The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ua dreams  (Read 8935 times)

Offline Welsh1363

• Spouses Country: United Kingdom
  • Trips: 1-5
Ua dreams
« on: September 14, 2012, 03:09:29 PM »
Hello everyone
This is my first post and it's about an old favourite Ua dreams .
I am in the Ukraine writing this, I came here to meet a young lady who I have been talking to at length for the last nine months.

I have in the past had scammers come on to me but this lady, Alena from Poltava seemed very genuine and if she is part of a scam is very good at it, even now I have trouble believing its a scam but I have been left here mostly on my own with little contact with her.
I know she is busy with university and we discussed this before I came here, I knew I was not going to see her during the early part of the day but I expected more from her than I have got so far, tonight she has let me down again, I have her phone number and have had messages from her.
What I don't understand is if this is a scam why is she not continuing with it so she can make more money, I'm sure that makes sense where a scam is involved.
I have been to the agency's office and met with the translators and all is well there I had a good look around and the translator could not do enough for me.
If anyone knows anything about this woman I would like to know.
At the moment I am giving her the benefit of the doubt but I do not see the logic of a scam that will end here, I'm sure if she is working for the agency they would tell her to play along and scam more money from me when I return home.

I hope I'm wrong and all will be well but if I return home unsatisfied I will not have anything to do with the agency or it women again, I must say I have been treated well by the agency and have no problem with the way they have behaved, since I have been here I have paid nothing to the agency so what do they gain from all this except losing a customer.
Any thoughts on this guys and gals
Regards

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Ua dreams
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 03:15:18 PM »
Not sure whether this is a scam or not, there's no where near enough to go on, but I would say the way she is acting, tells me she is just not into you, why, well there could be a thousand reasons. Probably best to speak with the agency and ask them, they may have a better idea, then you can decide what to do next.
Слава Україні

Offline CzechMate

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 03:50:43 PM »
I am confused - have you actually met her in person yet?
When I shoot, I recover the spent casing and reload the brass.

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 03:52:07 PM »
I think Chris is right: it sounds as if she's just not into you.

Don't waste any more time.  Since you're in Ukraine go to that agency, or another agency, and start meeting other girls.  You might also sign up for one of the free FSU dating sites.  You could also try meeting girls in cafes, etc. But don't go back to The Wales without at least trying your best to meet other girls.

And welcome to RUAdventures.  I wish I had come across this forum before my first foray into FSU.  Stick around and do some reading here.  The trip reports are a good place to start.  But don't start reading Donhollio's while you are still in Ukraine.  There's a real risk you will be drawn into it, and you need to spend your time in Ukraine trying to meet girls.

Offline kievstar

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »
Sounds like a young girl who is going to school and interested in dating.  She told you she was busy with school and you came anyways.

Sounds like you had one meeting and it did not work out or she will see you when she is not busy.

When you meet with women under 28 years old most are into dating.  Its up to you to make that great 1st impression in person.  If she can't meet you Friday night drop her.  But find out early on Friday so you can meet another woman in case.  Just realized today is Friday - drop her. 

Ask the agency someone that would be a good match for you.  Also meet someone within 10 years age of you.

Does not look like any scam and not the agency fault if a woman is not into you. 

Offline JayH

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 05:54:20 PM »
Logic says if she wanted to be with you-- she would be. That is the 100% fact you must face quickly-- even if that is wrong you have nothing to gain by dancing to her tune.
It sounds like you are paying interpreter/s from agency--it is dangerous in itself to place too much credibility on them in your circumstance. You do not have to burn your bridges with original girl-- if she wants more--she will contact you-- do nothing,stop contacting her and see what result that has-it will tell you everything.
As others said-- dont waste your time--use any/all methods possible to see if you can create contacts.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 05:26:26 AM »
Welsh Man,

Welcome to RUA - I suspect the advice above is basically on the money. You sound reasonable so I will assume she is maybe 24 years old and perhaps you are 35 to 38 years old. There are many women around the world who would consider a man from Wales. So perhaps time to wash Alena out of your hair and see what other lovelies there are in Ukraine or Russia. Since you can sing time to practice some Tom Jones.

In fact there is another side to the issue a very small percentage of men fly to meet the women they are corresponding with. You flew for perhaps more than three hours and spent at least another three hours getting from Kiev to Poltava. While the local agency is not making money as they have had in the past they are not losing money.

AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline MBS01

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 08:04:49 AM »
Welcome and Time to make a move!
The ball is in your court if this lady is not willing to meet on either Friday night or the weekend move on quickly.  You can certainly search on most sites by country and city.  So do try the Fee Sites such as FreePersonals.ru and search via "Poltava" and see if anyone wants to meet for coffee this weekend, or even try a little farther away as many could take the train and visit on Saturday or Sunday for a day to see you in person.  This is your trip do not waste it on someone who appears to not be into you.

As an alternative do visit the agency and see who else they have that meet your criteria for a potential match and see if those ladies are available to meet up while you are in town.

At least pay and spend time with one of the translators for a tour of the city and enjoy your time in Poltava as you may even get to see some ladies in the streets or cafes that would like to get to know you too.  So good luck and make the most of your trip now that you are in country.

Offline BCKev

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 02:25:07 PM »
Good advice from those above. Take advantage of the fact that you are in Poltava: get out and meet some women and have  good look around.

You haven't given much information about your situation: how long you have been there, what your expectations were, how well you can communicate, etc. I'd have to agree with the others, she isn't into you. Don't let this get you down, there are many fine women in this area, get out and meet them!!

You have lots of options:
- use free sites to make contact and set up a date
- continue with the agency you have been using and have them set up dates for you.
- other local agencies
- if you need some assistance, a couple of recommended interpreters are in the area: Larissa in Dneprodzerzhinsk and Mila in Kharkov.

You've gotten this far, turn your situation around and make a good trip of it.

Offline missAmeno

• Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 04:04:19 AM »
Welcome to RUA, Welsh1363  ;D

Once you back home go trough this forum, read as much as you can specially Trip Reports and when you ready to listen my nagging call
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 05:00:42 AM »
Hello everyone
This is my first post and it's about an old favourite Ua dreams .
I am in the Ukraine writing this, I came here to meet a young lady who I have been talking to at length for the last nine months.

How did you communicate with her, by sending letters through the agency, which you had to pay for each?

I have in the past had scammers come on to me but this lady, Alena from Poltava seemed very genuine and if she is part of a scam is very good at it, even now I have trouble believing its a scam but I have been left here mostly on my own with little contact with her.
I know she is busy with university and we discussed this before I came here, I knew I was not going to see her during the early part of the day but I expected more from her than I have got so far, tonight she has let me down again, I have her phone number and have had messages from her.
What I don't understand is if this is a scam why is she not continuing with it so she can make more money, I'm sure that makes sense where a scam is involved.

She is not a scammer, nor an agency employee. Otherwise she would take you shopping :money: 

I have been to the agency's office and met with the translators and all is well there I had a good look around and the translator could not do enough for me.
If anyone knows anything about this woman I would like to know.
At the moment I am giving her the benefit of the doubt but I do not see the logic of a scam that will end here, I'm sure if she is working for the agency they would tell her to play along and scam more money from me when I return home.

In this case she will continue to write you letters through the agency (or at least the agency will write you in her befalf :money:) but if you have her personal contact info - the agency is out of the picture. In this case she is just not interested.

I hope I'm wrong and all will be well but if I return home unsatisfied I will not have anything to do with the agency or it women again, I must say I have been treated well by the agency and have no problem with the way they have behaved, since I have been here I have paid nothing to the agency so what do they gain from all this except losing a customer.
Any thoughts on this guys and gals
Regards

What did you pay to the agency before you arrived? What kind of trip package have you purchased? Did they offer you to meet with other women?

Any additional information you give can shade light on the picture.
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 10:47:34 AM »
Hi Welsh and welcome.

I get the impression the young lady may be too young for you, therefore her behavior. It would not be the first time this happens.

Good luck

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 05:14:04 PM »
Sounds to me like the agency could have been involved in the apartment rental and letters/translations. Were that to be the case, then the girl has done her job by getting him to Ukraine and somebody somewhere made some money. If so, is on his own now, perhaps even about to be asked to pay even more for the opportunity to meet other girls. This would be a good time to review emails with her next time you meet. You need to know if she was aware of the letters sent in her name.

If all up on the up and up, then she just isn't interested.

Btw, there is no "the" in the name of the country simply known as "Ukraine."   :)

Online AvHdB

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 06:08:12 PM »
Since Mister Welsh has not returned we only have Miss Welsh to warble on the early hours in chat.

A pity, but such is the nature of this endeavor.

Offline AJ

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 05:49:39 PM »
She is not a scammer, nor an agency employee. Otherwise she would take you shopping

There are so many possibilities in the matrix of MOB in Ukraine.

1. she could simply be not interested in him,

2, she is indeed an employee (most likely) and the agencies arn't really nearly as set up for introductions as most folks would like to believe, they are set up to make money per letter or chat.
The girls are required to meet the guy if they cant shake him from actually traveling there with:
 *i'll be very busy a that time,and cant really see you much*

It doesn't mean they will take further advantage by feigning interest ,shopping trips , and expensive restaurants.
While that it is a well known possibility, it's much  more likely its a woman  who has a local boyfriend and does not want to be out and about town with some foreign man  who traveled to see her,
after her dodges at meeting him (of course small dodges as she doesn't want to lose him as a chat or letter buddy)

It's often their job, and they don't want to meet any guy, and very likely have a local boyfriend(s).
Most ,unless full pro dater , do not want to take him shopping or go anywhere with him, just want to use simple  avoidance , or  *we din't hit it off*line,  and hope he leaves quickly as they can return then to  their own social life ,and good part time job!!
 They make plenty at the game,to  not need his shopping gifts,  or the hassle and attachment  that might go with it.

There are many other possibilities ,few of them good.

Offline Michelle

• Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 07:21:47 AM »
She was an employee of the agency. And not single.

Offline Larry

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 08:39:04 AM »

I see it's your first post.  Welcome to RUAdventures.  And thanks for passing along that information.

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 08:40:09 AM »

Agree and welcome to the Forum Michelle.
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 09:08:55 AM »
Welcome Michele. What brings you to these parts then?

Offline TomT

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »

To connect the dots, I would guess.

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 03:08:11 PM »

To connect the dots, I would guess.

I hope her pencil has a good eraser...
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Online AvHdB

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 03:44:19 PM »
Michelle, Welcome to RUA - would you care to elaborate a bit more - or for those with imagination should we use this faculty?

Offline Welsh1363

• Spouses Country: United Kingdom
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 12:31:16 PM »
Sadly Michelle you are correct.
Alena was working for UADreams.
She had a long term boyfriend who she met on the site, he met up with her before during and after my trip to Poltava.
She is now engaged to him, I have spoken to her after receiving information about her and her boyfriend, I have also spoken to him, he was eager to know if I had slept with her.
She is fluent in English and in lying!!!!!
She is what is known as a honey trap.

To anyone thinking of using UADreams DON'T.
They put all the blame on Alena and said if she had scammed me they had no knowledge, this is total bull s__t.
They tried to fob me off by giving me $500 worth of credits, when I asked for the return of money I had paid to communicate with Alena they took a step backwards and denied any orders to scam men and Alena had worked alone.
This was a lie.
I will never have anything to do with UADreams and would discourage anyone else from going to the site.
Lots of agencies use local contacts for the girls, UADreams only use girls who work for them, they are the one's who make the rules and then blame the girls.
I had evidence Alena was working for them and she had a boyfriend at the time, UADreams just swept that aside and ignored it.
Finally if you know someone who is on that site tell them to send me their money and I will write to them as you will get the same from me as you would from them.

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2013, 10:12:10 AM »
I used Uadreams. Or shall I say - been used. I would say: don't use any agency to communicate with girls. Use only sites who provide contact details right away.   
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline northkape

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 09:33:07 AM »
When starting my search almost a year ago, I signed up with almost all possible agencies I could find.

Among them was also UA dreams,,,
took me $5 credit, and two mails to write them off as in my opinion: a pure scamming operation.
Hell, I understood it even before wasting that five dollar note, but just wanted to confirm it.