The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Country Girl  (Read 1718 times)

Offline calmissile

• Spouses Country: US
  • Trips: 1-5
Country Girl
« on: August 21, 2011, 01:23:07 PM »
It's 10 days and counting.  I am so anxious to make my next trip.  This time will be for a full month to Ukriane.  For those that read my last TR under Country Girl in the private TR section, I hope to  have a new report and photos at the end of September.  The experience is quite different from most of the posts and TR's because my finance owns a small former collective farm and the culture and daily life is so much different than the city life we read about.

I was very fortunate to have found a friend on this forum that is getting married in Ukraine in the same time period I will be there.  The hospitality of the Ukrainians is fantastic.  My friend and his new wife are planning to come down and visit us in Primorsk and will be staying with us.  Since the house is not large enough to accomodate all of us plus the kids, my fiance has set it up for our friends to overnight at grandmas farm a few blocks away.  The women plan to do a lot of cooking.  Having offered to invite my new friends into the homes instead of having to get a hotel is an example of the wonderful hospitality I see in Ukrainians.

The TR will be posted in the Private Section again so that it won't be Google'd.  We don't mind sharing some personal information for those interested in our daily lives while in country.  See ya later, will be very busy the next 10 days.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Country Girl
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 02:42:11 PM »
Have a great trip Doug, myself and my wife are off to Ukraine also in 2 days, you may have read my reports I did a few years ago on Village Life and the Mountains etc in the Culture section, some farming info also, so if you did something like that based on the Primorsk area and what life is like there it would be of interest to many I'm sure.
Слава Україні

Offline calmissile

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »
Thanks Chris.  I will take a look at it.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:56:04 PM »
calmissle have a great time!  Looking forward to some photo's!  :thumbsup:

Offline calmissile

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »
Thanks Donhollio,
I am not sure about the smokin hot photos.  A little jealousy has crept up in the past few months.  Maybe I can say its for a documentary for the forum :)
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline erudite

• Kharkov is a GREAT CITY!!!!!!
  • Spouses Country: UKRAINE
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 02:08:20 AM »
Have a great trip Doug.  I wish you and your lady the best of times now and in the future. I miss Ukraine most every day I am in the USA.
"It don't matter who's in Austin, Bob Wills is still the King", Waylon Jennings