The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My exwife in Sumy Ukraine  (Read 4078 times)

Offline BubbaGump

• Commercial Member
Re: My exwife in Sumy Ukraine
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 08:48:05 AM »
...Think of this: in her world a man of 65 years of age is usually dead.

There's almost no chance that if you were living with her in Ukraine that she saw the 'relationship' as real because in her world you were about ready to check out of this life....

This is exactly why older blokes thinking of settling over here with a younger woman need to examine very carefully their own motivation and even more that of the women....

Agreed.  More importantly, most of the twenty-something female students I teach agree with your analysis.  How many times I have seen the foreign-born geezers (I say this somewhat trepeditiously because I am now 62!) on Sovietskaya Street who are so busy ogling the chippies that they fail to notice the snide looks accompanying the giggling from the long-legged beauties as they saunter along.  :nod:

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 10:14:55 AM »
A hot summer day, a beer, a table at an outdoor cafe.

To never have ogled the chippies is to never have lived life to its fullest.

And they do not wear those tiny skirts just because of the weather.
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 10:17:37 AM »
Yeah but they ain't gonna give you a second look, except of derision or haughty dismay, and you are still a stary kozel.
"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline BubbaGump

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »
Yeah but they ain't gonna give you a second look, except of derision or haughty dismay, and you are still a stary kozel.

You are correct, sir! :D

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »
Ogling is about ogling. To ogle is an international pastime. Don't need replies or second or even first looks. If you want a date then go talk and don't ogle.

Stary K.
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline BubbaGump

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 06:39:00 AM »
Ogling is about ogling. To ogle is an international pastime. Don't need replies or second or even first looks. If you want a date then go talk and don't ogle.

Stary K.

...agreed... :P

Offline BubbaGump

• Commercial Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 06:49:22 AM »
***ADMITTEDLY SLIGHTLY OFF-TOPIC*** (perhaps!)

Andrew,

...suddenly remembered something while showering (don't ask...don't go there!)...

"Kozel" (темный) is one of my (and Lilia's) two favorite choices here for пиво!!!  :BEER:

The bottle's logo has a delightful design of an old goat; guess that says it all!  :poland:

...we apologize for the interruption and now return you to our regularly scheduled program...  :innocent: