The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: FSU Wines and Spirits  (Read 15884 times)

Offline Chris

• CAD Drawing and Surveying for Office and on Site - Point - Shoot - Drawn - Instant Floor Plans
  • Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: FSU Wines and Spirits
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 12:53:04 AM »
If you have any nice dry Sauvignon Blanc/Pino Grigio type whites, and maybe a nice red in your stock, bung three or four in your car when you head to London. I'll pay you for them of course. I fancy trying some of this stuff, and you seem to know your eggs.

I would do, but we are coming by train, and running out of the Georgian wines, only have 2 or 3 bottles left now, will have to place another order soon I think. We could split a case if you want?

The one above we had last night is a really nice dry, I'm sure you would like it, but we got that from Ukraine, not sure if you can get it here or not, will have to enquire next time.

Offline Isthmus

• Spouses Country: Kazakhstan
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 06:44:38 AM »
When in Ukraine in August I tried some Georgian reds for the first time and quite liked them. Kindzmarauli was very good in particular and I brought a bottle back with me to Australia, just need a special occasion to crack it open soon.

Liked the Inkerman (Ukrainian, Crimean) reds as well.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 12:31:14 PM »
Bumping a thread from couple of years ago - great info on amazing Georgian wines! Thank you for putting it all together, Chris, i enjoyed reading it... Almost as much as i enjoy sipping on Georgian red, when i get the opportunity to do so ;)
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »
Georgian, Moldovan, and Romanian reds  :thumbsup:

Fantastic bang for the buck. I almost exclusively buy Romanian reds and in fact am running into NYC with my Russian friend on the 21st of March to restock followed by our favorite Greek restaurant in Astoria.

It's going to be a very "international" day  :)

Offline Chris

• CAD Drawing and Surveying for Office and on Site - Point - Shoot - Drawn - Instant Floor Plans
  • Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2015, 12:56:49 PM »
Bumping a thread from couple of years ago - great info on amazing Georgian wines! Thank you for putting it all together, Chris, i enjoyed reading it... Almost as much as i enjoy sipping on Georgian red, when i get the opportunity to do so ;)

Yes we still drink Georgian wines at home or if dining out in Ukraine, they take some beating.

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2016, 06:38:48 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.