The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Married Guys: Tell Us How You Did It?  (Read 4287 times)

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Married Guys: Tell Us How You Did It?
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2018, 09:11:54 AM »
I’m another one who met my now wife in a third party location, for various reasons we met in Istanbul, then approx 6/8 weeks each time after that.

There are those who will always advocate meeting in the lady’s home town, which is fine however we have come across guys here who would have cocked it up wherever they met so it matters not.

Personally, early communication is key and any folks who have the basic one-to-one skills should be able to work out if there is common vibe, yet we’ve had guys visiting on the strength of initial conversation that wouldn’t have had me getting out of bed to walk to the end of the street to meet the women let alone going to the other side of the world.
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!