The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Bruce Lee - Enter the Mother Land  (Read 21590 times)

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Bruce Lee - Enter the Mother Land
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2016, 08:46:32 AM »
Its that time of the year again when its In-laws visit again and the marathon Birmingham to Nikolayevsk-on-Amure trip!!!

We're going for a new route and method of getting there - I'm never getting on the wretched high speed boat again - so we will take the overnight train from Khabarovsk to Komsomolsk (stay there a few days) then overnight mini-bus from Komsomolsk to Nikolayevsk.

We normally stay with the parents for a week and then do reverse order back again taking a short rest on the way back - booked 2 nights in Moscow on return trip for a chill-out!!!

As usual will probably need to book a holiday when we get back to recover from this one :chuckle:
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2016, 08:53:04 AM »
Have fun. At least you will be in the middle of wide open spaces when WWIII kicks off next week.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2016, 09:06:19 AM »
Have fun. At least you will be in the middle of wide open spaces when WWIII kicks off next week.
Very true, we often joke that should you wish to you could easily disappear for ever in these areas - its as far removed from Moscow/St Pete Russia as you can get!!! An outpost in the middle of nowhere for sure!!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2016, 10:41:21 AM »
Very true, we often joke that should you wish to you could easily disappear for ever in these areas - its as far removed from Moscow/St Pete Russia as you can get!!! An outpost in the middle of nowhere for sure!!

There's tribes of folks in Siberia who have done just that. Well, dunno if it is still the case, but it used to be there were wandering hunting groups never seen from one years end to the next. Like a snowy Amazon.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!