The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My exwife in Sumy Ukraine  (Read 8179 times)

Offline avaition1

• Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: 5-10
My exwife in Sumy Ukraine
« on: March 14, 2013, 01:53:29 PM »
I though I would share my experience in marriage to Yanina in Sumy Ukraine.  I met her on Dream Marriage.  She is now on Anastasia and Nataly Marriage agency Sumy.  My fault in this was I was to old for her.  I though because she had a kid and she said she loved me it might work.  Also I am retired from the military and in good shape. I was lucky to have friends in Sumy who helped me get divorced.  Yanina was a lady of many faces.  When I got there she went to work everyday and later I found out she had no job.  She had friends helping her and a boyfriend.  She had use my money to go on vacations with this man.  I learned the hard way. You do not have too.  I turned her into the US Embassy Kiev and put her on black list for no visa.  She told-ed me she wanted to live in the Ukraine and I was more then happy to retire there.  I spent two months  in Sumy last year. First thing she whated was a US visa.  Nataly is on Jims scam list and I think Anastasia should be too. I informed Anastasia and they said she was a confirmed profile and only on there site which is a lie, She is on Natally too.  The good think that happen out of this is that I met a woman that is older and seems to have a heart of gold.  She knows all about Yanina.   I learned a lot of things on how these scams can happen. I would recommend you stay away from Yanina on Nataly and Anastasia.  I have met a woman in my age group and will proceed with caution.
Hi my Gary and I married a girl from Sumy. My mistake was I let myself get scamed. Her name Yanina and she was 29 years younger then me.

Offline Larry

Re: My exwife in Sumy Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 02:20:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Sorry you had a horrible experience in Sumy.

Can you elaborate a bit on the blacklist with the US embassy/consulate?  How does that work?

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 02:21:44 PM »
Gary, welcome!

I feel for you, but did you not see the red flags prior to asking her to marry you, or was you totally blinded by a pretty face and the fact she had a child gave you a false sense of security?

A 29 year age gap for starters, kid or no kid a gap of that size is rarely successful, it amazes me that guys still think they can pull that one off. If the profile you fell in love with was anything like her new one, then there are more red flags that should have jumped out at you. Lets just look at a few of them:-

Seeking age    30 - 80

Seeking height    4'2' (127cm) - 7'0' (213cm)

Seeking weight    80 lbs (36kg) - 300 lbs (136kg)

Now I know some ladies do not fill their whole profiles in, but surely even the basic stuff above is telling.

Well it looks like you have found your next mate, I hope you have gone into this next relationship with your eyes wide open.
Слава Україні

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 02:28:17 PM »
A link to Yarina's page on Jim's List would be helpful.

When you posted that your new lady knows all about her, do you mean that you told her the story or that she knows Yarina personally?

Offline CC3

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 05:12:43 PM »
Welcome, Gary. I also am ex-military, retired airline planning on living in Ukraine with a younger wife. However, we have been together for a long enough time for each of us to have taken the measure of the other and to have determined that we are extremely compatible and very much looking forward to our marriage in two months.

There are definitely decent and sincere women in UA. Best of luck with your present direction in life.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other *snip* die for his.
George S. Patton

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 05:36:56 PM »
I am sad for you but there never was a relationship. Think of this: in her world a man of 65 years of age is usually dead.

There's almost no chance that if you were living with her in Ukraine that she saw the 'relationship' as real because in her world you were about ready to check out of this life.

Perhaps if she had seen your country and understood that men there often survive into their 80's she'd have been different. Her purpose was to get a visa and benefit from your will. I don't know for sure because I did not research it but I bet that like other countries in the region that if you pegged out on schedule that she'd get half your estate no matter what your will said.

This is exactly why older blokes thinking of settling over here with a younger woman need to examine very carefully their own motivation and even more that of the women and their families whom they will be supporting.

Any stary kozel who settles over here might want to ensure that they rent rather than buy real estate and see how that flies with their new 'darling'.

You were lucky probably more healthy than her patience could handle.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline JayH

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:08:23 PM »
Av1-- welcome and great to see you signed up and posting.
Your story and details will be of great interest to many here as it embodies so many of the cautionary issues constantly raised on the forums. Guys simply do not believe how cunning,conniving and devious some of these woman can be.
Your lady is a good looking,very pleasant looking woman. As you are now aware others on the forum have met her and verified how hard it must have been to see ulterior motives.
There is a constant stream of newcomers( to search and forums) that are certain their find is the one honest woman in the FSU-- your story contains so many of the elements of all the warnings.

Please do not be deterred with the negative know it alls on forums--keep posting and tell your story.

Offline Mila

• Commercial Member
  • Meмber
    • Mila-Interpreter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 02:53:03 AM »
Hi avaition1,
I am very sorry to hear that. Even looking at her profile, one can see that she is a pro-dater, as she doesn't care about the age difference, weight and some other descriptions. Trust me, for our ladies it is important. Never believe when the ladies say they don't care about the age difference or it doesn't matter as they like men more experienced, it is not true!!!
The way she acted shows that she did it many times with other men. She was so professional, that you couldn't notice many things. Even her name, we don't have name Yanina, we have Yana or Nina, so it looks like it may be even a fake name.
I hope now you are more experienced and will be careful and smart. Good luck!

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 08:42:12 AM »
Please do not be deterred with the negative know it alls on forums--keep posting and tell your story.

Please don't be deterred by the know-nothing watched members, either; they are being watched for good cause.

Online mhr7

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 11:03:28 PM »
Hi avaition1,
I am very sorry to hear that. Even looking at her profile, one can see that she is a pro-dater, as she doesn't care about the age difference, weight and some other descriptions. Trust me, for our ladies it is important. Never believe when the ladies say they don't care about the age difference or it doesn't matter as they like men more experienced, it is not true!!!
The way she acted shows that she did it many times with other men. She was so professional, that you couldn't notice many things. Even her name, we don't have name Yanina, we have Yana or Nina, so it looks like it may be even a fake name.
I hope now you are more experienced and will be careful and smart. Good luck!
I don't think Yanina is a fake name. I have seen it several times on various Russian dating sites.

Offline jamaica_live

• причиняю добро и наношу пользу
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 03:29:22 AM »
Even her name, we don't have name Yanina, we have Yana or Nina, so it looks like it may be even a fake name.
I don't think Yanina is a fake name.
Yanina (Янина) is not a fake name. This name do really exist.
People who do not listen to the advice, you can not help.

"В некоторых людях живет Бог, в некоторых - дьявол, а в некоторых только глисты." (God lives in some people, the devil - in others... and in certain people live only worms.)

Offline Ade

• Spouses Country: Russia/UK-Norway
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 04:27:15 AM »
Even her name, we don't have name Yanina, we have Yana or Nina, so it looks like it may be even a fake name.
I don't think Yanina is a fake name.
Yanina (Янина) is not a fake name. This name do really exist.

Have we new found the first and only real difference between Ukrainian and Russia women?  :chuckle:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
Common? names in Russia and Ukraine
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 08:23:39 AM »
Anyone ever date an Evdokiya or Dunya?

I believe in Cyrillic Евдокия or Дуня.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 11:35:42 AM »

I don't think Yanina is a fake name. I have seen it several times on various Russian dating sites.

Hey, I dated a hot Yanina in PR.  :smokin:

As real as she can be.  :evilgrin0002:

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: Common? names in Russia and Ukraine
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 05:25:24 PM »
Anyone ever date an Evdokiya or Dunya?

I believe in Cyrillic Евдокия or Дуня.

Wait. That name became popular again just recently... probably in 20 years u can date Dunyas  :biggrin:

Yanina (Янина, Иоанна) sounds as Polish name or something like that for me.
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Offline BubbaGump

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 08:48:05 AM »
...Think of this: in her world a man of 65 years of age is usually dead.

There's almost no chance that if you were living with her in Ukraine that she saw the 'relationship' as real because in her world you were about ready to check out of this life....

This is exactly why older blokes thinking of settling over here with a younger woman need to examine very carefully their own motivation and even more that of the women....

Agreed.  More importantly, most of the twenty-something female students I teach agree with your analysis.  How many times I have seen the foreign-born geezers (I say this somewhat trepeditiously because I am now 62!) on Sovietskaya Street who are so busy ogling the chippies that they fail to notice the snide looks accompanying the giggling from the long-legged beauties as they saunter along.  :nod:

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 10:14:55 AM »
A hot summer day, a beer, a table at an outdoor cafe.

To never have ogled the chippies is to never have lived life to its fullest.

And they do not wear those tiny skirts just because of the weather.
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 10:17:37 AM »
Yeah but they ain't gonna give you a second look, except of derision or haughty dismay, and you are still a stary kozel.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline BubbaGump

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »
Yeah but they ain't gonna give you a second look, except of derision or haughty dismay, and you are still a stary kozel.

You are correct, sir! :D

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »
Ogling is about ogling. To ogle is an international pastime. Don't need replies or second or even first looks. If you want a date then go talk and don't ogle.

Stary K.
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline BubbaGump

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 06:39:00 AM »
Ogling is about ogling. To ogle is an international pastime. Don't need replies or second or even first looks. If you want a date then go talk and don't ogle.

Stary K.

...agreed... :P

Offline BubbaGump

• Commercial Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 06:49:22 AM »
***ADMITTEDLY SLIGHTLY OFF-TOPIC*** (perhaps!)

Andrew,

...suddenly remembered something while showering (don't ask...don't go there!)...

"Kozel" (темный) is one of my (and Lilia's) two favorite choices here for пиво!!!  :BEER:

The bottle's logo has a delightful design of an old goat; guess that says it all!  :poland:

...we apologize for the interruption and now return you to our regularly scheduled program...  :innocent:

Registration