The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Import/export  (Read 3163 times)

Offline ashbyclarke

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Import/export
« on: February 26, 2013, 02:41:43 PM »
If anyone needs help with finance or import to FSU then there's pretty much nothing I don't know, I can help.

Ive read enough, financed enough to know, need help, just ask.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Offline Alt-Str

• Trips: None Yet
Re: Import/export
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:56:32 AM »
How is the Customs Clearance process there ? Is it very straight forward,
or lots of this and that in the last minute, plus lots of uncertainties when
container arrived in the port ?

Offline ashbyclarke

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Import/export
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:08:50 AM »
Looks like my statement was slightly misleading, I know nothing about import to either Russia or Ukraine.

All clients I've ever dealt with do that part, I've either done an FOB to dock wherever or to Berlin.

As far as I understand this is because of import complications, something us foreign firms would struggle to get sorted anytime fast.

What's your intention? I have a few contacts that might help with certain things, but I only supply existing businesses there, I'm not attempting to create any direct retail or trading, I guess that could land you in hot water depending on country.

I really should read what I post (:)
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra