The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: "Addicted" to FSU dating?  (Read 3298 times)

Offline CzechMate

• Trips: 1-5
"Addicted" to FSU dating?
« on: June 27, 2012, 01:49:06 AM »
OK, I have been reading bits and pieces of trip reports as time allows.  I am picking up on the acronmyms and strategies - WOVO, WMVM, WMVO, etc.  I have been corresponding with a few FSU women and dating an American woman with the potential for the relationship to become serious.

That being said, I am not yet sure how things will proceed.  Without intending to be disrepectful, I cannot help but think that just as some men never get off the computer (seems possible to easily get "addicted" to going through the profiles and writing the letters) others cannot seem to stop getting on a plane.  Some of the trip reports read more like interviews than efforts to find a partner.

I guess I would expect that the investment in so much time and money would yield better returns, so I remain skeptical about this experience.  Reponses - positive or negative - would be very interesting as I make my decisions.  CM
When I shoot, I recover the spent casing and reload the brass.

Offline Muzh_1

Re: "Addicted" to FSU dating?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 08:03:07 AM »
I see you are catching on.  :smokin:

Follow the breadcrumbs. You may find a pot of gold.

Good Luck

Offline JayH

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 10:43:43 PM »
OK, I have been reading bits and pieces of trip reports as time allows.  I am picking up on the acronmyms and strategies - WOVO, WMVM, WMVO, etc.  I have been corresponding with a few FSU women and dating an American woman with the potential for the relationship to become serious.

That being said, I am not yet sure how things will proceed.  Without intending to be disrepectful, I cannot help but think that just as some men never get off the computer (seems possible to easily get "addicted" to going through the profiles and writing the letters) others cannot seem to stop getting on a plane.  Some of the trip reports read more like interviews than efforts to find a partner.

I guess I would expect that the investment in so much time and money would yield better returns, so I remain skeptical about this experience.  Reponses - positive or negative - would be very interesting as I make my decisions.  CM
Find the balance for yourself-- there is no "right" ways-- plenty of wrong ways though!
What the forums can do is educate you of potential negatives.You need to understand a lot and it can cost plenty to learn.You do need to plan a trip-- it is so educational that much advice will then be understood.
Do not underestimate these girls --life has not been easy for many .They will be sceptical about a guy actually coming to meet them-- more than 90% never do-- so always see there is 2 sides to discussion.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 08:54:26 AM »

Find the balance for yourself-- there is no "right" ways-- plenty of wrong ways though!
What the forums can do is educate you of potential negatives.You need to understand a lot and it can cost plenty to learn.You do need to plan a trip-- it is so educational that much advice will then be understood.
Do not underestimate these girls --life has not been easy for many .They will be sceptical about a guy actually coming to meet them-- more than 90% never do-- so always see there is 2 sides to discussion.

JayH has a point even if he plagiarizes or does not give credit.

If you make the effort to travel to meet a woman in Russia or Ukraine you are way in-front of those who remain at home and never travel. On the other side if you earn allot of money or are independent this does not guarantee success with an honest and sincere woman.

Off course a good time girl will wet your dreams.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline chelseaboy

• Watched
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
And the FSU,particularly Ukraine,is full of good-time girls among the under 30-35 age group. :party0011:   

They just luuurve to spend foreign guys money,either the guys that spend their money on pay to play sites,or the guys that are equally addicted to flying out to meet them  (:)
"I find it hard to believe that Russia would target civilians on purpose " Manny 28/2/22

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 06:32:43 AM »
And the FSU,particularly Ukraine,is full of good-time girls among the under 30-35 age group. :party0011:   

They just luuurve to spend foreign guys money,either the guys that spend their money on pay to play sites,or the guys that are equally addicted to flying out to meet them  (:)

It is far heavier addiction than other stuff, and rehabilitation centers are not yet.
I wonder what substitutes whey would give instead ??? 
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »

It is far heavier addiction than other stuff, and rehabilitation centers are not yet.

The French Legion or American woman who inhabit shopping malls.

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 11:54:29 AM »

Or they'll make you watch Fran Dressler on The Nanny for 20 hours straight.   :snivel:

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 12:39:08 PM »

Or they'll make you watch Fran Dressler on The Nanny for 20 hours straight.   :snivel:

I mean to the detoxification process. Drug users get methadone, and FSUW users get...?

Offline Larry

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 01:21:13 PM »
I mean to the detoxification process. Drug users get methadone, and FSUW users get...?

I think they get Czech, Polish, and Slovenian girls.

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »

It's quite fair treatment.

Offline CzechMate

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 10:34:10 PM »
Not sure if there was an insult in there or just humor???
When I shoot, I recover the spent casing and reload the brass.

Offline JayH

• Watched
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 03:41:37 AM »

Often hard to distinguish around here!
Sometimes non-English first language speakers can use English awkwardly-- some english speakers are just plain awkward!!

Offline Larry

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 04:31:42 AM »

No insult intended.  Czech, Polish and Slovenian girls are seen as "Russian lite".  As methodone is considered a substitute for heroin.

Offline leeholsen

• Houston-NASA, the oil biz+too much country+western
    • Loveland Ski Area
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 11:20:43 AM »

i second the slow and steady.  i worked and fell for an fsu woman in Houston and was all set to find her carbon copy about 6 months adter we broke it off.

it took some real strong talk for some friends to take a step back and restart when i can and will make the commitment, but i think i will; years later; i'm still listening to russian radio, buying russian CDs and still love it.
Eat 'em up Houston Cougars !

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouses Country: Беларусь
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 10:03:26 PM »

That's humor, and damn funny IMHO

No insult intended.  Czech, Polish and Slovenian girls are seen as "Russian lite". 
Now that's just being mean:)))
Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Offline JayH

• Watched
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 04:45:23 AM »

Those that never get off the computer are the 90%+ destined to never actually go and find out. All the preliminary work is designed to make the "going" part easier.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 04:50:45 AM »

Those that never get off the computer are the 90%+ destined to never actually go and find out. All the preliminary work is designed to make the "going" part easier.

JayH I guess one more post and you can go to "jerk off" mode! Congratulations man!

Offline JayH

• Watched
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 04:51:59 AM »

JayH I guess one more post and you can go to "jerk off" mode! Congratulations man!

yeah thx-- I can retire now!! :)