take an interest in, and learn, her culture, some basic language and certainly the alphabet. As you expect her to do with yours.

Chinese girls are the new Russian girls. You read it here first.

As noted elsewhere women in China can be far more selective towards a prospective local partner today.

On the other side with a bit of knowledge of the Chinese culture I can say I do not warm up or even respect it. Here in my opinion is the weakest link for some one seeking a relationship with a Chinese woman.

But will American's figure this out?

[/list][/list][/list]
    “If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline bejarano

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 11:02:49 AM »
    I lived in China for two years and will be going back in August.

There are no shortage of Chinese women for western men but there a shortage for the millions of peasant migrant workers and farmers who need a wife but cannot find one as young women these days do not want a life of back breaking servitude.

If a westerner went to China to find a bride, they would find one pretty easily. A nice girl with a good education, a lady, young beautiful.

Tall, slim, big boobs, nice arse, curvy, stick thin? They are all available over there, a great place to find a wife. And I didn't like that look of woman until I went to live there.