The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Rushing around in Russia  (Read 100411 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Rushing around in Russia
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:12:31 AM »
This will definitely NOT be a trip report. I will try to post a few photos and some observations.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

Zombieland
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 12:13:52 AM »
Zombieland

I have no idea how many hours I went without sleep. I went to bed at midnight in a
Bismarck hotel. I woke up at 4:00 am to catch a 6:00am flight. I don't sleep on planes
they simply don't make the seats for me.

21 hours later I arrive in Moscow. The girl I am going to meet and I find each other. We
wisk off on the metro, and buy a ticket to leave Moscow 7 hours later (the train ride is
only 11 hours  :sick0012:) then back on the Metro to arrive at Red Square.

I fuel up with a pot a chorniy chai (black tea) and I become a tourist.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline sparky114

• Trips: 20+
Re: Rushing around in Russia
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 12:18:40 AM »
Bill always good to see pictures :)

Joining you in the land of wonder on Friday  ;D
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Bill

• Trips: Semi-Resident
Re: Zombieland
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 12:26:26 AM »
Zombieland

Bill I hate to be negative, but in all the time I spent in Russia I never saw any zombies. Several guys that looked like they escaped from the set of 'Curse of the Mummy, but no zombies. Zombies would have made my time in Moscow so much more exciting.   :laugh:

Edit: Now that's unfair you go and modify your post after I posted my reply.  ;D

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 12:28:04 AM »

NOTE the woman in the photo was an innocent bystander and not part of my Rushing
around Russia. 

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 12:30:49 AM »
Zombieland

Bill I hate to be negative, but in all the time I spent in Russia I never saw any zombies. Several guys that looked like they escaped from the set of 'Curse of the Mummy, but no zombies. Zombies would have made my time in Moscow so much more exciting.   :laugh:

Edit: Now that's unfair you go and modify your post after I posted my reply.  ;D

Sorry about that. It's harder than you might think to use Russian computers. They tend to have everything
in Russian. I post things then clean them up, or decide that I should post something later along with the
best photo to describe it.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 12:33:28 AM »

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 04:42:05 AM »
Zombieland

21 hours later I arrive in Moscow. The girl I am going to meet and I find each other. We
wisk off on the metro, and buy a ticket to leave Moscow 7 hours later (the train ride is
only 11 hours  :sick0012:) then back on the Metro to arrive at Red Square.

Bill,

It'll cost alittle extra but in the future you can save yourself alot of headache and transit time on the train if you come in via DME and connect to the domestic terminals at DME. Polet has regular flights that are about 45 mins-1hr in length. They fly modern Saab Turbo props on a reg schedule. The flights arrive outside of VOR so you'll need to be met or call a cab. I've found it to be a far better solution than the train and transiting SVO-downtown. Especially when your time in country is limited and you want maximize your face time with that someone special. It's best not to lose that extra 24hrs on the train if you don't need to. There is an office in downtown VOR and the address can be had from the site, you can also as I recall buy tickets at a window they have at the train station as well.

http://www.polet.ru/en/passengers or https://booking.polet.ru/en/schedule/

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 05:58:36 AM »

It'll cost alittle extra but in the future you can save yourself alot of headache and transit time on the train if you come in via DME and connect to the domestic terminals at DME. Polet has regular flights that are about 45 mins-1hr in length. They fly modern Saab Turbo props on a reg schedule. The flights arrive outside of VOR so you'll need to be met or call a cab. I've found it to be a far better solution than the train and transiting SVO-downtown. Especially when your time in country is limited and you want maximize your face time with that someone special. It's best not to lose that extra 24hrs on the train if you don't need to. There is an office in downtown VOR and the address can be had from the site, you can also as I recall buy tickets at a window they have at the train station as well.

It's like $600 to $800 more to land in DME.

Offline ECR844

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 06:48:08 AM »

It's like $600 to $800 more to land in DME.

You can connect with them via Munich, or Prague, if you don't like DME... and skip Moscow all together. I was just trying to help you out being I've spent quite a bit of time in the city you're going to and getting back and forth from there.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 06:55:11 AM »

You can connect with them via Munich, or Prague, if you don't like DME... and skip Moscow all together. I was just trying to help you out being I've spent quite a bit of time in the city you're going to and getting back and forth from there.

Eric, I appreciate the advice / help 

I should have talked to you before I bought my tickets.

Offline ECR844

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 07:26:19 AM »
2Tbill,

No worries, I have a TR or 2 here on the forum about there that might help you out. I'm sure some of the small stuff has changed there since I last went, but most of it will be the same. If you want I'm happy to help you out if I can via PM email, publicly, or not at all, your call.

No matter what happens, have a great time and enjoy the city and your trip. We wish you the best!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 04:20:23 PM »
Assume the target city the lady lives in is other than Moscow? 

Online 2tallbill

Rushing around in Russia
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 08:06:13 AM »
Assume the target city the lady lives in is other than Moscow?

Yes, the city is Voronezh.

I forgot the cord to my camera so will load some photos tomorrow.

Spokoynoy nochi!

Online 2tallbill

Tour of my Russian Apartment
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 12:09:47 AM »
Sorry in advance for the poor quality, the cameraman / narrator was a total goofball

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pb01ueNyyCE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Pb01ueNyyCE</a>

$50 per night in Voronezh

Online 2tallbill

lame Youtube video
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 12:43:00 AM »
I was just trying this out

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6RQMLvvRVh8&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6RQMLvvRVh8&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 12:55:29 AM »
WW2 memorial

Online 2tallbill

Rushing around in Russia
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 12:58:22 AM »

Online 2tallbill

girly nudie? or something less auspicious ?
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 01:00:40 AM »
Honestly, I don't know what this is. It could be a girly nudey place or a lingerie shop
or something else. I snapped a photo of it while walking by

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 01:01:40 AM »
Snow covered trees and nice architecture

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 01:02:05 AM »

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 01:03:16 AM »

Offline Ade

• Spouses Country: Russia/UK-Norway
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Tour of my Russian Apartment
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 01:29:41 AM »
Sorry in advance for the poor quality, the cameraman / narrator was a total goofball

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pb01ueNyyCE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Pb01ueNyyCE</a>

$50 per night in Voronezh

I usually avoid trip reports as I find them mind numbingly boring more often than not. The exceptions are those written by people that know how to write well or, sometimes, those written be wack jobs and weirdos.  :chuckle:

If people did more of the video thing, I think I'd spend more time looking. Perhaps less time criticising too.  :biggrin:

I hope it works out for you there.

PS. Your voice is remarkably close to what I expected. Kinda American and tall.  tiphat

Online 2tallbill

Re: Tour of my Russian Apartment
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 01:54:50 AM »

I usually avoid trip reports as I find them mind numbingly boring more often than not. The exceptions are those written by people that know how to write well or, sometimes, those written be wack jobs and weirdos.  :chuckle:

If people did more of the video thing, I think I'd spend more time looking. Perhaps less time criticising too.  :biggrin:

I hope it works out for you there.

PS. Your voice is remarkably close to what I expected. Kinda American and tall.  tiphat

Thank you Ade
I do more videos

Udachi !!

Bill

Offline Bill

• Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 03:22:53 AM »
Great photos and video Bill. Are there any monuments or attractions commemorating  the landing of extraterrestrials in a public park in Voronezh in 1989?  :laugh: The aliens were reportedly 9 feet tall so they should have been easy to spot.

Registration